All reviewsfront deskwrightsville beachextended stayindoor poolfull kitchenqueen bedfree breakfastnice breakfasta great place to stayclean roomsgreat roomeach morningdowntownlisastoragedishwasherkitchenette
Reviewed October 9, 2017

The staff here were uniformly very helpful and friendly, not to mention the wonderful location only 3 miles directly down to Wrightsville Beach. Also very easy access to other main arteries in Wilmington, so overall a great place central to most everything. The price is also very good, which includes breakfast, but having a kitchen in the room is good for keeping costs down as well. Clean suites were much appreciated - will be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
TPS_Managment_Team, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Hi djcpbr,

Thank you for choosing to stay here with us at the TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington. We appreciate this great feedback of our hotel and service team.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

TownePlace Suites Wilmington. This is a newer property in very good shape. An absolutely delightful property! I stayed in room 527 a queen bedded two room suite with kitchen.

PRO’s

• Good bed, with decent pillows. Two foam and two feather pillows.
• Has full kitchen with 14cf fridge, microwave, stove top, dishwasher
• Large two tier nesting work desk with 3 unused outlets and 1 USB to power electronics
• (2) 32” TV’s
• Friendly front desk staff
• (very) Small indoor pool and whirlpool
• Antique beach theme décor is bright, airy and inviting
• Nice vanity in bath area and separate area for tub/toilet
• Separate bedroom with door and nice closet configuration
• Two electrical outlets bedside for electronics
• Separate living area with chair, couch and ottoman
• Nice workout room with free weights
• Outdoor gas grille
• Small outdoor seating area with gas fireplace to chill
• Excellent value
• Bill under door
• Can easily accommodate stays of several weeks
• Dogs allowed

CON’s

• Elevator floors dirty
• Light to moderate traffic noises can be heard inside room, perhaps an even numbered room would have less?
• Needs nightlight in bathroom
• Thermostat and light switch is behind the door when opened
• Mascara on bath towel
• Dogs allowed. Did not affect my stay

I am a Hilton person, but have to admit this is a near perfect hotel and could find virtually nothing wrong with this property! Bravo Marriott, well done! Overall I would give this property a 95/100 and 100/100 for value. I would return here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank YepBeenThere

Hello YepBeenTheree,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the wonderful and detailed review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband & I visited Wilmington this past weekend for a quick getaway. We also brought our dog along for the trip. It was her first road trip & first visit to the beach! The front desk staff were polite and helpful and overall we had an okay stay. Upon checking in, while walking to the elevator we noticed dead cockroaches in the hallway. Our hotel room was a bit cramped. The furniture had some stains and the shower tub had yellow stains. The first night of our stay I woke up at about 4:30am to this horrible sound outside my window. My dog (a Labrador Retreiver) was shaking in fear. I realized it was the garbage truck picking up the dumpster but it was slamming it up and down so many times! Why would you have trash picked up at 4am on a hotel property?! And to make it worse, it continued on for another 15 minutes at all the nearby hotels. I just don't get it. I had to console my dog & I couldn't go back to sleep. Due to this incident, my dog couldn't be left in the room while we left for breakfast so my husband & I had to take turns getting breakfast. Like I said, the staff were nice but the experience from the first night was not pleasant.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
TPS_Managment_Team, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Hello juth5879,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding your stay. Please accept our apologies on the poor timing of the trash removal from the property. We have spoken with the vendor responsible for handling this for us and we will continue to make efforts to get this acomplished at a more ideal time. We hope to have another oppotunity to be your hotel choice in Wilmington in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Upon check in I began talking to Charmaine and Heather, they were amazing to deal with and talk to. We asked for restaurant referrals and Charmaine referred us to George (we wanted something on the water) and she even found a coupon for us to use. Surely made the stay enjoyable and made us feel like we where at home.
Te beds where extremely comfy too!!!

Room Tip: Great location and I like having the kitchenette in the room
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Hello Debbie G,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback regarding your stay and experience with us, and for taking the time to mention some of our wonderful team members.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel and i was very fortunate to meet Charmaine and Tamera, two service representatives that were very helpful to me. i had an out patient surgery and decided to stay for the night and leave the next morning. unfortunately, i had a complication which made it impossible for me to move around and so i was stuck in bed. i managed to call the front desk and lucky for me a lady by the name Charmaine answered and came to my rescue. not only did she help me get back on my feet, she also brought Tamera another representative to help me. These two ladies were so amazing for going above and beyond in helping someone they didn't know. i am very grateful for their kindness.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo

Hi gkattak1,

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites By Marriott Wilmington as your choice while staying in Wilmington. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.