Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Fayetteville NC
“Good Stay”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I were there during the Thanksgiving week., I walked into to a warm welcoming atmosphere. The Christmas tree was lit up and the holiday music was playing. Very clean, quiet and safe. Good stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

michelle p, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I'm very greatful that you enjoyed your stay at our Best Western Plus. I hope when you are in the Wilmington area we can become your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had confirmed reservations for this hotel and when we showed up to check in they informed us of the $50 pet fee. This was not advertised on their website or Best Western's. Shame on me for not asking I guess, but did not feel like being gouged so we found another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay with your pet unless you want to be overcharged.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
michelle p, Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I apologize you feel our hotel is not pet friendly. However, we are. The $50 one time fee covers the expense of the room being deep cleaned upon check out so the next guest can enjoy a fresh clean room. The Guest Service Represenative always makes the guest aware of this fee upon making reservations if the guest states they have a pet. We also require a copy of the pets vaccination records to ensure all our guests safety. I am also looking into the fact that it's not stated on our website. Thank you for your feed back as we strive to provide superior customer service.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good price at $79 for a top floor king room in October....I stayed here last year when it was an Innkeeper and it was nice, but it has undergone a complete renovation and is amazing now for a Best Western. Granite counters in the lobby, hip retro furniture, business center, free Wifi, a sparkiling pool and fitness room and a great hot breakfast with make-it-yourself waffles, bacon, eggs, fruit and more. Great for business travelers, families, tourists and UNCW visitors. Everything is new and clean and comfortable, and the central location between the beach and downtown, and right off the interstate, is great!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that does not face the highway. Noise on that side isnt too...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AnyPlace2012
copperhill, tn
Reviewed September 28, 2012

When you arrive at the property, then walk into the lobby, it is evident that this is a cut above the run of the mill, non-Plus, Best Western. Very friendly staff, very nice, clean, room, and a really comfy bed. The free breakfast is probably the best we've ever had at a Best Western. Bacon & eggs, many varieties of breads, waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, plus all the other normal fare you find at hotel breakfasts. One thing this place has that we've never seen before, in addition to the tables in the breakfast area, there is a row of very nice booths, which we really liked.

Now for the mixed bag part. First problem I had was connecting to the hotel's wi-fi to use my laptop. A call to the desk didn't help, the lady was very nice, but not familiar with the available wi-fi. She did offer to call the manager and get back to me, though. After navigating through the overly complicated procedure a number of times, though, I was able to do a work-around and finally get connected. I doubt most people would have even kept trying, but I really needed to get online. Next thing, we noticed a blank wall which had obviously had a large picture hanging on it. Two brackets and a lead anchor were still in place, but no picture. I made a note to be sure and mention this at checkout in case it had been recently removed without the hotel's knowledge. Then we found that after retiring, the A/C unit's compressor had a very loud vibration when it cycled on. Got quiet when it cycled off, but often woke us as it cycled on. Again, I reported this at checkout, but am very surprised that it hadn't been fixed earlier since it had to disturb guests before us. We also noticed more noise from guests in adjacent rooms than in most hotels we've stayed at.

All in all, the good outweighed the bad, and I expect that in another room we might possibly have had a perfect stay. The outstanding breakfast made up for a lot.

Room Tip: Make sure to listen to the A/C cycling on and off before you unpack and settle in, so you can get a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blackie205
michelle p, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I will make sure we look into the a/c issues to make sure it got fixed. Thank you for respnding and letting us know how you felt. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me and my fiancées stayed here for one night. We had went there to help a friend move and it was very clean and they just did a renovation. The breakfast was very good for a complentary. Well as my fiancé is eating breakfast in the bed, he sees this little tiny red bug, I just killed it and we didn't really think nothing of it. Well I looked up online what could come up for a bed bug in the first cycle, and sure enough it was. I did confront the front desk and talk with the manager on duty and she was very helpful and called the maintenance guy to come and take a look and he happen to find one. They were very concern about it and they refunded our money for the night stay. The manger told us they she had already called there pest control and he was on his way there as we were leaving! I was very pleased with how I was treated after all this and they were very respectful on everything. I know they can't control on who stays there. The bed bugs wasn't there cause it was dirty I just HONESTLY think that some one brought them in! Hope this helps with your stay :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brandi P
Lake Arrowhead, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Centrally located to downtown Wilmington and beaches. Good size pool. Moderately priced for beach area. Very clean and comfortable rooms and pleasant and helpful staff. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Check in time was very busy and due to the first room smelling of smoke and the second room not made up yet, we ended up in a third room. During all of these changes the desk agent, Lauren was very pleasant and helpful. Later in the day, I made the mistake of going out without my GPS and needed directions back to the hotel. Desk agent, Chris, was friendly and exact in giving me telephone advice for getting back. Desk people, I have found, are not always knowledgable as to directions. Housekeeping staff are also friendly and helpful. Five stars go to the two ladies taking care of the breakfast. Breakfast may be typical but it was very good. Only negative is that, unlike most hotels, there is just 2% milk which has too much fat for my liking.
Would like to see 1% or skim. The remodeled lobby and breakfast area are nice.

Beds are very comfortable. I have found this to often be the case at Best Westerns. A couple of years ago, I checked on the brand plus model number and ordered one from the mattress
companies commercial department. Have been happy ever since.

Room Tip: For an evening meal, we went to the IHOP which is next door. Perhaps 200 feet away. A good menu. A...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple