“very satisfied”
Review of Super 8 Wilmington

Super 8 Wilmington
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My experience at this motel was very pleasant. Not fancy but very clean. Clean sheets, clean bathroom. there is everything you need. Very courteous and helpful staff if you need something extra. I will come back here again and I recommend it whether you are a family, or solo. Good, simple breakfast. It's the first time I could make myself waffles in a motel!

Room Tip: Get a room on 2nd floor. If you are on 1st floor (like I was) and you get a noisy guest above you e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Esha H, General Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear marie claude ,

Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! The staff and I are so glad you decided to give super 8 Wilmington another try and even more pleased that you had so much fun with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife & I were on the way to Fort Fisher, & decided to sleep over in Wilmington. We were not happy with the Travelodge appearance & smell. Continuing onward we came to Super8. The outside appearance was nice & I Was created by Adam @ the reception desk. The area was clean & I was informed of all the amenities & of safe means to access my personal needs in town. I was instructed to location of my room & insured that there would be someone to assist @ anytime with our needs & that our vehicle was safe with the visually monitored parking area. The next morning, I was able to surprise my wife with a fresh made waffle & cup of coffee in bed! We were assisted to checkout by Felix & informed of the way to access Supper8 online & welcomed back if ever in town again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and mentioning some specifics about our cleanliness,Breakfast and our Location that is of my utmost concern as a hotel manager and to read your comments and to see it through your eyes is very important to me. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed two nights at this motel. Front desk staff were friendly. I was pleasantly suprised at its cleanliness especially the bathrooms. Everything was in order and worked. Nice size tv in room as well as micro. and fridge. The breakfast was adequate for a small space.
The only thing that i could find was the carpet was a little dirty and worn, mainly in the hallway.
I would stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are interior
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Esha H, General Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stay at a lot of motels in the past while out on the road driving. But i got to say this was the best one yet.The Front Desk Clark (Josh) was very helpful in pointing my party to an excellent place to eat supper. The room was clean to be an motel. I would recommenced this motel to anyone staying in Wilmington, NC. Thanks for the excellent service Super 8 and Josh.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Esha H, General Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit and your review! We pride ourselves/staff-member on being eclectic, inclusive and welcoming to all of our visitors - it is really an extension of the Wilmington Beach and downtown sentiment. I am happy to hear you had a great time - and we eagerly anticipate your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Pit, Patel

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Used as an overnight location close to airport so I could pick up sister the next day . It's nothing fancy it was clean and close and I got a good night sleep got AAA rate online. I would stay here again it was very close to great places to eat and placed to see

• Stayed: June 2013
Esha H, General Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on the hotel and surrounding areas. We continue to offer some summer special rates on our web site so guests can decide which package they are interested in and can book it quickly and without any hassle. Hope to see you soon once again Thank you for the great comments about the hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The smell of pot lingered in the hall. There was a drunk young man trying to get into rooms that didn't belong to him. The sheets felt filthy. I've stayed at a super 8 and never has this kind of experience. Thank god my beach trip made up for the terrible experience we had.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Wilmington on your recent trip to the area. It is very important to us that all of guests have a rewarding stay. we are kindly apologies as your experience appears to not follow with the hotel’s mission. This hotel Was recently renovated also our all the mattress and Most sheets are new. also this Hotel is interior corridor means that your room entrance is in an inside hallway and there is no direct exit also we have 24 Hour surveillance cameras that front desk keep on eye all area. my regret this was not your perception. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience-Pit-Patel, 910.343.9778 or Super8wilmington@hotmail.com as I would like to re-instill your trust in the super 8 Wilmington location for future travel needs

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The room had a bad smell and there was hair all over the sheets.... We had to get clean sheets and put on the bed our selfs...and the sheets they gave us didn't fit our bed :( I would not recommend this hotel to anyone :( all in all is was nasty I won't ever stay at the Super 8 again

• Stayed: June 2013
Esha H, General Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

All of us here at the Super 8 Wilmington sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your visit to our hotel. We value your feedback and we will work harder to make sure that these problems do not occur again. we apologize and we hope to see you again soon!