“Best Quality Overall”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Fayetteville
“Best Quality Overall”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had been staying at this hotel three nights every week for five months and I loved everything about it: it is clean, it smells like home to me, great staff, very good price. I had to move to another place for summer because the prices went up and I could not afford it anymore. Comfort Inn was a real disaster.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Norwich, CT, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. We stayed for 5 day's here. The staff was exceptionl, the rooms neat and clean. The breakfast was different and varied every day. This hotel was very easy to find and is right off the highway. For us the location was perfect

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Virginia F,

Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. It's also terrific that you found our location very convenient and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited Wilmington, NC to see the ocean and the old Wilmington area. The Best Westen we stayed was convenient to both beaches and the downtown area with plenty of resturants all around. The hotel was very nice with all the features we desired.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Swede6o
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Swede6o,

We appreciate you reviewing our Best Western Plus and are excited you enjoyed our location so much, as well as that you loved all of our amenities. We're grateful for your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington! Thanks again for the review.

Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Normally I don't do best westerns because they have been substandard. I decided to try this one because of the great price and the good reviews and the pics I saw of the property. As soon as we walked in I immediately noticed how good the lobby smelled. Kind of a cleaner/bleach smell. The girl behind the counter was obviously really busy but she was extremely pleasant and patient as the phone rang off the hook and she was on the phone trying to help someone find a room nearby since the hotel was completely sold out.

We checked into our room and found it to be very clean and comfortable. I always check the bathroom first and found that to be very clean. The king bed was comfortable as was the temp in the room. Since we decided to bring our 7 year old with us we needed to make a pallet on the floor or get a cot. All 16 cots the hotel has was already checked out the front desk clerk nicely provided us enough blankets to make a comfortable bed on the floor. The complementary breakfast was one of the better ones I have seen at a hotel - full hot breakfast. I also like the fact checkout is not till noon vs 11:00 like most hotels. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Wilmington although I would ask not to be on the 4th floor as the hall way smelled like smoke. I think half of this floor is smoking rooms

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chevionp
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Chevionp,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review of your stay with us - we're glad that you gave us a shot and it's terrific to hear that you had a great visit. I'm delighted that you found us so clean and comfortable and that you loved our complimentary breakfast, as well as that our friendly staff was able to accommodate your needs. We appreciate your recommendation and feedback and can't wait for your next stay! Thanks again for your review.

Lumberton, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was really nice and in a very convenient location. The bed was terrible. My husband and my back hurt everyday from it. The air unit was a little loud and never stopped, even when it got to the right temp. If you turned the temp up or down, it would make the room smell very bad. The pool was very dirty. Almost hated getting in it. There were trees around and stuff was constantly blowing in it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Meredith E,

Thank you for your review and feedback of your recent stay - I'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered; we understand the importance of a comfortable stay and our staff will discuss your comments immediately in order to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below. Otherwise, I'm happy to read that you had a nice stay overall and hope we will see you again the next time you're in Wilmington. Thanks again for the review.

(434) 822-2161
North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and very convenient to the major roads and highway. I stayed one night as I had business to tend to and the place met all my expectations, the thing I care about most is cleanliness and it was that! Breakfast was just OK.

My only complaint is on my checkout the front desk lady was dealing with someone on the phone that reservation got messed up and she brought that attitude to me after putting guest on hold.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank wctraveler21
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear wctraveler21,

We appreciate you reviewing our Best Western Plus & I'm delighted to hear that we were able to meet your high standards for cleanliness, as well as that our location was convenient for your needs. I do apologize that our desk clerk's service was below our standard and our team will discuss your comments in order to provide the friendliest service we can. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a nicely remodeled hotel and lovely if you have no smelling capacity. However, my toddler and I were sick after a 2 hour nap in our room. If you are allergic to mold this is not the place for you. Brand new furniture in our room smelled so bad of mold it had to be removed from our room. Then the excessive amounts of Febreeze to cover up the dampness/mold smell only added to the problem. If you have no sense of smell it is fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank N B
Dear N B,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry for the inconveniences during your stay and our housekeeping team is discussing your feedback in order to provide the highest standard of cleanliness. If you would like to discuss further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, we are happy to see you rate our service, value, and guest rooms highly and hope you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Wilmington to show our improvements. Thank you again for your review.

(434) 822-2161