“Can Not Recommend” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Greensboro NC
“Can Not Recommend”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel property for the convenience of attending a training. Unfortunately, I did not receive room service during one of my three nights stay. We vacanted the room no later than 9:10am and returned the same day at 9:30pm and the room looked the same as it did when we left. The do not disturb sign was not on the door because it was placed inside the room when we left. I called the front desk and he only said "come down and I will give you towels." He was not interested in explaining what may have happened and told me the Manager would be in on Monday--4 days later. I went to breakfast the next day and noticed the manager arriving for work. I spoke with the manager via telephone and was informed she would accommodate that one night stay because no service was provided; but, when I went downstairs to check out, she changed her mind and only deducted $20.00. This is the second problem out of Best Western Plus on two separate stays. I will not stay at another one but will continue staying at Hilton's and Marriott. Unfortunately, when booking this trip, Homewood Suites and Residence Inn were both full. To add to my concerns, the room carpet had stains on it but I did not complain about that. The remote was not working adequately but I did not complain about that either. I can not with good faith recommend this hotel nor Best Western Plus at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anonymous T
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Anonymous T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your feedback. We take pride in providing excellent service so I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay - our housekeeping team and the rest of our staff will discuss your review promptly in order to improve our guest experience in the future. If you would like to speak more about your stay, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity on your next visit to Wilmington to show our improvements. Thanks again for your review.

(434) 822-2161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wake Forest, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was clean, but the humidifier was very noisy. The smoke alarm chirped the first night and had to get a new battery in the morning. The breakfast was good, hotel staff was friendly, overall not a bad place to stay. But there are better options for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Kevin N,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Best Western Plus and share your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, but do apologize for the inconveniences you ran into with the humidifier and smoke alarm - I will pass your comments on to our team for discussion; if you would like to discuss further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, I'm glad you found our staff friendly and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next trip to Wilmington to show our improvements. Thank you again for the review.

Fayetteville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had been staying at this hotel three nights every week for five months and I loved everything about it: it is clean, it smells like home to me, great staff, very good price. I had to move to another place for summer because the prices went up and I could not afford it anymore. Comfort Inn was a real disaster.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Norwich, CT, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. We stayed for 5 day's here. The staff was exceptionl, the rooms neat and clean. The breakfast was different and varied every day. This hotel was very easy to find and is right off the highway. For us the location was perfect

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Virginia F,

Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. It's also terrific that you found our location very convenient and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in town!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited Wilmington, NC to see the ocean and the old Wilmington area. The Best Westen we stayed was convenient to both beaches and the downtown area with plenty of resturants all around. The hotel was very nice with all the features we desired.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Swede6o
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Swede6o,

We appreciate you reviewing our Best Western Plus and are excited you enjoyed our location so much, as well as that you loved all of our amenities. We're grateful for your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington! Thanks again for the review.

Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Normally I don't do best westerns because they have been substandard. I decided to try this one because of the great price and the good reviews and the pics I saw of the property. As soon as we walked in I immediately noticed how good the lobby smelled. Kind of a cleaner/bleach smell. The girl behind the counter was obviously really busy but she was extremely pleasant and patient as the phone rang off the hook and she was on the phone trying to help someone find a room nearby since the hotel was completely sold out.

We checked into our room and found it to be very clean and comfortable. I always check the bathroom first and found that to be very clean. The king bed was comfortable as was the temp in the room. Since we decided to bring our 7 year old with us we needed to make a pallet on the floor or get a cot. All 16 cots the hotel has was already checked out the front desk clerk nicely provided us enough blankets to make a comfortable bed on the floor. The complementary breakfast was one of the better ones I have seen at a hotel - full hot breakfast. I also like the fact checkout is not till noon vs 11:00 like most hotels. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Wilmington although I would ask not to be on the 4th floor as the hall way smelled like smoke. I think half of this floor is smoking rooms

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chevionp
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Chevionp,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your stay with us - we're glad that you gave us a shot and it's terrific to hear that you had a great visit. I'm delighted that you found us so clean and comfortable and that you loved our complimentary breakfast, as well as that our friendly staff was able to accommodate your needs. We appreciate your recommendation and feedback and can't wait for your next stay! Thanks again for your review.

Lumberton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was really nice and in a very convenient location. The bed was terrible. My husband and my back hurt everyday from it. The air unit was a little loud and never stopped, even when it got to the right temp. If you turned the temp up or down, it would make the room smell very bad. The pool was very dirty. Almost hated getting in it. There were trees around and stuff was constantly blowing in it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Meredith E,

Thank you for your review and feedback of your recent stay - I'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered; we understand the importance of a comfortable stay and our staff will discuss your comments immediately in order to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below. Otherwise, I'm happy to read that you had a nice stay overall and hope we will see you again the next time you're in Wilmington. Thanks again for the review.