“Trebenzios has closed.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Unfortunately, after a bit of a downward spiral, Trebenzios has closed :( We'll miss it, in their prime, the food was excellent and very well priced.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've been here several times for dinner and the food and service was always great.

But, we have tried several times to go after hours for a drink or maybe even a little upstairs dancing and have always been always been disappointed. The bartender was inexperienced, overwhelmed, rude and her drinks were inconsistantly made. As a former bartender, I found this extremely annoying. The music was odd, maybe the DJ should pick a genre instead of mixing top 40 with 1980 classic hiphop?

This is a A++ restaurant. They should leave it at that.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I will preface this by saying I went to Trebenzios 3 months ago with a party of 5 and no reservation. We had a delightful, delicious meal with no issues. This past Wednesday night--which unfortunately was my son's 34th birthday celebration--was dreadful in every imaginable way. Made reservations the day before for 8. Someone even called from the restaurant to confirm. However, when we showed up there was no record of the reservation. We were seated upstairs, which was 90+ degrees. It was an hour between our order and the arrival of the first entree. Thirty minutes later, the last person's entree was served. Quality of the food ranged from pedestrian/cold to inedible/cold. The inedible dish was, of course, the birthday celebrant's--"braised" beef which was impenetrable by steak knife. That meal was comped. Our waitress apologized profusely and said "dessert's on me," then quite a while later delivered 2 tiny strawberry shortcakes and 7 spoons. No, really. After all that, we still had to yell down from upstairs to request our check. I could see our waitress behind the bar folding napkins and chatting with the hostess, who was texting. This was not the kind of "in the weeds" debacle that we who have toiled in restaurants understand all too well. Other than our party, there were never more than 6 other patrons in the place. Needless to say, we won't be back. We ended up walking down the street to the Fuzzy Peach after "dinner" to cool off, get dessert (for everyone!), and try to salvage the rest of the birthday night. I hate chain restaurants, but nights like this one make me understand why so many people opt for the consistency and predictability of franchises. What a shame...

1  Thank Mizlynn
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I visited Tresbenzio's Sat night for dinner with a $50 gift certificate.
We both ordered the pot roast which was good and had two $5.00 martinis.
Our bill came to $35 and were told by the waitress and manager that we could not carry forward the balance to our next potential visit.
Well guess what....there will not be a future visit with a policy so stupid as this !!!
Wake up Tresbenzios and make sure your customers leave happy.

1  Thank pmh44
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times, and with different age groups. I have had only positive reactions from everyone. The restaurant does not have a lot if seating, but has a couple levels, so specify if you have a preference.tge tilapia with crab stuffing and the salmon are generally our favorites, but the menu is varied enough to accommodate all taste preferences. It's in the heart of downtown, around the block from the riverwalk. The only negative is the inconsistent quality of service.