“Great! Fresh and clean!”

Quality Inn Wilmington
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great! Fresh and clean!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We were able to check in a little earlier than normal check in time. The staff was great and the room was very reasonable (King) especially with July 4th holiday. My husband and I were very pleased with price and location. Our room was very clean and well supplied! Breakfast Cafe is wonderful as well as cookie snacks provided to guest. Awesome wifi- I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the breakfast was delicious and the pool was fun. The room and nights sleep was another matter....... To me, the beds were not comfortable (full size) and hard, the room could have been a little cleaner in keeping with the Quality standards. The price we paid was not worth it. To top it all off, the people upstairs partyed ALL night, inside and outside, did not call to complain because the bed was already keeping me up! We had a two night reservation and checked out after the first night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We spontaneously booked our room the morning of our check-in day, we were looking for something cheap but comfortable. When we arrived that evening the room was much better than we had expected for such a cheap rate. The beds were very comfortable and clean. Not only did we get the typical hair dryer and iron but also a perfect-sized fridge and microwave. The room was very clean, nothing out of place and no strange smells. The bathroom was INCREDIBLY clean and the water pressure was fantastic! The only somewhat negative thing I can think of was that the pillows on the bed were square and kind of small, but even that was no real issue because they were still very comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great: juices, tea, coffee, milk, yogurts, WAFFLE MAKER :) , hard boiled eggs, cereals, toast, bagels, pastries, donuts, sausage biscuits, fruit, and more. We decided to stay a little farther from the beach on this trip, to save money on room cost. But the beach was just a few minutes drive from the property and there were many other conveniences close by. There were many restaurants and general shopping areas (Target, Walmart) within a few blocks. Overall we were thrilled with the experience we had at the Quality Inn at Wilmington. Our hotel stay was comfortable and hassle-free and that meant we only had to focus on having a great time on our vacation!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Cary, NC
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We really liked this motel and would happily stay at it again! The staff was super nice. The breakfast included a waffle maker, cereal, bagels, pastries, yogurt, milk, hot tea, coffee, juices. Very satisfying. Our room was clean. The bed was extremely comfortable! We had two doubles in our room. Our boys enjoyed the pool. Market Street is full of places to stay and eat so location was quite doable. We enjoyed the Old Chicago restaurant across the street (though safer to drive then to try and cross on this street).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
northCarolina USA
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We made our reservations based upon our past good experience with the Quality hotel chain. We arrived at 9:00pm to find that the lights in the room didin't work, altogether there were 3 bulbs burnt out. We asked for extra pillows- there wern't any. within the next hour we spotted 3 beetles, there was mold in the toilet. The airconditioner was deafening, and the beds were hard and uncomfortable. We were up early the next day, and checked out as soon as possible. We didn't hang around to find out what breakfast was like. Save yourself the trouble, check in to the Hampton University, its well worth the extra $30.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank long99
phily
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Their lobby is very clean. All the staff of Quality inn i encountered were all very friendly & helpful. Room was nice, good lighting, a/c worked well also. I dislike those old a/c units, they have fairly newer model. Careful of whom you are neighbor'd up with, we stayed next to room full of age 18 and under. And right next to the pool....that wasn't too cool but we weren't at the hotel much. Oh and wi-fi is in all the rooms, not just the lobby!
We were very close to a mini-mall like with restaurants and of course, Walmart & Target. Only downside is doing a u-turn to get there coming from Bypass 17.
The beach is about a good 15min ride, downtown wilmington is about 10-15mins and a good little tour on the pier to take. We ate at Elijah's restaurant, outside seating with ceiling fans for air and really good food.
If i had to stay at the same hotel, I would.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Due to the recession, my 13 year old nephew and I had to drastically scale down the 2009 version of our annual Uncle/Nephew vacation (no exotic ports of call or carribean crystal clear water this year). So we opted for a few days at Wrightsville Beach, Wilmington. We had actually been there before about 9 years ago. A simple Expedia/Priceline/Orbitz search by price yielded several selections so I decided to go with the tried and true Quality Inn and once again I was not at all disappointed. We arrived at 1pm on Sunday 7/26 two hours before the actual 3pm check in time and were welcomed by Rick at the front desk. He said that they had been full the night before (which is to be expected in the height of the summer season) however, if I didnt mind a non smoking room that he did have one available which was fine by me because somehow my reservation had been keyed as a smoking room although I never indicated that. (Note; room impecably clean, a/c was better than the north pole, refrigerator and microwave, great housekeeping) This 'early' check in really paid off; after getting a roll of quarters from Rick for the metered parking ,we quickly donned bathing suits and made the trek to WB. Being it was later in the afternoon we were able to find a parking space on Lumina being vacated by some earlier beachgoers. After a couple hours in the sun and surf and returning to the motel thoughts turned to dinner. Having made crabcakes for a dinner party the night before we were definitely in the mood for MEAT! I asked Rick for his recommendation and he suggested Texas Roadhouse. Although its a chain, it was our first experience dining there and well...it was insanely good! The next evening we were full of sun and more surf and decided to go the seafood route. Now, as I mentioned earlier, I had been to WB before and had been to Oceanic. But I wanted to do something different seafood wise and another clerk at the desk, whose name escapes me recommended Bonefish Grill and well....it TOO was insanely good! (If you ever go get the Longfin Imperial; tilapia stuffed with crab, shrimp and scallops with a lemon caper butter sauce....definitely death row last meal caliber!!) The free continental breakftast was well stocked and well attended; the pool nice and clean and well maintained. This property also has a nice tranquil rock garden with an Asian themed water feature that was really nice just to sit and hang out. When I went to check out, I asked to speak to the manager and loudly professed, "I have a complaint". The manager in her most diplomatic tone asked me "what was the nature of my complaint"? To which I responded, "I have to leave and I don't want to"!! This was a very pleasant lodging experience overall and having been in the hospitality industry for 25 years, I speak from experience!

• Stayed July 2009