“Great sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bento Box sushi

The Bento Box sushi
Ranked #80 of 666 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The menu offers food from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Korea. The focal point of The Bento Box is the sushi bar where guests can interact with the Sushi Chefs to create a unique dining experience or you may enjoy the private dining room for an intimate small group, the outdoor patio with its zen rock garden and water fountains or the sake lounge. The Bento Box sources as much organic and sustainably grown product as possible. Whether it's salmon from Scotland, hamachi from Kyushu Japan, or free range chicken, organic vegetables, and natural pork from North Carolina, we continuously seek out the best products to serve our guests.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hands down, the best sushi in Wilmington. Consistent service, great food, wonderful atmosphere. There is something here for everyone to love, even for those who don't like sushi.

Visited July 2014

Dallas, Texas
“great Sushi and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been to the Bento Box 3 times since they moved to the new location. They consistently offer great sushi and have a really diverse roll menu and the nigiri is always fresh. We had a wonderful, attentive waiter on this visit. The Bento box is always on my list of restaurants when I am in Wilmington.

Ithaca, New York
“Awful Service. Rude Manager. Will not be returning!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Having visited the Bento Box, once before we expected to come dine in a great atmosphere with a wonderful server. This expectation was out the window almost immediately into our dining experience.
After placing our drink orders- a jack and coke, a jack and sprite and their house mojito, it took about 10 minutes to receive these drinks, and after having a sip of the mojito we had to send it back. Now I have worked in the restaurant industry for 6 years and dined around the world so I am not usually one to complain, but the mojito tasted of flat tonic water with some mint leaves thrown in. Thankfully our waiter, Christopher (when we were able to eye him down to our table) came over and replaced it.
My friends and I quickly moved on from the experience and were excited to get our sushi. By the time it hit our table, my water glass was not only empty but he had also forgotten to bring our side sauces, which we requested when we ordered. After about five minutes of waiting for him to return to our table with water and our sauces, I then had to ask him not once, but twice, for both items. Even after that, it was a struggle to get him to refill our drinks. My friends then ordered two blue motorcycles, which contain- gin, rum, vodka, tequila, blue curacao and sprite and sour mix, and they ended up tasting horrible. When we kindly asked him to exchange, the manager/bartender came over to speak to us and our experience went from bad to horrible.
Her first question to us was what was wrong with the drinks she made, and when we explained to her that had way too much gin in them and tasted very wrong she proceed to speak to us in a extremely condescending tone asking us if we have ever even had these drinks before and are we just there to throw liquor down the drain. When we continued to explain to her that this was not our intention at all, that we actually went out for a nice dining experience she not only stared at us like we were stupid but spoke to us like children. She made clear, and I quote, "This is not TGI Friday's, we make real drinks here", as if we had never been to a classy establishment and were only used to bad drinks. After she ID my friends with the drinks, which should have been done when we ordered them, we asked for our checks because we could not believe how rude and condescending the manager Danielle Lutts was and she informed us that we could only get them if we were not going to order any more drinks.
Not only did she ruin our meal, but also my friend’s homecoming from deployment. Spending over $100.00 at this restaurant I was appalled at the service we received and I will never be dining here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ellekathleen
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best sushi in Wilmington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

You will not be disappointed at all! Great place to bring a date, friends, or co-workers. If you don't sit right at the sushi bar, you can still see your food being prepared on the monitors around the restaurant. You must get the dessert pot stickers too!

1 Thank Mike R
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at the bar back in May and had a great experience. The rolls were very good and tasted fresh. Also, the drinks were delicious! We were a little suspicious based on the exterior because it didn't look like there was anyone inside, but once inside we realized they just have a dark tint on the windows. All was great once we made it through the front door!

Visited May 2014