“Service was outstanding!”

Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Joe was phenominal in all aspects of assisting us in our stay. As we were here to find an apartment for our son to start Grad school in a week and a half and we were in a crunch period, Joe helped us with local maps and gave us ideas for picking up guides for apartments and other local acitvities. We even went ahead and booked our room for next weekend!

Room Tip: ground floors have sliding doors to walk out of your room
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hello Christina S. Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Courtyard Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach. Joe is phenomenal – and he reminds us of that every day. Ha. Ha. We hope you guys were able to find an apartment for your son. It was our pleasure to earn your business. We look forward to being your home away from home while your son attends nearby UNCW. Go Seahawks!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I would recommend Joe and staff at this Courtyard to anyone looking for very friendly and professional staff. It was clean and quiet with a good location. Will stay here again when going to the beach.

Omar P.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you jwinsales for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate the kudos to our friendly, professional staff. We too like our location which is directly between beautiful Wrightsville Beach and our historic downtown. We’re looking forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Joe and John couldn't take care of us enough. We stay in a ton of Marriott properties and this ranks up there with service as the staff simply went out of its way to delight us. We will defintely stay here again!

Room Tip: It was nice for us and the kids to have a room on the courtyard so they could step out into the pool...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Travis K for the outstanding feedback from your guest experience while staying at our Courtyard Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach. We appreciate you recognizing the stellar efforts of John and Joe. It’s how we do business every day! Good room tip. We look forward to you guys staying with us again. Still plenty of great beach weather to be had. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am a Marriott platinum member and was overwhelmed by the courteous staff. Many thanks to Joel and Crystal. They truly seemed to appreciate your business. Checked the appropriate number of times to make sure your room and meals were of great quality.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Jerry B. you are so welcome. We thank you for choosing to stay with us. The entire staff appreciates your kind review and praise for delivering outstanding customer service. It’s what we do every day! Please come back and see us again. Safe travels!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Simple question; would I stay here again? Yep.
It was clean and friendly. It felt pretty new and the rooms were a decent size. It doesn't quite have the wow factor and I wouldn't give 5/5 to somewhere that doesn't do complimentary breakfast but you could do a lot worse for the price point. It's a short drive to both Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. I could go on a rant about how you have to drive everywhere in America but i won't.....!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Bridger79
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Bridger79 we enjoyed reading your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Courtyard Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach. While yes, one does have to drive, our central location is very advantageous for those who wish to visit both the beach and our historic downtown riverfront. Wilmington is not nearly as old as your hometown of Sevenoaks in Western Kent, but the history of Wilmington is very interesting. We’re sorry that the Marriott Courtyard brand does not offer a complimentary breakfast but we hope you were able to enjoy our healthy and fresh offerings and a Starbucks in our Bistro. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Next time travel brings you back across the Atlantic, we hope you choose to stay with us again. I also enjoyed reading your review from Charleston. Very funny. Safe travels to you!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I decided to get away for a couple days, by myself. I arrived at the Marriott at 12 noon and the woman checking me in was delightful and extremely helpful. I was able to check in early and headed out to explore. The room was clean and all staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The women at the bistro at night were friendly and I enjoyed spending time with them.

The location was great, I drove to the beach during the day and went out for dinner at night. The gentleman at the desk on my first night, actually called me a cab to take me to the riverfront.

I felt safe staying there and look forward to staying again when I return to the beach.
Job well done to all!!

Patricia M
Nashville, TN

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you masonnick for the lovely review. We’re so glad that you chose to stay with us. Our staff appreciates your very nice comments. We too love our central location directly between beautiful Wrightsville Beach and historic downtown Wilmington. We look forward to earning your repeat business, next time you return to our beautiful corner of the Carolina coast. Thank you!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I thought we were going to have a rough couple of days when we arrived, but that didn't happen thankfully. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. The rooms are a bit old, but not in disrepair and are actually very nice, as are the public areas. The staff, with one exception, is friendly and accommodating.

What got me at first is that I was met with a rude young man at the front desk when I tried to check in at 1:30PM. I travel A LOT, for business and pleasure, and I have never met with someone so unhelpful. He told me I could not check in, no way--no how, until 3:00PM. I've never been to a hotel that would not let you check-in if there are rooms available or at least check you in and give you a call when your room is ready. He wouldn't help at all. He didn't even offer to hold our luggage so that we could head to the beach or to lunch. He said that there were a lot of late check outs. My question is how do you allow late check outs in a full hotel when you have new guests coming and, come on, you cannot tell me that housekeeping has not overturned rooms by 1:30PM. If this is hotel policy, it is not hospitable at all. No matter, the rude desk agent needs more training.

Room Tip: Looking over the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David S
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Rocky is great when referring to Rocky Road ice cream or the Rocky movies; but not when trying to check-in to a hotel…Thank you David S. for the thorough review of your recent stay with us. Coming from a seasoned traveler such as yourself, means a great deal to us. We appreciate the kind words regarding our clean, comfortable and well-appointed hotel. The rooms were updated two years ago with a new one-of-kind Courtyard design package. As far as your arrival goes, the last thing we want to happen is for a road-weary guest to arrive and be told that no rooms are ready yet. When rooms are ready, we always allow guests to check-in. There is no such policy of not allowing guests to check-in early. Certainly we apologize to you for not feeling welcome upon your arrival. The front desk associate in question is regularly mentioned in Tripadvisor reviews for providing outstanding customer service. With Mid-July weekends being our peak of the tourist season, getting rooms ready for 3pm check-ins can be challenging. We are required to allow Marriott Rewards Platinum members a late check-out. Most do… I know we offered you the opportunity to store your luggage in our secure back office, which you respectfully declined. Again, we sincerely apologize for the rocky start but are so glad your stay was enjoyable. Safe travels!