Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here for the Azalea Festival. Great bed, clean hotel for the price. Just tough to get a cab but I think that was the case for anywhere in Wilmington that weekend. The hotel was very quiet. The staff was helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Deborah J,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope you enjoyed the festival! I'm happy to read you had a comfortable, clean stay and found our staff helpful. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've been at this hotel for the past year, on several different occasions, never had any problem; the rooms were clean; the breakfast was hot; the bacon was yummy. There is a swimming pool on the back, outside. There is a workout room inside which I used a couple times; It is conveniently (for me) located very close to UNCW and several restaurant chain. Drive a little on Market street towards downtown and you will find other restaurants. Internet is ok; not the fastest but it's enough. I will definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank allextras
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear allextras,

Thanks for staying with us on several occasions and taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you've always had a great stay and enjoy the variety of amenities we offer! We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and await your next stay. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We have had a great experience the last four times we have stayed at the Best Western University Inn. We keep coming back to stay because of it's great location and great price. You can easily get to downtown, Wrightsville Beach, and to College Road areas. The free breakfast doesn't hurt either. The rooms are clean and the staff have always been helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twosip
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear twosip,

We are grateful for your loyalty to our Best Western Plus and thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm delighted you always have a great stay all-around and find our location excellent. Thanks again for your review and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were traveling with another couple and booked 2 separate rooms for 3 days. The room was clean as was the hotel. Staff was always friendly and one of the nicer breakfasts I have seen in hotels (free breakfasts) as each day we were there something different was offered verse other places that have the same thing day in/day out. The attendant was always on top of it (cleaning and stocking) the coffee was always fresh with creamer flavors to choose from as I am a big coffee drinker 24/7 LOL.

Room was nice and comfortable slept well, bathroom was roomy and standard of what I expect with toiletries, which were restocked daily if needed (some places I have stayed never restocked daily especially if you got a discount hotel rate in booking).

The only issue we had was on our last night we went to our rooms and our keys would not work (however our belongings were still in our rooms and we had prepaid for three nights). We simply went to the front desk and they immediately fixed our keys to access our rooms ........ check in staff error had punched 2 nights instead of 3.

I Hop is directly next door we had walked there for dinner the night we arrived as we were tried of driving but needed to eat. Over all I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri2south

Dear Terri2south,

Thank you for writing a comprehensive review of your recent stay - we hope you and your friends had a fun visit. I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable, clean stay and found our staff so friendly and helpful. I do apologize for the inconvenience with your room key, but am happy our staff was able to clear it up quickly. Thanks again for your comments and we'll see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I got this hotel off a travel website where the name is not revealed until purchase, of which I have had some great hotels. This hotel was rated a three star of which I think was a bit high for rating. 2.5 stars as listed on TripAdvisor would be more accurate. The hotel was easy to find, and due to arriving late due to flight there was no wait to check in. Upon arrival to hotel, the garbage cans were a bit full and ash tray was overflowing with cigarette butts which I think makes the place feel dirty before even entering. I used the business center and that too, seemed just a little messy, like the staff just had not had time to clean up the lobby. I understand that guest are very messy and many guest refuse to put things back in a neat and orderly fashion. I was assigned to room 101, which is next to the outside entrance where another garbage can was full of cigarettes, so every time I arrived or left the room, I got a view of it. The room itself was clean and smelled fresh. Bed linens seemed to be of nicer quality, and the shower had great water pressure. I feel the highlight of this hotel of which they should be very proud is the staff. The night auditor was very friendly, as was the breakfast associate. She offered to make me a plate up since I was on crutches, which added a nice touch.

As noted in another review, you must have parking validation in your window. I understand having it, but when you are disabled or some travelers are so tired, the last thing one wants to do is go back to vehicle and place the paper in your window.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelWII
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear TravelWII,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you found your guest room clean and comfortable and we really appreciate your kind words for our staff. We do apologize that the cleanliness of some of our common areas fell short of your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback to help improve our service in the future - please reach out to me at the number below if you'd like to discuss your visit further. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Wilmington!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our stay at the Best Western PLUS University Inn was a very nice experience. The place was very clean, the staff friendly, and they had a nice selection for breakfast. Bed was comfortable. We will stay here again as it is in a convenient location and very affordable. Our 2 night stay cost what one night in some other hotels would cost. I felt like the people working there take pride in their work and do their best to make their guests feel comfortable and wanting to come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise P

Dear Denise P,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay - I'm pleased you had a great experience. Providing great service is one of our biggest priorities so it's great to hear you found our staff excellent, as well as that you enjoyed our variety of amenities and complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback and we can't wait for your next stay!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very nicely decorated room and comfortable bed. Staff on check in and check out were very cordial and pleasant. Breakfast buffet was good, and the attendant kept it refilled and clean the whole time we were there and it was quite busy. Overall a good place to stay and convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BARBARA H
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Barbara H,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Best Western Plus and are pleased you had a clean, comfortable stay and enjoyed the look of your room. It's also great to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and your kind words for our staff! Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington.