“Great breakfast-interesting area” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
“Great breakfast-interesting area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really loved the breakfast-everything from hot waffles, yogurt, cereal, cake, fruit, and muffins. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was plenty room for one night. I wouldn't stay a weekend here, as it isn't the nicest place-but the customer service was very accomadating

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ana H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Went down for Memorial Day weekend and wanted something inexpensive. This place was fairly reasonably priced, but not really a place I would normally stay (bought blind on Hotwire). The room we had was recently renovated and wasn't terrible. There was a Corona beer bottle laying on its side behind the nightstand (with beer still in it). The parking lot get's kind of weird at night with different groups just hanging out. Didn't feel liike the safest place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Double_D00

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

Winder, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012 for three nights in two seperate rooms (returned for a third night). It is a good hotel for the price with exterior corridors and ample parking. I noticed a lot of construction folks and construction vehicles. Has an outside barbeque area which is good.
The rooms were a little crowded with the chair fitted in between the bed and window, but it is a nice chair, just big.
The staff was extreamly nice and helpful and I interacted with at least 5 different employees.

Room Tip: Of the two rooms which I occupied, the first floor was best and both were on the back side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john j
Beattyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here one night while traveling. Can't really say anything bad about this motel, which has exterior corridors. This allowed me to park right outside my door, which make it handy to bring belongings and valuables in from the vehicle.

The room was on the small side but very clean. A microwave and refrigerator were very handy. Wi-fi worked great. Acceptable water pressure in the shower. Bed was comfortable. Plenty of available TV channels.

Breakfast was OK, but not what is typically served at Quality Inns. They had the usual continental fare, but the meat items consisted of frozen sausage biscuits and chicken biscuits to heat up in the microwave.

Friendly service from the desk clerks at check-in and check-out, and from the breakfast attendant. A great value using my KY Farm Bureau member's discount when I reserved online while i was a few miles outside of town, and i got a first-floor room that i requested. Located on Market Street (US 17 Business) and plenty of shopping and dining are nearby.

Would I stay here again if I was ever back in Wilimington? Definitely!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank millenniumhwy
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this Quality Inn because I needed a place that took pets. Our room was musty, dirty and the dust behind the mini refrigerator and TV was disgusting. They gave you wrist bands to use the pool and breakfast. The paint was peeling off the ceiling and the carpet was truly nasty. I will never stay at a Quality Inn again....somehow this was rated as a 3 star and it barely makes 1 star. I am writing to the corporate office to report this place. I would highly recommend not staying at this facility.

Room Tip: Do not stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Colleen H
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night. It was ok. We just needed somewhere to lay our head for a cheap price. If you are looking for luxory, no this is not the place. If you are just looking for somewhere to sleep before/after going to the beach this is the place. I will have to say that the staff was extremely friendly. That was the best part.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ebony S
Apex, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The most upsetting thing about my stay here were there were two electrical plate covers missing behind the bed. My first night there I decided I was going to work on my laptop while sitting on the bed and discovered both outlets were hanging out of the wall. To make matters worse, the sheets would not stay on the bed so the whole week-end I slept on half of a uncovered mattress. Pillows were like little balled up cotton balls. When we reported our disatisfaction at the time of checkout we were basically told we should have reported the problems during the stay and it was too late to have anything done about it.

Apparently Quality Inn has to be given the option of sending a maintenance crew to your room at 9:30 AT NIGHT to put outlet covers on! I don't feel I should have to be inconvenienced while I'm trying to rest ON VACATION in order for maintenance to do something that should have BEEN DONE BEFORE I EVEN GOT THERE. My mistake is I should have callled the fire marshall because complaining to the GM, Dipesh Surati was no better. Mr. Surati basically told us unless it is dirty linen you can't receive any type of compensation or reimbursement. So being in a room with exposed electrical wires, a serious FIRE HAZARD, is not half as important as dirty linen. Once you checkout and have been paid it's a done deal, they don't care if you were happy with your stay or not. I guess only slight electrocution with a doctor bill would have gotten their attention after the fact.

My advice to anyone staying here or any other Choice Hotels is check your room throughly before you even unpack and let someone know immediately if something looks odd. Otherwise, you will be out of your money with no recourse.

Room Tip: Not sure what to advise. There were a couple of junk trucks that looked like they hadn't been mo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends