“Kim was spectacular”

TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We arrived after a disappointing evening only to be greeted by a very professional young lady named Kim. Kim went out of her way to please all of our request and answered all of our questions regarding our stay. I highly recommend this hotel & would definitely would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori M
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in mid November 2013. We warmly greeted by the staff and well cared for during our 3 day visit. I accidentally left my credit card in the room at check out and was called by Lisa Jordan within 2 hours. I am most grateful to her and the house keeper for saving me a world of worry and turmoil. Their honesty and integrity is most appreciated..
The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. Our 2 small dogs loved the gluten free dog treats.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet on the first floor and allowed for easy access to the dog walk area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank David B
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We visited family in Wilmington during the Christmas holidays and stayed at TownePlace Suites for 3 nights. We were a party of 4 and requested adjoining rooms. The staff went the extra mile to get two adjourning rooms for us. The property is beautifully decorated and very clean. The kitchen had a full fridge and two burners; it was also well stocked with basic cooking and eating utensils. We did not cook but the fridge was very handy for drinks and snacks. The lobby had an extensive lil shop with snacks and beverages,,,even beer and wine. The complimentary breakfast was a good assortment of hot and cold foods. What stood out as a pleasant surprise to me was the automatic pancake machine that made two fresh pancakes by pushing a button! Also I was pleased to see turkey bacon as an option. The staff was pleasant, professional, and very accommodating! I have always liked Marriott properties and my first time staying at TownePlace Suites. I had a great stay and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylvia T
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My friend and I booked a double room for New Years Eve...check in was easy and the lobby was clean and equipped with snacks and drinks. The bathroom light had blown in the first room we were provided, but they easily moved us to another room. There was minor wear on the surfaces...baseboards, tub, etc., but was clean. The counter space in the bathroom was minimal, which tends to be problematic for two twenty something ladies. The staff was kind in directing us to the best places to celebrate New Years Eve, and also provided the number of an excellent taxi service. The complementary breakfast included pancakes/waffles, bagels, muffins, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, etc. I didn't bring my pup, but will for future stays as the hotel is pet friendly, and there were many guests traveling with dogs. We also enjoyed the outdoor gas logs and sitting area. The location is halfway between the beach and downtown Wilmington, which was desirable for our activities. We'll stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ABM2131
Fidel L, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Happy New Year ABM2131! Hope we were able to help ring in the New Year right! Thank you so much for your comments! We would be glad to have you as our guests again on your next trip out. We will point you in all the right directions to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. See you again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have stayed here several times. We have enjoyed our stay every time. It is difficult to find a pet friendly hotel. TownePlace Suites is excellent.
Staying at TownePlace makes visiting our daughter, her husband and the grand kids much easier!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ltsjdad

ltsjdad, Thank you so much for choosing us while you make it to visit the Grand kids! We are happy to host and take care of you and your family!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here in October it was an emergency to get to North Carolina and since I love staying at Marriott's it was nice to see they had a few. The hotel is nice and clean we stopped off in Leland, NC first at my mother in laws to see her waited a little before we wen to check in it was easy to get to we flew into Myrtle Beach.
The room had a full fridge 2 burners which was nice I didn't cook but we brought drinks. They offer a hot breakfast in the morning which was good and I've never seen a hotel that serves turkey bacon which was a plus for my husband since he doesn't eat pork.
The pool was nice but small that's something notice with Marriott they have nice hotels and when there building it they always put in small pools it's indoors and that was great with a hot tub we used the gym as well everything was very nice I also love Marriott's because there beds are so comfortable plus I love earning my points and on this stay they had a special get 5,000 points extra per day that was great.
The only thing I would like this hotel to do is get more lighting around the building the one day it was packed and had to park in the back of the hotel and the lighting should be brighter for guest for there safety and the bathroom door wouldn't stay open it kept closing but other than that when we return we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Pokerolls, Thank you for your encouraging words! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed all we had to offer while you were in town. It means a great deal to know we are doing well taking care of our elite members. Its always great to hear how much you enjoyed breakfast. We do our best to help each day start off well. Looking forward to the next time you make it out to Wilmington and the Towneplace Suites!

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling from Atlanta to Emerald Isle and got a late start. With two children under the age of 6 it was late and we needed to stop. Found this hotel thru trip advisor and found a incredible deal of $58 including tax for the night. This hotel was great. Even with the great deal the young man Fidel I think adjusted our original reservation of 1 bed to two to accommodate our young girls. A really nice guy and I appreciate his customer service.

Overall the hotel was very clean, updated rooms, excellent customer service and staff that always were engaged.

The biggest negative and item holding them back from perfect was the breakfast. Not a lot to select from, they ran out of most items, what they did have tasted bad, and the staff kept saying they would bring out more after they defrosted it.

Other than that this hotel is perfect for a short stay as it is close to everything on Market St.

Stayed: December 2013
Greg G, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hey dadooleys. Yes I recall you and your wonderful family! It was a pleasure hosting you during your trip. We do all we can to make a stay such as yours feel like you never left home. If you are ever passing through in the future we would be our pleasure to have you again!