“Helpful Staff, exceptionally clean.”

Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Connecticut
“Helpful Staff, exceptionally clean.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed for one night on a business trip and the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I had some issues with a taxi and the staff was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable - exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SchmoOnTheGo
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello SchmoOnTheGo! We love your username. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with while on business here in Wilmington. Sorry about the issue with the taxi but we're glad our staff was able to help you. It is our mission to deliver exactly what travelers like you are looking for; clean, comfortable rooms and a friendly staff. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Kenny and Sandra are very helpful, answered all of my questions, and have a great personality for hospitality. These two staff members were very knowledgeable about the great restaurants in the area. I stayed in a courtyard-side room which was quiet, roomy, comfortable, and cost effective. I've traveled to Wilmington on business many times and stayed at several hotels in the area; however, I try to get into this Courtyard whenever I can. This is a great Courtyard by Marriott and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Northside rooms have less street light...courtyard-side rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim E
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you Jim E for the kind words about our hotel and especially Kenny and Sandra. I agree they do a great job at the front desk. No need to look at other area hotels. This is your home away from home! Good Room Tip, as well...Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We certainly appreciate your business. Happy New Year!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Wilmington for 2 nights at the Courtyard Marriott and had a great experience. The man who assisted us with check in was very pleasant and our room was ready. I'm not sure how full the hotel was on the weekend we stayed, but we rarely saw anyone else and never heard anyone else either! Our room with a king bed was small, but comfy. We had a small couch, coffee table, flat screen tv, and fridge. The decor is beautiful and I loved the colors they used. Because we were on the ground floor, we had a sliding glass door that opened straight out onto the courtyard. The bed was comfortable and the maid service was was great. The hotel is right across the street from Walmart and less than 10 minutes from downtown/waterfront area. It's a great location if you're visiting UNCW as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hannahconrad
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello hannahconrad. We're so glad you enjoyed our new decor. The coastal-themed art in all the rooms is getting rave reviews from everyone. From what we have been told, our decor is one of a kind in the world of Courtyard by Marriott. It was our pleasure to earn your business. Please come back when the weather warms-up (soon...). The first floor courtyard facing rooms are fantastic for easy access to the pool and courtyard furnishings. Happy New Year!
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days in Wilmington to celebrate the New Year. We have stayed at the Courtyard here before and did not hesitate to select it again.

Our stay was very quiet and relaxing. The rooms are attractive, with a nice flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. I love that all the lamps have plug ins for your electronics. No searching for outlets behind the furniture.

The location of the hotel is ideal. It is a short drive to either the downtown historic district or Wrightsville Beach. There is a Wal-Mart Supercenter within walking distance, should you forget anything. Many very good restaurants within a 1 mile radius.

The only negative things I noticed was a little mildew in the shower and the front desk was not very helpful in helping us with a taxi for the evening. Neither of these were big deals and did not detract from our stay.

On future trips to Wilmington, this will certainly be the first place I check for rates and availability.

Room Tip: We enjoy a room looking toward the courtyard
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you AndeeDawn for staying with us again. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and your thoughtful review / feedback. You hit on all our talking-points! Convenient to downtown and Wrightsville Beach, many restaurants nearby and Walmart across the street, etc. Your other comments are very important to us and will be addressed right away. Happy New Year to you and your family! We hope to see you back with us soon.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love to stay at the courtyard Marriott anytime I stay in Wilmington!! Every experience has been better than the time before! Within the recent visits I have have learned to enjoy the bistro and the bar area more and more!! The young gentleman, I believe his name was Jay, brighten my stressful trip into town with not only a good drink but also good conversation!! His knowledge of the hotel, the town and politics turned my stressful day into an excellent, relaxing evening.
I want Jay as well as the Courtyard Marriott to be recognized for the wonderful hospitality and hotel services. Happy Holidays!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you Kristin M for telling everyone about your wonderful experiences at our Courtyard Wilmington property. Your feedback means a great deal to all of us. We appreciate you recognizing Jay for his outstanding customer service. He embodies the spirit of our entire staff. Safe travels and Happy New Year!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2012

A quick note of thanks and kudos to your ILM Courtyard Marriott front-desk warriors Kenny and Jay.

Jay is your purveyor of privacy-
Upon check-in, I said to Jay,"I wonder how many points I have." I didn't ask him to check it, but without skipping a beat he said, "That's no problem I can find that for you right here." 15 seconds later, he pulled up my points, turned his computer screen around, and showed me my points. He was careful not to verbalize my total points out loud, protecting my privacy. He politely pointed to them on the screen so I could see the total for myself. I appreciated that touch of professionalism.

Kenny is your sultan of service.
I asked where I could find a bottle of water. Most front desk personnel would have quickly pointed to the market area and said, "We have water over there in the market refrigerator." Not Kenny. He was urgent to serve me and said, "I can get that for you. How many would you like?" He didn't show me convenience. Kenny gave me service. I travel a lot and I appreciate that.

I will continue to suggest your hotel to my corporate contemporaries at Toyota and suggest that they stay at your hotel when in the ILM area. As a District Manager, I understand that world class service does not just happen by accident. It happens when good leaders hire good people and make sure everyone understands what the real mission is.

Looking forward to my next stay.

Respectfully,

Chris Alford
District Manager, Jim Moran and Associates
Insurance and Consulting
Southeast Toyota

Room Tip: This hotel has figured out what it really means to really make road warriors feel special.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello chris a. Thank you for the outstanding detailed review of our Courtyard Wilmington property. Jay and Kenny have got the details covered at the front desk! We appreciate you recognizing their efforts. When it comes to delivering superior customer service, it's all about the details and genuine care for our customers. We're glad you appreciate their customer-focused service. We look forward to having you back with us very soon. All the best to you and your family during the holidays!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel to Wilmington regularly and recently stayed at the Courtyard for the first time. I was impressed with how friendly and outgoing the staff was. Kenny greeted me and helped me sign up for Marriott Rewards and Bridgette invited me over to the in-lobby Bistro for snacks and drinks. The rooms are clean and large. I've been back six or seven times and every time I return, Kenny always welcomes me back by name, even if it's been two months since my last visit. On my most recent visit, my preferred room was unavailable, so Kenny and the manager, John, arranged for me to get an upgraded room at no additional charge.

One of my favorite things about this hotel is the bistro in the lobby. They serve great breakfast and Starbucks coffee and alcoholic beverages in the evening. The tables even have TVs so I can catch the news.

Lots of hotels have decent accomodations, but the personal service is what puts this hotel over the top and keeps me coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you S G for the wonderful feedback from your stay(s) with us. You said it all when you wrote: "personal service is what puts this hotel over the top and keeps me coming back". We agree! Yes, we have terrific guest amenities, especially since our renovation, but it is the consumer service that matters most. We look forward to earning your business in 2013. Thank you!