“Awesome Thai Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is great. Year after year, my wife requests Indochine for her birthday dinner. The last time we went, we had a group of about 15. The staff did a great job of taking care of us, despite the fact that we showed up with such a big group at 7:00pm on a Saturday. Their Pad Thai is my personal favorite, and their curries are also very good if you're a curry person. This place does get crowded, and gets pretty loud between the people and the music, so don't expect a quiet, intimate dinner. It isn't the most scenic place in town, located on Market Street halfway downtown. The grounds around back, however, are very pretty. Request a table out back if the weather is nice enough.

There are newer reviews for Indochine

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recommended by a local and from trip advisor I tried it out. I loved the atmosphere. So much "eye candy" with the lights and decorating. The food was pretty good. I got veggie summer rolls with mango. I told the server that I was gluten free so he brought me gluten free sauces for my rolls. I also ordered the bean thread dish with veggies. It was good. So many good things to pick from though and the place was packed! Not cheap. I would go again!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wonderful food--huge variety. Worth the wait at night. Try the lunch menu--great options and you can get in and out quickly.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Indochine provides a unique dining experience. The decor makes you feel good when you enter and the service is excellent. The wait staff is accustomed to working in a busy environment. Indochine has been very successful and has gotten busier over the years. They do not take reservations and if you arrive after 6:00pm or so, expect to wait 45 minutes to an hour. The bar (only waiting area in the winter) is small and can get crowded.

The food is excellent and comes in a variety of different degrees of hotness. Our favorite is the Happy Melody, which is a combination of beef, chicken, pork and sea food. The portions are large and it is fun to share several different dishes. The menu appeals to a variety of tastes.

Although the restaurant is busy most all the time, the crowd actually adds to the dining experience. We enjoy watching all of the people that that frequent Indochine and the dining experience, once seated is pleasant. Indochine should be enjoyed when you have several hours to spend for dinner. If you are looking for something quick, try another restaurant.

One major criticiism is the PARKING. The spaces are too small, the lot is not well lit and the asphalt is cracking up with growing pot holes. It is an adventure to find a suitable parking space. The owners are doing well enough to provide their patrons with better parking. Overall, you won't be disappointed with your dining experience at Indochine.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everytime I visit the area I run here. I love the food, the atmosphere and the service. The tofu toast is so good. The curry dishes are great and my favorite is Yum Yum chicken.