Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised ;-) For the price this one was a keeper. Very clean, friendly staff and close to everything. Walked to Olive Garden for dinner ;-) I was worried about noise, it being a University location, but I don't think I saw a student and I certainly didn't hear any! Will stay again on future trips down there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Michelle C,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are really happy to hear we exceeded your expectations! I'm glad you found our location great and felt you received good value for your money. Thanks for your high ratings and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel was beyond amazing, particularly for the price! The lobby, the room, and the bathroom were all spotless; the people at the front counter, the cleaning ladies, and the lady who stocked and cleaned up after the complimentary breakfast were all super friendly; and the breakfast was super tasty (waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, bagels, English muffins, etc.). Plus, it is situated right in the middle of everything--easy access to restaurants (I recommend Buck Wild), to shopping, and to the highway. I highly, highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Rebecca S,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words - we're delighted you enjoyed your visit so much and found our location excellent for your needs. It's also great to hear you found our service very friendly. We can't wait for your next visit, thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I'm pleased to give Best Western a positive review. It is usually my hotel of choice when traveling. I know I will have a good night's sleep on a clean and comfortable bed and the staff will be helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear lilady8,

Thanks for reviewing our Best Western Plus; I'm happy you had another comfortable, clean stay and found our staff so accommodating and friendly. We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very pleased with the location and price. It was in a good location that was easy to get to downtown as well as the beach. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping just outside of the hotel. The price was very fair. I would definitely stay their again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We're glad you felt you received good value for your money and found our location convenient for you to get around Wilmington! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town, thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We returned to this hotel (in early Dec. 2013) because visits in previous years - pre BW - had provided such excellent experience and value. This time we had repeated problems with malfunctioning electronic locks, both in the door to the room and at the parking lot entry door. Being locked out of the hotel on a rainy night is a memorable experience. Replacement keys were equally unreliable. Staff was helpful and apologetic. By now (early January) the problem should have been fixed weeks ago. Study the more recent reports carefully before booking! My review is incomplete because the categories don't provide for a single defect of such importance in an otherwise apparently well-managed hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent clean facility with great breakfast. The location is located near all that Wilmington, NC offers. Location is close to the bus depot which arrives and departs for Amtrak. Location is in walking distance of shopping and dining.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Nancy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Best Western Plus. I'm happy to hear you had an excellent stay all-around and we're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board. We can't wait to see you the next time you're in Wilmington! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The interior of the hotel has been renovated. Big plus. The room I stayed in was clean, with a new flat-screen new bedding too. Breakfast was included and had some hot options that were rotated daily. Not bad at all. Coffee was always available in the waiting area and the front desk was friendly and on point.

House keeping was very polite and honored some personal requests that I had regarding my room. (I can be fussy when staying more than one or two nights at any hotel.) Location was great! Literally in the middle of everything. No matter what direction I went in, I either ran into the downtown area, shopping, or a beach. Just great for the weary traveler who does not want to drive forever to take in the sights, only to drive back 'forever' to get back to a hotel.

Bottom line: worth every penny I spent.

Room Tip: Parking in the rear of the building is less crowded and sometimes the front desk puts out fresh bake...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear MissyPA71,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us; we're glad to hear it was a great one! I'm happy that you enjoyed our look so much as well as the amenities we offer, as well as that our location was great for your needs. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington!