“Amazing Sushi!”

The Bento Box sushi
Ranked #70 of 668 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The menu offers food from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Korea. The focal point of The Bento Box is the sushi bar where guests can interact with the Sushi Chefs to create a unique dining experience or you may enjoy the private dining room for an intimate small group, the outdoor patio with its zen rock garden and water fountains or the sake lounge. The Bento Box sources as much organic and sustainably grown product as possible. Whether it's salmon from Scotland, hamachi from Kyushu Japan, or free range chicken, organic vegetables, and natural pork from North Carolina, we continuously seek out the best products to serve our guests.
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I literally go to Bento Box at least twice a week. They are always so nice to me and my friends, even though we have very specific sushi needs. We all order different types of sushi, and the staff listens to what we want. The price is great for what you get, and the atmosphere is great as well. I always feel like I can trust Bento Box because it feels clean when you walk in. The sushi comes out super fast, and the staff is always willing to help. I would highly recommend Bento Box to anyone that loves sushi, and even if you aren't a sushi fan, they have great noodle and rice dishes!

1 Thank Emma K

Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great prices, great atmosphere, and even greater food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great prices, great atmosphere, and even greater food. Bento Box never disappoints. The pork belly lo mein is one of my favorites, and I always get the miso soup as an app. Perfect for dinner! Bento Box has a relaxing yet upscale feel, and I love the price range. Completely affordable! If you want a great asian meal in Wilmington, then Bento Box is the only place to go!

1 Thank Clare245
Wilmington
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been to the Bento Box several times and the food is always good. The service is great as well. I have never had a bad meal at the restaurant.

The ambiance is great and I really like the atmosphere. I have been to Bento Box for lunch and dinner and there has been no difference in the way the rolls are made. I love this! I really don't like going places and the rolls are different depending on the chef on duty. Chef Lee has trained his chefs very well.

I have ordered so many sushi offerings that I cannot list them all. Each time they were delicious and the ingredients were fresh. I have never had a bad roll. I also love the fact that what is on the roll is listed on the menu. I have gone several places where the roll comes out, it has something on it that wasn't mentioned on the menu and most times I have to send it back. I wish more restaurants would be like the Bento Box and let the customer know exactly how they prepare their rolls.

The appetizers are great as well as the other offerings. I am a huge fan of the Pork Belly Lo Mein. It is very flavorful. We ordered the curry once and it was good but we weren't a fan of the mango and sweet potato. It is different but not our speed. However, the curry sauce is delicious.

I will be back to the Bento Box as long as I live close by. It is just that good.

The picture isn't that great but shows the Port City and Shrimp Tempura Rolls in the foreground and the Painful and I believe the Spicy Tuna (I may be mistaken) in the background. The picture doesn't do the food justice. The sauces in the middle are from the app and not the rolls. They are made in house and so good I usually keep them to dip a roll or two in. However, the rolls are so good they can easily stand alone.

2 Thank Danie R
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
“Great food, great times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Bento box is a favorite of my husband and mine! We try to come in at least once a month when we are really craving some sushi. We would never go anywhere else in Wilmington for sushi, Bento is simply the best! We love the environment and the friendly wait staff. The sushi chefs are extraordinary and are always willing to accommodate to your specific sushi wants. Sometimes when I am not in the mood for sushi I get the Thai fried rice and it is simply out of this world!! Yum yum!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Ashley R
Baltimore, Maryland
“Friendly/Fresh Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I absolutely loved the atmosphere right when I walked in. It was almost like home and I felt so welcomed by the staff immediately. Oh I almost forgot the food was the best part, could you believe it! Extremely fresh sushi, presentation was phenomenal, and quick and friendly service. If you want great sushi and want a more upscale feel, go to Bento Box.

1 Thank Ryan C