and 1 more site!
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
“Get-a-way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Finally had a chance to get away with my boyfriend, Love the hotel. The only thing I didn't like it how they jacked up the price for that weekend $200.00+ more then the normal price. Safe was friendly. I will tell you if you plan on paying cash for your room you will also need to have a credit card with the same amount on it to hold till you check out, it made no sense to me!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Laketta L, We are so glad you like the hotel and Staff. We really do feel like our Staff is what sets us apart from our competing hotels. with that being said we do need to remain competitive in our market. Unfortunately with that comes a little higher prices in the summer. We do our very best to make sure that every dollar is well spent. Thanks!

Fidel Lucero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We checked in on July3, and checked out July 5. We were not impressed by the general condition of our room. The room was very "shop worn", with the bathroom woodwork in need of repainting. The room air conditioner was very noisy, and had the nasty habit of wetting the carpeting in front of it for a radius of 2 feet! To top it all off, when I went to use the shower, there was a large cockroach in the tub! The airconditioner leak was reported to the front desk July 4, at 9am. When we checked out on July5, no one had checked into it yet. This place was the only motel with rooms available. So, we were forced into staying there. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lawrence S, I want to apologize for your stay being less than desirable. This time of year we take extra precautions in treating for water bugs as they are prevalent and known for sneaking in out of the rain. We are so sorry this happened during your stay. If at all possible if you would be so kind to call the hotel, I'd love the opportunity to talk to find out details and to get that area treated again.
As for the hotel, we are counting down the days till our very first remodel! We are excited for our soon to come upgrades! As a staff we do all we can to accommodate and are looking forward to a fresh new look!
Once again I hope to hear from you in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I stayed here for three nights on a beach vacation after spending some time with family and friends nearby. The hotel was mostly well-upkept and in a pretty good location close to the beach and other attractions in the area. The bed was nice and the kitchen had everything we needed to get by for a three-day stay. However, there were a couple of things that rubbed me the wrong way.

First, we had a very large and uninvited 6-legged guest, but being close to the ocean, I suppose that does happen at times. I was able to dispatch it with relative ease.

Second, the room we got (for my wife, my son, and me) was oddly laid out and quite small. It's like they just tried to pack way too much into the small space. My son slept on the sofa, and not with the bed pulled out. Pulling thesofa bed out would likely have created such a small clearance between it and the bed that it might not even pass fire code.

Lastly, we had to do some laundry while we were there. The washer and dryer were 2.00 per load EACH, which is twice what I've ever seen before. And the dryer was awful. Suffice it to say that inside the washer isn't the only soaking that was going on in that room.

Overall, it was adequate, a little disappointing, but not awful.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
The_Notorious_BLG, I want to first apologize about your visitor!!!! I would actually love it if you got a chance to call the hotel, just so we can ensure we get that area of the hotel a little extra treatment. We do have a regularly scheduled visit by our contracted exterminators that treat the property. I also wanted to let you know we do have a few different room types that hopefully would be more accommodating to you and your family. On your next visit I would be happy to give an upgrade, if it is available, to ensure a more comfortable stay. Hopefully we will hear from you soon!

Shelby Township, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The staff are nice and welcoming. Hallway and stairwell floors are dirty, not cleaned often and smell funny. The rooms come with a kitchen, which includes: stove-top, fridge and dish-washer, great for a longer visit. Location is close to beaches, shops, restaurants and some attractions. The hotel is pet-friendly too!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
lemon100, Thank you for taking the time to review or property! We are pleased to hear you like our rooms and our staff. We will continue to work diligently to keep our hotel clean and welcoming. We'd love to have you back again in the future so we can serve you better!

Rocky Mount, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Decided to take a spur of the moment beach trip and stayed here. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very polite check-in clerk. He gave a detailed list of all the facility had to offer. The next morning we met Mrs. Lisa, she helped us so much in finding local attractions and even printed out a map for us. The housekeeping staff we will give 2 thumbs up, no problems at all. The entire staff that we came in contact with, which was a lot of them, were cordial, welcoming, concerned that all our needs were being met. I cannot say anything bad about this place, only wish we had stayed longer. Definately, will go back and highly recommend that anyone interested give them a try. I have read over a lot of hotel reviews in the past and I believe that most of the negative reviews were due to a bad attitude, not on the part of the hotel staff but on the travelers. Just remember, It's not the hotel staff's fault that you traveled in an enclosed vehicle for hours on end with a nagging spouse or children yelling or fighting. I find as a general rule if you present a positive attitude, you will get one in return.

Room Tip: Suites are really more like home.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Bob k
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Bob k, I cant tell you how rewarding it is to hear your words of kindness. We are happy to serve you and your family and look forward to your future stays. We exhaust all effort in treating our guests as family. Thank you again for your amazing review!

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We, a couple with a toddler, were there for 4 nights. We were totally satisfied with the entire experience. Housekeeping not only changed our towels and replaced soap and shampoo daily, but also stopped by each afternoon to see if we needed anything else. The front desk personnel were courteous, although one young man on the night shift pretended to know where a restaurant was without really knowing. (He told me it was 5-7 minutes away when it was actually across the street.) Breakfasts were good, the fitness room adequate, and the pool small but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mcclough, We are extremely glad to hear how our housekeeping team was able to take such good care of you during your stay! They work so hard and it really means a lot when it is noticed. I have shared your comments with my team and they are so grateful. I do apologize for the mix up in directions however. We learn more and more about the wonders of Wilmington each day so we can be as informative as possible. Cant wait to see you again in the future so we can show more of the sites!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a beach trip. It was an okay distance from Wrightsville Beach and a little bit closer to Downtown Wilmington. The room was a nice size for the four of us and nicely furnished/decorated. The room/beds and bathroom were very clean and it was really nice having the little kitchen area with a refrigerator. The front desk staff were friendly and the decor of the lobby was cute/trendy. I appreciated the free breakfast but did not love it. The coffee and muffins were pretty tasty but that was all I really enjoyed. The only reason why I would not stay here again is because of the distance...other than that I thought it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie H, We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the Towneplace Suites for your stay in Wilmington. Our central location makes its convenient to see all parts of the Wilmington area. We are less than 5 miles from downtown, 4 miles from Wrightsville beach, and 1 mile from the UNCW campus. This allows us to accommodate all guests for all different types of travel. Hopefully our service will keep you coming back to see us on your next trip! Thank you so much for your kind words!