“Surprising”

Cape Fear Museum
Ranked #12 of 114 things to do in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Exploring the history, science and cultures of the Lower Cape Fear region. Founded in 1898. Closed Mondays September - May.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stumbled across the museum and decided to stop in. They were very reasonably priced for a museum this size! It was very interactive with lots to learn about Wilmington.
We were surprised that they didn't really focus on the film history in Wilmington. I would have thought that was a bigger part of the city.
The only thing we were sad about is that we wanted to shop in the gift shop and it closed an hour before the museum closed. The gentleman at the desk didn't tell us this when we arrived or we would have gone there first!

1  Thank statsgirlewc
There are newer reviews for Cape Fear Museum

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I visited this museum with my class this fall. I wasn't sure what to expect, being new to the area, but was pleasantly surprised. The docents were knowledgeable and friendly. The exhibits were interactive and interesting for the students. It was a great visit! I would recommend it to families.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very nicely done kind of surprised it was so nice. Very quaint and would definitely go back. Good parking and nice attendants.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We went during the first weekend if the month and all guests were free! I went with my 5 year old and even he had fun! We loved how hands on everything was! This is not a stuffy place, they encourage learning and allow you to touch the exhibits! All the staff was friendly and helpful! They also have special limited time exhibits and we will most defiantly be going back!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited this museum when we were just getting to know the area. There were several hands-on activities throughout the museum for children, to break from the reading and displays, which we appreciated. There was a vast array of material covered here, from natural to war history to pop culture. I look forward to returning.

1  Thank Bronwyn3