“Breakfast Disaster”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Out of many breakfast m items, cold coffee, The room was small and did not have a tub, just a shower stall. The air conditioning/heat unit was noisy and kept waking us up. The bill put under our door was higher than the rate quoted on check in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

I am very sorry you were unsatisfied with our breakfast I will speak with my breakfast hosts about the areas of opportunity and i will use your useful information to provide additional training on our weak areas. I am sorry this affected your stay and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again as I can assure you this is not the norm for our property. Thank you for the attention to the matter and I hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. The location was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only very minor complaint was the dimness of light in the bathroom. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at our property and we hope to see you again really soon. I am sorry the light in the bathroom was not bright enough for you let me know the next time you are here and I can get you into a room with sufficient lighting or I will make accommodations for extra lighting to somehow be placed in your bathroom for you. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I look forward to your return. Take care!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great hotel. Should have standard equipment in rooms such as a refrigerator and microwave. I was in Wilmington on business. It is a great place to spend the night. We used the conference room as well. The staff was very accomadating and helpful. Attendees were pleased also with service. One thing was a disappoint. They were remodeling so that meant a noisy night at first. After the first night everything was peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I am glad you were comfortable at our property and pleased with our level of service. My team and I pride ourselves in taking excellent care of our guests. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from our renovations but you will have to come and stay in one of our renovated suites. They are gorgeous and come with full kitchens that will meet all of your needs while you are staying with us. Let us know when you are coming back to Wilmington and we will be happy to accommodate you and your colleagues anytime you head this way. Thank you for your review and your business!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

A lot of times, on the beach hotels get really abused but not here. Tucked out of the way, yet so close to everything! Great rooms, prices, grounds & a kind/helpful staff. A great little walking trail is right beside the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MUR5RUN
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. I think you touched on some good points in your response that really highlight some of the best parts opf our location and our property. I love Summer Rest Trail that runs behind the hotel and I am so glad you were able to enjoy that while you were here. Please continue to use our propety as your home when you visit WIlmington, I would be glad to assist you with any future accommodations you might need. Take care!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Many times I have stayed here on business and it is a great place. Not once did I ever have a problem and the staff is always professional and kind. The breakfast is always hot and well maintained as well are the rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel anyone traveling for business or vacation with children.

Room Tip: I have had zero issues no matter what room I have been in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for your response! We love having you here and feel like you have really become a part of our Hampton family. We can't wait to have you back and thank you again.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great, friendly staff!! Very clean with good water pressure in shower. Check in was quick, manager hour was nice. Really liked restaurant beside hotel and made for an easy good meal and was able to safely walk back to hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our property, thank you for writing a review about your stay. We try to exceed expectations and make our guests feel at home while they are with us. Please come back soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I felt welcomed from the time I stepped in the front door to the time I left. Our ministry's board meeting dinner was carefully watched over by the woman who served us. She went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of us. There was construction in nearby rooms, but that assures that all of the rooms will be in top shape. The bed in my room was very comfortable and I slept well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad you enjoyed our town and our property. I will pass along your comments about the banquet attendant who helped with your event. We hope that we can serve you and your group again and that the next time you are in the area, whether it be business or pleasure, you decide to come and stay with us. Maybe you can even stay in one of the renovated room!`

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!