“Nasty Horrible Service...got some of our money back”

Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The beds were lumpy...there is no one available to talk to at the front desk after 11, the toilet overflowed the first time we flushed it. The hallways smell like dirty pets. DO NOT stay here if you have sensitivity to pets or to cigarette smoke. Our friends were given a non smoking room and their vent had cigarette smoke coming into it from a smoking room above it. They would not move them to another room. NASTY! NASTY! BEWARE of booking a 2 STAR hotel in Wilmington on PRICELINE this is how I ended up in this dump and almost ruined my wife's birthday!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank squeege777

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Management was nice but the room was dirty and when I checked in it was late and I didn't want to be a bother. What put the icing on the cake was when my husband got his underwear wet when he flushed the toilet. When he went to put them up thats when he found out the toilet was leaking.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beautifal
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I have stayed here twice, in 2006 & 2008. Golfing trip with the guys. Rooms are all renovated, clean, equiped with fridge, microwave etc. Walking distance to a number of restaurants. Staff are friendly. Towel & sheet service is once weekly if staying 7 days or more, but they are happy to give you fresh linens at the desk at any time. Beware of long distance phone charges, very $$$$.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank golferToronto_Ont
Reviewed November 5, 2006

My husband and I journeyed to Wilmington, NC this past weekend for a romantic getaway. I did a lot of research online trying to find a place to stay that was economical, but still nice. I am very picky about hotel rooms, especially where cleanliness is concerned.

I was very impressed with the Extended Stay America. The rooms have recently been renovated and even still smelled new. Everything was very neat, clean, and attractive. I was delighted with the value of the room. Of all the rooms in the Wilmington area, especially Market Street, Extended Stay was one of the cheaper ones, but I am very glad we chose it. We could have spent $50+ and had a less comfortable room.

I think Extended Stay would be a wonderful option for UNC-W parents visiting their kids.

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room with the added benefit of having a full size fridge, a stove, microwave, and coffeemaker, look no further.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AndeeDawn
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed here a couple of months ago for 3 nights. At the time we stayed the exterior of the motel was being renovated. Hopefully the renovation project will proceed to the interior when the exterior is completed. Our room and furniture were shabby, and the hallway carpets are way overdue for cleaning. I was disappointed in the furnishings for our room. I expected that a motel that is named "Extended Stay" would have more in the way of dishes, silverware, pots & pans, etc. The room has two of everything (plates, glasses, etc.) and not much in the way of pots & pans. I would consider the accommodations suitable for long-term stay only if you plan on eating out a lot. This is not a place I plan on returning to. There are several other hotels in the general area for about the same price. I would recommend considering them first.

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank fgaaron
Travelers also viewed these Wilmington hotels
Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington
#31 of 45 in Wilmington
Jameson Inn Wilmington
Jameson Inn Wilmington
#26 of 45 in Wilmington

Been to Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive? Share your experiences!