“Fantastic food for a great price”
Review of Indochine

Indochine
Ranked #7 of 697 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Was looking for a good quality restaurant to round out a weekend at the beach, and Indochine did not disappoint. Service was okay, nothing out of the ordinary. Waitress did always keep water refilled and asked us how we were several times. Different busboy brought out boxes preemptively when we were done eating and even gave us an extra white rice to take home which was nice. Atmosphere was very nice, and you should not judge what it looks like from the outside.

The food was awesome. Started with dumping sampler which was okay, not too filling (this turned out to be a plus). All entrees also come with a small salad which does a good job of cleansing the palate for dishes to come. For entrees we got the Chicken with Basil, Chicken with Lemongrass, Beef with Red Curry, and Chicken Pad Thai. Each and every dish was cooked to perfection. Each dish was exquisite, and there was so much food, there was easily enough for a full lunch even after everyone (party of four) had seconds. Would highly recommend each of the dishes above, especially the Chicken with Lemon Grass and Beef with Red Curry.

Highly recommended for anyone who wants delicious Thai food and in the Wilmington area.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

My wife and I have been here about 10 times and we're from Raleigh, best Thai food we've had, great portions and ambiance! If there's a wait, grab a drink at the bar and head out back to a great patio area. If you like spicy, they have great hot flavors you can get on the side to add to your dish - "Happy Asian Medley" is our favorite.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

This is my favorite restaurant in Wilmington... never had a bad meal here! The waitstaff is excellent from the bar tenders, to the hostess, to the servers. Decorating is over the top and sometimes (Sat night) you are treated to belly dancing.

Definitely make reservations if you are in a hurry, or have a large party.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I am a local and this is one of our best places in townn to eat! The portions are huge and the price great. You will leave with tomorrow's lunch and it tastes just as good.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I must admit, my husband and I are NYC snobs. So, when we visited our friends in Wilmington and they told us about this "great" Thai place, we thought "ok, fine." Wow, were we blown away!
We waited for our table by the bar, where I tried a "One Night in Bankok" drink. It was strong and delicious. Best cocktail I've had in awhile.
We sat outside. The outdoor seating area totally took my breath away. So well done and pretty.
For dinner, I had the massamun curry, which was excellent. The coconut cake was out of this world. Our friends' infant got sick and fussy at the table, and the staff could not have been more understanding and accomodating.
This was one of the greatest dining experiences I have had in a long time. This place has it all -- great atmosphere, great drinks, great food, great service. I highly recommend Indochine.

1  Thank melhojo