“Must go if your around downtown Wilmington!”
Review of Indochine

Indochine
Ranked #7 of 691 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Hampstead, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must go if your around downtown Wilmington!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great Thai food and the atmosphere is awesome! They had traditional belly dancers, done up in gold and silk. Total experience…call ahead and get on the list because this place is popular!

• Visited December 2012

USA
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

From the creative funky-Thai decor to the engaged wait staff to the very good food, Indochine is worth the visit. I can't say it's the best Thai food I've had, only because I'm from New York, and so the bar is high. It's very good food. We'll go back.

• Visited November 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“great food”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The coconut cake is the best I ever had, I would visit it more often if I could afford it.

• Visited September 2013
Freehold, New Jersey
“Extremely popular Thai/Vietnamese restaurant”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had the good fortune of arriving early at this place and were able to be seated right away. When we left there were lines out the door waiting. I understand that reservations are not taken but there is a call ahead that you can put your name on a list. That being said, the food was pretty good, though whether it was worth the wait is another question. I enjoyed my Jungle curry very much. The flavors mixed together well and the portion was large. Really it was enough for two people to share, as most of the entrees ordered by my fellow dining companions were. While not the best example of Thai/Vietnamese food that I have had, it was still quite palatable. Of note, the bathroom doors are left open, which didn't bother me but I can see that it might bother others. I didn't get the feeling that the place was extremely dirty, but there was just the slightest greasiness about the place, as I have encountered in most Chinese restaurants. There is also an outdoor garden that one can eat in during the warmer weather. I wouldn't mind going back and as evidenced by the lines, my opinion is held by a lot of other people.

• Visited November 2013
“Not impressed”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Local coworkers raved about this place so we went. Not impressed. Service was slow. Food was bland and dry. I've definitely had better Thai food elsewhere. Tables are very close together. Women's bathroom had only one stall and was expected to service the whole restaurant. Door on bathroom stall didn't lock so you had no privacy while others waited. Prices were expensive. Side salad was terrible.