“Wonderful service from Sandra”

Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Clemmons
“Wonderful service from Sandra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in town as a vendor for the Personnel Administrators Conference. Upon arrival I was greeted by Sandra at the front desk. Sandra quickly loaded me up with the packages I had sent ahead and gave me great info about the area including her personal tip regarding local restaurants. Upon realizing that I had left my stapler at home Sandra was quick to lend me the one from the desk (probably inconveniencing the night auditor...sorry). Sandra was sincere and displayed a genuine "can-do" attitude during my stay. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel as well. Thanks for a successful trip!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you JimClemmons2013 for choosing to stay with us while in town for your conference. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Delivering outstanding guest service is what we do best. Sandra is a great example of our can-do attitude - every day. Thanks so much for recognizing Sandra for her efforts; it's appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stay here frequently for business. Kudos to Sandra for great insider dining pointers. They should let her run the place! Watch out Bill Marriott! Look for her as a future VP. Also great room, very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed April 2013
Wow Chapen! Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our Courtyard Wilmington and understand that it is the people that make a difference for our regular business travelers. Sandra appreciates the stellar endorsement. I think she has already placed a call to Mr. Marriott... :)
Safe travels…see you soon.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property on 4.19.13 and was totally impressed. The check-in was absolutely perfect, Sandra did an excellent job, my room was spacious and clean. Last but not least it was a good nights sleep. Look forward to returning to this property.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Jerry K. Thank you for being totally impressed with our Courtyard property. That is great news. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Yes, Sandra does a great job of ensuring that every guest has a smooth check-in. She appreciates that you appreciated her efforts. :)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay here often for Business and service is excellent, entire staff goes out of there way to make my stay enjoyable. Sandra & Jay always go the extra mile. The entire staff is very friendly, always greet you by your name, and actually impressed that they can rember all the guests names. The Housekeeping dept. does an awesome job.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Courtyard are the best, must say I have never had a bad room while staying here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you JohnDID for the feedback from your recent stays with us. We certainly appreciate your loyalty when travel brings you to Wilmington. Sandra, Jay and the housekeeping staff appreciate your kind words. Good room tip... We look forward to seeing you soon.
Forest Park, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

it was not expected but it turned out to be enjoyable and very relaxing. we had a great time the concierge there was very helpful with places to visit,things to do, and some of the best restaurants to eat at. we sat in the lounge and played and communed with other guess and it was delightful.

Room Tip: bottom floor very convenient to and from and a good way to see things
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello travis t...Thanks so much for your very cool comments regarding your stay with us. What was unexpected for you is expected for us - every day :). We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose to stay with us again if travel brings you back to beautiful Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the time we entered the property to the time we left, everyone was so courteous and the property is in excellent condition. I had never stayed there before but it was close enough to the beach that I would give it a try. Upon checking in, the agent Sandra was extremely nice and helpful. Anything we needed, from information, directions, etc. she helped with a smile.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They have a small on-site food establishment to each breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc., but they are right in the midst of various locations for eating. You can exercise at the small gym on the property, which I really liked, or they offered the use of Gold's Gym nearby.

I really enjoyed my stay and Joe, the staff person upon checking out was just as nice as the person that helped us check in.

I would stay again and recommend it to others as well.

Room Tip: The current pictures on the website are true to the look and feel of the room. The pool view, which...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you Yvette T for the very kind words regarding your experience staying at our Courtyard. Your feedback means a great deal to us. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Thank you for recognizing the terrific guest service that Sandra and Joe provide at the front desk. They are great ambassadors for our hotel. Beach season is here…come back and stay with us anytime!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed there the first few days of the month and was very impressed. The town was great, and it was made better by the hotels location (5 mins from downtown, 5 from the beach, right beside the university). I tip my hat to Jay, the Front Desk and Bistro worker. He was wonderful with me and my kids, and seemed much more attentive and informed than the other employees we spoke to. He made our stay well worth it. The hotel is quiet and newly renovated, making a very pleasant stay. Keep up the good job, courtyard!

Room Tip: rooms in the courtyard area are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom W
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello Tom W. Thank you for the terrific feedback from your recent stay at our Courtyard Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach. Jay is indeed a Rock-Star when it comes to delivering outstanding customer service. Good tip regarding room choice. Beach season has arrived! We hope to see you back with us this summer.