“Superb sushi”

The Bento Box sushi
Ranked #54 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The menu offers food from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Korea. The focal point of The Bento Box is the sushi bar where guests can interact with the Sushi Chefs to create a unique dining experience or you may enjoy the private dining room for an intimate small group, the outdoor patio with its zen rock garden and water fountains or the sake lounge. The Bento Box sources as much organic and sustainably grown product as possible. Whether it's salmon from Scotland, hamachi from Kyushu Japan, or free range chicken, organic vegetables, and natural pork from North Carolina, we continuously seek out the best products to serve our guests.
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

The fish is so fresh and always tastes so good! Merry usually gets some sashimi with fresh tuna and hamachi- wonderfulness on a plate!
I love the delicious roll - named correctly - with tuna!
Chef Lee and his crew are the best!

1  Thank Peter B

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Tonight the Bento box featured the Cobia App. It is always a favorite of ours.
In addition to that Chef Lee also had Korean Crispy Wings as a featured item, and let me tell you, they were delicious. Offered in 2 heat stages, the “painless“ which are served with scallions and sesame seed and the the “painful“, which I opted for, are tossed with fresh Thai chilis and sesame seed. Both are coated in a tasty sauce. I think I have found my new favorite wings.
The sushi was fresh as always and service was friendly and efficient

2  Thank Ralph R
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Stumbled on this place while looking for another sushi restaurant! Were not disappointed, however. Very good sashimi bento box with nice chef's selection. Would definitely return.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed April 17, 2018

Second trip to this restaurant. It is always displaying fabulous reviews, but both of my dining experiences have been mediocre. Dinner with friends was trip number one. On the recommendation of the waitstaff, I ordered Tom Ka -Shrimp, fresh noodles, beech mushrooms,ginger, scallions, cilantro and Thai chili in a coconut lemongrass broth. It was so devoid of any flavor that I sent it back and ordered sushi! My dinner guests had better luck with their orders, but nothing to write home about. Trip # 2 this week, I stuck with shishi/ sashimi. The fish was fresh and well prepared, but the rice lacked any flavor at all, and was generally gloppy. I have had better sushi at non- Pan Asian restaurants in the area.

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing. Went with a group of 7 and every one of us thought our meals were awesome. Everything tasted so fresh and was presented beautifully. The service was good. I highly recommend this place!!!

1  Thank Nevada-Dan