“Employees and attention to detail”

TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at TownePlace last week. I was in middle of a trying move and had little rest. The first person I met was Joe. Joe was professional and helpful well beyond what would have been required. I appreciated his positive, helpful attitude more than he will know. Once in the hotel you will notice the attention to detail. Rooms were clean and well appointed. When you wake up coffee and breakfast are calling you to start the day. Thank you Joe and all the employees for you kindness. Not only would I stay here again I would recommend it to any visitors, pleasure or business.

FH

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

flo h, It is our honor to give you a warm welcoming experience while you stay at our hotel. Thank you for your humbling words. Joe has expressed his appreciation and was happy to take care of you while at the Towneplace Suites. We hope you are all settled in to your new place, but don't forget us next time you want to make it out to the beach!

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Absolutely great staff all around from managers to housekeepers.
Everyone was friendly and extremely helpful at all times. Very nice
clean rooms with fully equipped kitchen. Excellent free self-serve
breakfast. The location is convenient to beach and the Historic
downtown district. Overall the TownPlace Suites was a very
positive five night experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DA R, We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for your comments on our staff. If there is one thing enjoy doing, it is serving our guests. We hope we made a lasting impression and will be able to host you again on your next visit to Wilmington!

Fidel

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Beautiful clean friendly hotel. Priced right AND great amenities! I've never stayed in a hotel with a walk-in closet :) and a dishwasher. Nice kitchen included. Beds were different too...memory foam (?)...nice! My ONLY complaint is: WHY is there a full length mirror in front of the toilet?? Please move them to the living area where they would serve a better purpose (ha ha).

GREAT location. Right between downtown and Wrightsville Beach. Strip mall across the street with several great restaurants, Kohls, etc. But, you have to drive across...no crosswalks.

Pool (exercise) area (indoor only) was spotless and pleasant . Employees were friendly even when stressed out on a holiday weekend. Breakfast was yummy, but could you occasionally switch up the hot choices for those of us who stay 5 nights?

BEST treat ever were the FREE hot wings, beer (!) and yummy salad on Tuesday (and Thurs?) night!

Room Tip: Room was surprisingly quiet even with a full hotel, but you might want to ask for a top floor room a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Deedoo, You're words mean more than you know! Thank you so much for your review. We strive to make every stay as delightful as yours. It is truly fulfilling hearing how much you enjoyed your time at the Towneplace. We cant wait to have you stay again soon!

Fidel

Reviewed May 29, 2014

my wife and i stayed for 5 days rooms were clean more then i expected the staff was excellent very personable polite and helpful many pets in rooms but didnt notice at all easy location to businesses shopping and downtown i will be staying again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Mike G, We are very glad we were able to give you a comfortable and accommodating stay! Our goal here at the Towneplace is to make your trip as care free as possible. Cant wait to see you guys again on your next trip!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great place to stay just under a mile of the beach. Close to a large shopping strip. The suite had a mini kitchenette with stove dishwasher et-all and fully stocked even with the dish wash detergent. The work desk was great too. This is star stuff for extended stay. At around $110 per night with tax, it was good value for money. Also the breakfast was very very good with all the basics and fresh fruits.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Avi_Trvlr, Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments for us. It always means a lot to know we made enough of an impression that you would give your input. We cannot wait to serve you further next time you make it to Wilmington!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed at Towne suites many times, but this time wasn't as positive as past times. They have two elevators. One was closed off with caution tape, with the doors open. Not sure how long it's been like that, but you would think marriott would be right on this.

Secondly the carpet throughout the halls, and on elevator is stained and dirty.

Thirdly, in the usually well appointed kitchenette there was no dish soap or dishwasher powder. I can't wash the utensils they provided before I used them. Not sure if they stopped supplying or forgot to put in the room.

The sofa has stains on it, and is looking pretty worn. The bathroom was clean, and well supplied and my bed is nice and clean.

I'm just a little disappointed with the decline of this hotel. I always liked staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Scs0216, We are very glad that we are your choice to stay when you are in Wilmington. I am extremely anxious to announce that we are approved for upgrade next year! We are taking small steps in the meantime to improve and update our look, hence the reason our elevator was down during your stay. We have pulled that old carpet you mentioned in the elevator and put all brand new tile to refresh the look. I thank you so much for the constructive input and cant wait to show you our upgrades!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We spent one night here recently and it was a good place to stay. I couldn't quit laughing every time I went in the bathroom though because there is a full length mirror right in front of the commode. So you can watch yourself sit! I have never seen that placement in any other hotel.
We had a quiet room on the top floor as requested. We didn't see or hear any dogs. There were two comfortable chairs in the room useful for reading. The thermostat and fan setting made it possible to make the AC noise constant and not turning off and on all night. The breakfast area was fine but was a little cramped if more than a couple of people were trying to get something at the same time. There seemed to be several people at breakfast dressed for painting or construction work. This place would be perfect for a long term stay. There was more closet space, cabinets and drawers in the room than anywhere else I've stayed. There was a real kitchen and not just a microfrig.
The only complaint we had with the room is that all the pillows were much larger than we like. I've seen some hotel chains label pillows as firm or soft but these weren't labeled. They were just all huge. This would be good for sitting in bed watching TV but when I go to sleep I don't want my chin to almost touch my chest. The next morning my husband and I both commented that we didn't sleep good because of the extremely thick firm pillows. Even with all the good features, the reason you choose one hotel over another is the hope that you will get a good nights sleep and the pillows prevented this.
There were some minor housekeeping issues that could be easily corrected. The desk has a roll out table under it and that was covered with crumbs when we pulled it out. There were several popcorn kernels on the carpet at the end of the bed and there were some hairs on the sheets but none of those would keep us from staying here again if the price it right. The only BIG thing that would make us think twice was the pillows.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

CindyC, First I want to apologize the pillows were not what you had hoped for. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise. Your imput always helps for us to take in the advice and adjust where needed. Hopefully during your next stay we can work together to get you the night sleep you deserve on a vacation. We can always accomodate with feather free pillows if that might work better.