“Yum!”

Good for: Families with children
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Yum!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I attended a party that was catered by smithfields. Fried chicken was SUPER yummy, moist, delicious. I'm not a fan of vinegar based BBQ, but my husband had it and said it was really good. The coleslaw was also really good, I totally went back for seconds.

Visited November 2013

New York
“Our 1st and last visit”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We went last night and while the service was good the food was not! Our son got a hotdog and it was red, he said it tasted good but he has been up with a sick belly all night! My husband and I got the chicken and shrimp. The chicken tasted like it had been under a heat lamp for quite some time and the shrimp was so tiny and tasted like oil. The potato salad was yellow and tasted like a jar of pickles. The hush puppies were extremely dry, and the French fries were limp and also tasted like oil. Overall the food had no flavor. The prices were decent but the food was not good at all and we will not be returning!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank hereinthemeantime
New York City, New York
“Great Food Chain!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great place to get something good to eat without all the bells and whistles. This restaurant is pretty much a fast food restaurant chain with fresh well seasoned, tasty food. They have the best cole slaw I have had outside of NYC. Hubby and I love cole slaw and think we are unofficial cole slaw experts. I had heard that the fried chicken was good and thought we would try it. It was very good, both the fried and the BBQ. Still trying to get used to the BBQ sauce in NC. They seem to be fond of that vinegar taste. In any case, when in the Wilmington area try Smithfield's for a good meal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Niecie718
Ashburn, Georgia, United States
“Worth the try”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

After stopping at multiple BBQ joints in my route back from Canada I spotting this on an interstate sign and remembered a friend of mine in Canada mentioning it so I stopped. Being a southern georgia BBQ restaurant owner I am not accustomed to vinegar base sauce but I tried it and it was relatively better than I imagined. As in all BBQ areas it is what the customers is used to. I am glad I tried it along with about 5 other North Carolina BBQ establishments. By far out of the 5 I would say this was the best. I am not one to write a bad review on the other places since I am not accustomed to the area.

• Visited June 2013
Texas
“Friendly Service_DvB”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I could expound on the virtues and failings of North Carolina’s vinegar BBQ sauce, but this restaurant keeps it simple. You order at the front and staff bring the food to your table. Of our group’s selections, the only complaint came about the chicken an older relative had ordered being “dry.” Since Smithfield’s was kind enough to make a special order for his dietary restrictions, I don’t think assessment is fair. Otherwise, we all very much enjoyed the pork and fried chicken, and various side dishes.

The people were friendly, especially a gentleman who was cleaning tables. It was clean, and though not too fast, not a long wait either. I rate it “Average” because it wasn’t what I would consider a unique dining experience being from out of town. If I lived there, I would probably eat there once a month or so since the food was fresh, flavorful, and not expensive.

• Visited May 2013