“I don't stay anywhere else in Wilmington”

Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel to Wilmington regularly and recently stayed at the Courtyard for the first time. I was impressed with how friendly and outgoing the staff was. Kenny greeted me and helped me sign up for Marriott Rewards and Bridgette invited me over to the in-lobby Bistro for snacks and drinks. The rooms are clean and large. I've been back six or seven times and every time I return, Kenny always welcomes me back by name, even if it's been two months since my last visit. On my most recent visit, my preferred room was unavailable, so Kenny and the manager, John, arranged for me to get an upgraded room at no additional charge.

One of my favorite things about this hotel is the bistro in the lobby. They serve great breakfast and Starbucks coffee and alcoholic beverages in the evening. The tables even have TVs so I can catch the news.

Lots of hotels have decent accomodations, but the personal service is what puts this hotel over the top and keeps me coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you S G for the wonderful feedback from your stay(s) with us. You said it all when you wrote: "personal service is what puts this hotel over the top and keeps me coming back". We agree! Yes, we have terrific guest amenities, especially since our renovation, but it is the consumer service that matters most. We look forward to earning your business in 2013. Thank you!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here for business. Hotel personnel were absolutely fabulous. So accommodating and friendly. The sitting area by the fireplace was great for after business wrap up discussions. Rooms clean and the hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants if you decide to eat out. Breakfast and dinner are served and the food is good. The atmosphere was quiet. A special shout out to Joe and Barbara who work there. They were awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Hello tyleretakoda! Great review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business and you giving props to Joe and Barbara. They certainly represent the high level of customer service you find throughout the hotel. We hopre to see you back with us soon. All the best from Courtyard Wilmington!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed here many times. It is a great hotel. The rooms are nice and comfortable. There was a recent remodel, so there really aren't any complaints here. The pool is nice and relaxing. I've never eaten the food, but it smells good.

The fitness center is much too small though. There are 2 treadmills and an elliptical.... in a teeny tiny room. So I hope you are there alone, otherwise you will have a very close work out partner. Its really uncomfortable (and can be gross if they smell!!) But the equipment is good, and they face an open window.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you njkrisko for the terrific feedback from your recent stay with us. Love the title of your review! We certainly appreciate your continued loyalty. As it relates to your comment about our cozy fitness room; we do have an alternative if you don't mind leaving the hotel for your workout. All hotel guests can take advantage of complimentary day passes to the nearby state-of-the-art Gold's Gym. The gym is located less than a mile from the hotel. Next time, please try the food from The Bistro. Breakfast or dinner, the food is fantastic! Happy Holiday's!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here on business for the second time. They have the new updated lobby and a very friendly staff. The hotel is also close to many places to eat which is very convenient, and right near a 24hr Walmart which is great if you forget anything. The rooms are typical Courtyard which are just OK.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello Jeff C. Welcome back! Thank you for the nice review of your return visit with us. Our friendly staff certainly appreciates your kudos. Safe travels and Happy Holiday's!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't have any problems with the hotel property. They have put a hold on my bank account balance for any possible incidentals!!! They are trying to tell that MY bank did it!!!! They said it would be cleared off in 3 to 5 days!! Well..I have never had this happen before. I told the receptionist that I would never stay there again and he said.."ok then". Just didn't care!! I cannot believe that can put a hold on your bank account!!!! I will NEVER stay there again!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Hello beaver2160. Thank you for choosing to stay at our Courtyard Wilmington property when traveling to Wilmington. We're glad your stay at our hotel went well. We certainly appreciate your business. We do care about our guests’ well-being and we're very sorry that you have encountered an issue related to your bank account. We do not have any control over your bank account. When you use a debit card for a hotel stay or car rental, your bank will authorize funds or "hold" funds to cover the cost. In no way shape or form do we have any control over any guests' bank account. In cases like this, honestly there is nothing we can do at the property level. Again, we're very sorry but this inconvenience is the result of your bank authorizing funds, not our actions.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Convenient and safe area. Walk to a couple of restaurants. Rooms are modern and beds are good. Breakfast items are kind of pricey, but that's the new Courtyard way. Limited starbucks menu. I like the free internet access. Staff has always seemed friendly at this hotel.

Room Tip: West side rooms away from road are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you G0Pirates for the nice review of your recent experience at our Courtyard Wilmington property. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and look forward to having you stay with us next time travel brings you back to beautiful Wilmington / Wrightsville Beach.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business - one night stay. I took a cab from the airport to the hotel. The hotel was very nice, quiet, clean and comfortable. I ate dinner in the lobby. It was nice to have the snack bar/coffee shop. I had the wings, a drink & dessert for dinner. The food was good. The service from the front desk to the kitchen was great. I had a speedy check out in the morning. The little booth with the TV were great since I was eating alone. I got more channels in the lobby than in the room. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ILMCY1, Director of Sales at Courtyard Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello xsrebel...Thank you for the very nice feedback / review from your recent stay with us. Ah yes; The Bistro Pods are very popular. Everyone really enjoys having your very own TV in your booth. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also recognizing our excellent customer service at the front desk and The Bistro. Next time travel brings you back to Wilmington, we hope to earn your business again!