TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Rocky Point, North Carolina
“Great”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Amandafrom the breakfast area was very nice. She had a great attitude and was very willing to help when I asked a question. Verneeda was a great housekeeper she made sure everything was great in my room. The front desk man Fadel was very nice as well. Answered all my question that were needed. Very well dressed.

• Stayed July 2014
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Naturallove, Thank you so much for complimenting our Staff. We really want you to feel as comfortable as possible while you visit our property. Amanda is amazing at doing just that! Verneeda is the best around and we greatly appreciate your words. Thank you again and we cant wait to see you again soon!

Fidel Lucero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dow, IL
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our third stay at this facility. As before we were very pleased. The condition of our room was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast great. The maid service did an excellent job every day and the front desk made us feel like we were friends and not just customers. There is a cheaper long term stay facility next door but we have always preferred this hotel. We normally stay between 7-10 days when we visit. We prefer to be on the fifth floor and this was the first time we were not. We were on the fourth floor. Still there was very little noise that could be heard from our room. We would definitely rebook at this hotel the next time we come to town.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is the most quiet floor.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Russ, Thank you for your kind words. I know you are a loyal guest and we are excited to see you every time you visit! You and your wife are such a joy to serve! We truly are happy to make your stays at the Towneplace as relaxed and enjoyable as we possibly can. See you again soon!

Knightdale, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Was a nice hotel and provided a great location for a beach getaway. Enjoyed the great value and price, and was not all too far from the beach. Great staff, who were friendly and pleasant. This was a return visit and I would expect to return again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

longjr777, We thank you so much for making the Towneplace your home away from home. Our return guests are what really make our job so rewarding. We cant wait to have you back again and look forward to serving you!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My name is David and I am a district manager of a major automotive company. I have been a district manager for over 22 years now and I have traveled around the world - staying in best hotels that money can buy. From Vegas, New Orleans, Chicago, New York and other locations but I have to say - I found this place by mistake but it must have been a god sent reason why I found this place. From the moment I walked thru the door I knew I was "HOME" - The place was not just clean, bright and smelled good but the customer service and I hate to call it customer service because I did not feel like a customer - I felt like a friend. I am not sure where you found Kim and Julia Ware but you need to find others like them. You need to have them teach your training courses and you need to give them both a raise because I have never experience true service unitil I came "HOME" - I will never stay at another hotel except this brand because of these two ladies - I will also tell my company to make sure they book our corporate travels with your organization. No one told me to write this but I felt it was my duty because Kim and Julia really do care about their "HOME"

Room Tip: all the rooms have to be like mine !!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank david w
david w, WOW! Thank you for your incredible review! It really does mean more than you know when we hear such kind words for our Staff. Both Julia and Kim are so valuable to our team at the Towneplace Suites. I have sheared your words and both are extremely grateful. Our guests are our number one priority and we are excited to host as gracious a guest as you.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Finally had a chance to get away with my boyfriend, Love the hotel. The only thing I didn't like it how they jacked up the price for that weekend $200.00+ more then the normal price. Safe was friendly. I will tell you if you plan on paying cash for your room you will also need to have a credit card with the same amount on it to hold till you check out, it made no sense to me!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Laketta L, We are so glad you like the hotel and Staff. We really do feel like our Staff is what sets us apart from our competing hotels. with that being said we do need to remain competitive in our market. Unfortunately with that comes a little higher prices in the summer. We do our very best to make sure that every dollar is well spent. Thanks!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We checked in on July3, and checked out July 5. We were not impressed by the general condition of our room. The room was very "shop worn", with the bathroom woodwork in need of repainting. The room air conditioner was very noisy, and had the nasty habit of wetting the carpeting in front of it for a radius of 2 feet! To top it all off, when I went to use the shower, there was a large cockroach in the tub! The airconditioner leak was reported to the front desk July 4, at 9am. When we checked out on July5, no one had checked into it yet. This place was the only motel with rooms available. So, we were forced into staying there. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lawrence S, I want to apologize for your stay being less than desirable. This time of year we take extra precautions in treating for water bugs as they are prevalent and known for sneaking in out of the rain. We are so sorry this happened during your stay. If at all possible if you would be so kind to call the hotel, I'd love the opportunity to talk to find out details and to get that area treated again.
As for the hotel, we are counting down the days till our very first remodel! We are excited for our soon to come upgrades! As a staff we do all we can to accommodate and are looking forward to a fresh new look!
Once again I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I stayed here for three nights on a beach vacation after spending some time with family and friends nearby. The hotel was mostly well-upkept and in a pretty good location close to the beach and other attractions in the area. The bed was nice and the kitchen had everything we needed to get by for a three-day stay. However, there were a couple of things that rubbed me the wrong way.

First, we had a very large and uninvited 6-legged guest, but being close to the ocean, I suppose that does happen at times. I was able to dispatch it with relative ease.

Second, the room we got (for my wife, my son, and me) was oddly laid out and quite small. It's like they just tried to pack way too much into the small space. My son slept on the sofa, and not with the bed pulled out. Pulling thesofa bed out would likely have created such a small clearance between it and the bed that it might not even pass fire code.

Lastly, we had to do some laundry while we were there. The washer and dryer were 2.00 per load EACH, which is twice what I've ever seen before. And the dryer was awful. Suffice it to say that inside the washer isn't the only soaking that was going on in that room.

Overall, it was adequate, a little disappointing, but not awful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The_Notorious_BLG, I want to first apologize about your visitor!!!! I would actually love it if you got a chance to call the hotel, just so we can ensure we get that area of the hotel a little extra treatment. We do have a regularly scheduled visit by our contracted exterminators that treat the property. I also wanted to let you know we do have a few different room types that hopefully would be more accommodating to you and your family. On your next visit I would be happy to give an upgrade, if it is available, to ensure a more comfortable stay. Hopefully we will hear from you soon!