“Good Choice”

Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
phily
“Good Choice”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Their lobby is very clean. All the staff of Quality inn i encountered were all very friendly & helpful. Room was nice, good lighting, a/c worked well also. I dislike those old a/c units, they have fairly newer model. Careful of whom you are neighbor'd up with, we stayed next to room full of age 18 and under. And right next to the pool....that wasn't too cool but we weren't at the hotel much. Oh and wi-fi is in all the rooms, not just the lobby!
We were very close to a mini-mall like with restaurants and of course, Walmart & Target. Only downside is doing a u-turn to get there coming from Bypass 17.
The beach is about a good 15min ride, downtown wilmington is about 10-15mins and a good little tour on the pier to take. We ate at Elijah's restaurant, outside seating with ceiling fans for air and really good food.
If i had to stay at the same hotel, I would.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Due to the recession, my 13 year old nephew and I had to drastically scale down the 2009 version of our annual Uncle/Nephew vacation (no exotic ports of call or carribean crystal clear water this year). So we opted for a few days at Wrightsville Beach, Wilmington. We had actually been there before about 9 years ago. A simple Expedia/Priceline/Orbitz search by price yielded several selections so I decided to go with the tried and true Quality Inn and once again I was not at all disappointed. We arrived at 1pm on Sunday 7/26 two hours before the actual 3pm check in time and were welcomed by Rick at the front desk. He said that they had been full the night before (which is to be expected in the height of the summer season) however, if I didnt mind a non smoking room that he did have one available which was fine by me because somehow my reservation had been keyed as a smoking room although I never indicated that. (Note; room impecably clean, a/c was better than the north pole, refrigerator and microwave, great housekeeping) This 'early' check in really paid off; after getting a roll of quarters from Rick for the metered parking ,we quickly donned bathing suits and made the trek to WB. Being it was later in the afternoon we were able to find a parking space on Lumina being vacated by some earlier beachgoers. After a couple hours in the sun and surf and returning to the motel thoughts turned to dinner. Having made crabcakes for a dinner party the night before we were definitely in the mood for MEAT! I asked Rick for his recommendation and he suggested Texas Roadhouse. Although its a chain, it was our first experience dining there and well...it was insanely good! The next evening we were full of sun and more surf and decided to go the seafood route. Now, as I mentioned earlier, I had been to WB before and had been to Oceanic. But I wanted to do something different seafood wise and another clerk at the desk, whose name escapes me recommended Bonefish Grill and well....it TOO was insanely good! (If you ever go get the Longfin Imperial; tilapia stuffed with crab, shrimp and scallops with a lemon caper butter sauce....definitely death row last meal caliber!!) The free continental breakftast was well stocked and well attended; the pool nice and clean and well maintained. This property also has a nice tranquil rock garden with an Asian themed water feature that was really nice just to sit and hang out. When I went to check out, I asked to speak to the manager and loudly professed, "I have a complaint". The manager in her most diplomatic tone asked me "what was the nature of my complaint"? To which I responded, "I have to leave and I don't want to"!! This was a very pleasant lodging experience overall and having been in the hospitality industry for 25 years, I speak from experience!

• Stayed July 2009
jennsulli2000
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This place was wonderful. We arrived and the front desk was very polite and when we got to our room it was very clean. I know alot of hotels smell like smoking rooms even if they arn't, Nope this place smelled very clean and i would know since im pregnant. We brought our 2 boys under the age of 5 and they loved it also! The maint. staff were the most polite people you could ever meet! The pool stays open till 11pm! Its about 8 min away from Wrightsville beach and tons of restaraunts. It had a fridge that was clean and internet with no hassle! All in all I'd stay there everytime I visit! Oh and the contenintal breakfast was YUMMY and they have a person who moniters when the food runs low or drinks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I stay at the Quality Inn and found it to be just okay. The staff was not friendly and seemed bothered when they had to do their job. When we were checking out the cleaning crew had the hallways blocked up so that you couldn't get your luggage down the halls- they also cut in front of us at the elevator so we had to wait for it to come back before we could leave. The A/C in the room either did not work or never got cold because it was so hot in there it was difficult to sleep. The pillows on the bed were throw pillows, I have never seen this before in a hotel but I was glad we brought our own pillows. I really felt I paid too much for the service I received. The location was convenient to downtown Wilmington but I don't think I would stay here again if given the choice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reilley114
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I stayed here with my husband for one night. We turned up, checked in, went out to the cinema, came back, slept and checked out....so I don't have that much to say about it.

It was a nice place, clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly when we checked in. The self-serve breakfast was pretty good too.

We didn't go out into Wilmington so I am not sure if it was in a good location or not. But it was good value for money.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 28, 2009

The Quality Inn is a good basic hotel that is located between Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach on a busy road with lots or restaurants and strip malls. The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet, with microwave and fridge. The breakfast was adequate with cooked to order malt waffles being the highlight. The coffee was weak so you may want to go to a nearby coffee shop if that is important. Service was attentive, the front desk held a room for me without a guarantee and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Greenville SC
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I selected this hotel because of the previous review by a travel agent - and her comment about being picky. I am also a travel agent, but don't like to pay $100.00 or more a night to sleep. While the Quality Inn does not the features of a Marriott or Hyatt, it was an example of what cost effective, clean accommodations should be. Carpets were clean, bedding was attractive (not a fan of the pillows) , temperature control was very good, bathroom showed no sign of age. Internet worked well (I'm writing this from the room as I look around to find something to complain about). The hotel location is great if you want outside of the historic district - Market Street flows in the historic area and after getting turned around a couple of times, feel like all roads intersect at Market Street. Breakfast was great - and after staying in a terrible Quality Inn at Savannah - my faith was restored. No business Center. Refrig/microwave/coffee maker. No playground but a reasonably sized pool.
For the money, it met our needs.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family