“A good night's stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Beattyville, Kentucky
“A good night's stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here one night while traveling. Can't really say anything bad about this motel, which has exterior corridors. This allowed me to park right outside my door, which make it handy to bring belongings and valuables in from the vehicle.

The room was on the small side but very clean. A microwave and refrigerator were very handy. Wi-fi worked great. Acceptable water pressure in the shower. Bed was comfortable. Plenty of available TV channels.

Breakfast was OK, but not what is typically served at Quality Inns. They had the usual continental fare, but the meat items consisted of frozen sausage biscuits and chicken biscuits to heat up in the microwave.

Friendly service from the desk clerks at check-in and check-out, and from the breakfast attendant. A great value using my KY Farm Bureau member's discount when I reserved online while i was a few miles outside of town, and i got a first-floor room that i requested. Located on Market Street (US 17 Business) and plenty of shopping and dining are nearby.

Would I stay here again if I was ever back in Wilimington? Definitely!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank millenniumhwy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this Quality Inn because I needed a place that took pets. Our room was musty, dirty and the dust behind the mini refrigerator and TV was disgusting. They gave you wrist bands to use the pool and breakfast. The paint was peeling off the ceiling and the carpet was truly nasty. I will never stay at a Quality Inn again....somehow this was rated as a 3 star and it barely makes 1 star. I am writing to the corporate office to report this place. I would highly recommend not staying at this facility.

Room Tip: Do not stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Colleen H

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night. It was ok. We just needed somewhere to lay our head for a cheap price. If you are looking for luxory, no this is not the place. If you are just looking for somewhere to sleep before/after going to the beach this is the place. I will have to say that the staff was extremely friendly. That was the best part.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ebony S
Apex, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The most upsetting thing about my stay here were there were two electrical plate covers missing behind the bed. My first night there I decided I was going to work on my laptop while sitting on the bed and discovered both outlets were hanging out of the wall. To make matters worse, the sheets would not stay on the bed so the whole week-end I slept on half of a uncovered mattress. Pillows were like little balled up cotton balls. When we reported our disatisfaction at the time of checkout we were basically told we should have reported the problems during the stay and it was too late to have anything done about it.

Apparently Quality Inn has to be given the option of sending a maintenance crew to your room at 9:30 AT NIGHT to put outlet covers on! I don't feel I should have to be inconvenienced while I'm trying to rest ON VACATION in order for maintenance to do something that should have BEEN DONE BEFORE I EVEN GOT THERE. My mistake is I should have callled the fire marshall because complaining to the GM, Dipesh Surati was no better. Mr. Surati basically told us unless it is dirty linen you can't receive any type of compensation or reimbursement. So being in a room with exposed electrical wires, a serious FIRE HAZARD, is not half as important as dirty linen. Once you checkout and have been paid it's a done deal, they don't care if you were happy with your stay or not. I guess only slight electrocution with a doctor bill would have gotten their attention after the fact.

My advice to anyone staying here or any other Choice Hotels is check your room throughly before you even unpack and let someone know immediately if something looks odd. Otherwise, you will be out of your money with no recourse.

Room Tip: Not sure what to advise. There were a couple of junk trucks that looked like they hadn't been mo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank zanylady86
Newton, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Would not reccommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is not well kept. The maintence was ignored for the rooms. The room had burnt out lights, tv was broken, and the room seemed dirty. I got to listen to workers talk about selling crack outside my window and then was kept up all night by screaming guests. The hotel claimed to have security however i never saw any. Pay more stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Pay the extra get your sleep and stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank southerngirl2004
Longs, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Extremely polite/helpful staff, grounds well taken care of. Problem with the AC; taken care of immediately. Azalea Festival was happening and many other things going on. Breakfast was hot and tasty; breakfast room was crowded, but that was to be expected. Front Desk very courteous. We go to Wilmington about every three months and this is our place to stay. Pool is open now!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JULSAM
Outer Banks, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night while traveling on business. The property has been recently updated with a good external appearance and nice landscaping.

My room was as expected. The carpet appeared clean and fairly new. The bed was comfortable and clean. The room furniture had some wear on it and looked like it had seen some rough treatment but it was functional and nice enough.

The hotel has a nice continental breakfast (standard items) and a well decorated lobby that was also clean. Front desk staff called me by name and were friendly. I was very pleased with my stay.

A local colleague warned me about this part of town and told me of some crime that had recently occurred at another hotel nearby. I did not experience any problems and would stay here again based on the competitive price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business