When you arrive at the property, then walk into the lobby, it is evident that this is a cut above the run of the mill, non-Plus, Best Western. Very friendly staff, very nice, clean, room, and a really comfy bed. The free breakfast is probably the best we've ever had at a Best Western. Bacon & eggs, many varieties of breads, waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, plus all the other normal fare you find at hotel breakfasts. One thing this place has that we've never seen before, in addition to the tables in the breakfast area, there is a row of very nice booths, which we really liked.
Now for the mixed bag part. First problem I had was connecting to the hotel's wi-fi to use my laptop. A call to the desk didn't help, the lady was very nice, but not familiar with the available wi-fi. She did offer to call the manager and get back to me, though. After navigating through the overly complicated procedure a number of times, though, I was able to do a work-around and finally get connected. I doubt most people would have even kept trying, but I really needed to get online. Next thing, we noticed a blank wall which had obviously had a large picture hanging on it. Two brackets and a lead anchor were still in place, but no picture. I made a note to be sure and mention this at checkout in case it had been recently removed without the hotel's knowledge. Then we found that after retiring, the A/C unit's compressor had a very loud vibration when it cycled on. Got quiet when it cycled off, but often woke us as it cycled on. Again, I reported this at checkout, but am very surprised that it hadn't been fixed earlier since it had to disturb guests before us. We also noticed more noise from guests in adjacent rooms than in most hotels we've stayed at.
All in all, the good outweighed the bad, and I expect that in another room we might possibly have had a perfect stay. The outstanding breakfast made up for a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our award winning hotel offers Southern hospitality, spacious rooms and a great value for guests who want to visit historic Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach. Located halfway between the two, and close to the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, our Wilmington hotel is a great value. Amenities include: Free Breakfast, Free WiFi, Outdoor Pool, BBQ Grill, Outdoor Seating, Fitness Center, Fridge & Microwave in every room, and a business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innkeeper - Wilmington Hotel Wilmington
- Innkeeper Hotel Wilmington