“Your PERFECT place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
United States
“Your PERFECT place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been traveling to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area for 6 years. I would like to highly recommend the TownePlace Suites at 305 Eastwood Road in Wilmington! I have found that it is the people who make the difference. The staff at this location is wonderful. The room that I stayed in was clean and well taken care of. It is the staff that truly makes this an exceptional place to stay!
Over the years, I have stayed at other establishments in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area ...other places that I would never recommend! I feel that the TownePlace Suites is the PERFECT place to stay when visiting this area!

Room Tip: I had a room that was on the second floor and when you looked out of the window, your view was the b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greg G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello menbx5,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review, and for staying here with us in Wilmington. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay here with us again in the future.

Greg Grigsby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Raeford, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently being moved to the wilmington area this hotel has went over and beyond the customer service. Greg the general manager is awesome and works great with you. i switched rooms twice and he didnt hound me about it at all. He even moved my things for me so that i could be at work. also had a package del there and the staff put it in my room for me. The rooms are great and cleaned every day on the regular. i could not ask for a better staff to have incountered. Keep it up Greg and staff. you guys are awesome.

Room Tip: might sound wierd but go for the rooms behind the elevator larger in space
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Gary W,

Thank you for the great review and for continuing to stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do during your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I didn't even need to hunt for a restaurant. Grabbed a candy bar from their canteen and charged it to the room and three free milks for breakfast as u ran out in the morning.

Only think lacking was a little bit better free Internet access; I got bumbed off periodically during data transfers.

All-in-all: a great stay at a great convienent location.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Weorthan,

Thank you for the great review and for staying here with us in Wilmington. We're very please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you feel welcome. I have shared your comments with our team members. I'm also happy to let you know that we are currently in the process of replacing and upgrading our entire internet system. We hope to have this complete in the near future and look forward to having you with us again soon.

Clinton, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I checked out of the Towne Place Suites after a two night stay. We originally had a reservation for 4 nights (June 9-12) . At 10:00 AM this morning a manager knocked on our door asking us to keep the noise down because someone complained. The only noise in our room was the television. He was lucky that my husband answered the door, he is a nice guy. We listen to a baby cry for two days and did not complain. This is a relatively new hotel but very poorly designed and furniture already worn. If you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or have children do not stay at this hotel, the walls are thin and you will have no privacy, know what I mean... Complementary breakfast ends at 9AM (ridiculous). The indoor pool is very, very small. We just checked into the Hilton Garden Inn (Mayfaire Town Center), and it is very nice. The Towne Place can not compete with the Hilton Garden.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello Tonya T,

Thank you for staying with us here in Wilmington and for providing us with your concerns. We strive to provide the best experience for all of our guests and rely on all feedback to assist us in doing this. It is clear that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay and for that I sincerely apologize. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we may discuss your stay further. Thank you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a fine hotel. Nice people. The staff was so friendly and catered to my every need. Sometimes you go to a hotel and its only ok, but these guys will treat you with a great respect and pleasure to have you there.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jzatts
Hello Jzatts,

I would like to thank you for staying with us here in Wilmington as well as the great review. We're very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Salisbury, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Clean place, easy access amenities, great breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, yogurt, pancakes, etc... Room, very clean and exactly what I expected for the price and name of the hotel

Tim at the front desk was very helpful among the workers up front, he made my check in and questions and needs during the stay much better than others there....And I believe the maintenance worker who was also very helpful and done what was needed when needed was Dale I believe he was basically the only guy I ever saw.. I mean when you see a worker pick up a piece of dirt in the hall way? That's the type people you need to make a establishment the best, so great job to you sir!

Only negative? Housekeeping....THANK you for awakening me on my checkout day when the computer plainly stated a LATE check out with a time of 1230. I had a stressful several days and needed the extra few hours of sleep to make the long drive home and they tried coming IN my room at 945AM 1sec after knocking, but the slide door lock caught the door thankfully. Very unprofessional

I would recommend this place to ALL my friends

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello Timothy B,

Thank you for staying here with us in Wilmington and for taking the time to provide some great feedback. I have shared your positive comments with our team members. I have also revisited our communication process with our housekeeping team to make sure what you experienced on your checkout date does not continue to happen here. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is nice and very clean. The staff is very helpful and professional. I really only have two negative comments for a potential visitor to consider.

First, the Internet is not all that great. I have stayed here several times in the past month, in different rooms and on different floors. Connecting to the Internet is easy, but staying connected is a problem. I estimate that I get bumped off of their wifi network about once every 20 minutes or so on average, if not more frequently. This happens on both my iPad and on my windows laptop...and it does get very frustrating when I am working in my room or trying to face time my family.
Secondly, the breakfast is good but it could use more variety.
Neither of these will keep me from staying here again, although I may try the Fairfield next door to test out their Internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello SKSTech,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. We are please to let you know that we are current in the process of replacing and upgrading our entire guest internet system. We hope to have this complete in the very near future and look forward to an opportunity to have you stay with us again soon.