“Three night stay at Hampton Inn in North Carolina”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, NC, United States
“Three night stay at Hampton Inn in North Carolina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel in North Carolina was extremely clean, the furnishings were in excellent condition, the lobby was welcoming and clean, the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfast far exceeded what we had expected. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Concetta Y
Samantha P, Sales Coordinator & Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Mrs. Concetta Y -

Thank you for filling out our survey about your most recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled to know you were pleased with your experience. We are happy to have your business and hope that you will continue to stay with us when you visit the Wilmington area. I will pass along your compliments to our entire staff. Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
ALEXANDRIA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Hampton has a wonderful front desk staff, good breakfast and excellent beds. The hotel is tucked away with a charming exterior and a nice lobby. The downside is that it needs some upgrades. The shower had a slow drip, the sink had a slow drain and the HVAC unit, in addition to the annoying on/off noise that many units have, was distractingly noisy at all times. We had trouble with the swipe card each time to enter from the parking lot and were informed that there had been some problems with that door! The two nights before our 2 nights here we stayed at the excellent Hampton Northlake in Atlanta and this hotel suffers in comparison. We will look at the newer nearby Hilton Garden next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I am sorry you felt our property did not meet your expectations. We strive to not only meet but also exceed every guests expectations while staying at our property. I have passed your comments along to each department head so that we can all come together for a solution so that this does not occur to any guest in the future. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced while you were here and we hope that you will please give us another try the next time you are in the area. Please personally let me know when you are back in the area and I will be sure to make your stay extra special for you. Take care!
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We checked in to our suite, and I felt like I had my own apartment for the weekend. The king suite with kitchenette was incredible. The bed is amazing and feels like marshmellows yet firm enough for your back support. All of the rooms are separated for privacy, including the bathroom which is off of the hallway, and I love the apartment feeling. I was always looking forward to coming back to this suite after our Wilmington adventures. This is probably the nicest hotel suite I have stayed in for quite a while and will hold any others up to their standard if I can't locate this chain on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! We value your opinion and we are happy to hear that you were pleased with your expereince here at our property. I hope you can come back again to see us soon; we are starting Phase Two of our suite renovations next month and the suites will have new bathrooms. We are excited about the changes and we know you too will be pleased. Let me know if I can do anything for you in the future as we would love to be your home away from home anytime you are in Wilmington.
Rustburg, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a good stay...only complaint was housekeeping getting into our room on Saturday to clean when we requested that to not happen and then banging on the door 2 hours before checkout on Sunday to get in and clean our rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay at our property. I am sorry you were disturbed by housekeeping and I can assure you I have passed on your comment to the executive housekeeper for some additional training the that department. We want you to know we value your business and hope that despite this inconvenience that you will still come back and give us another try. Please feel free to contact me with any additional needs as I would be happy to help you in any way possible. We hope to see you again and as always we appreciate your comments. Thank you!
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this Hampton Inn last week for a birthday vacation getaway. We originally planned to stay just one night but loved our hotel room so much we extended our stay for another night. We'd just had a subpar experience at a Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Charlotte. So, upon entering this room that only cost $20 more than the previous one, we were *extremely* pleased.

Upon arriving at the front desk, we were greeted by a very friendly employee. She gave us plenty of information and recommendations of nearby places to eat since we'd arrived so late in the evening. Our room was a one bedroom suite and it was very nice: clean, cool, and nicely decorated. Essentially, our hotel room was a one bedroom apartment: a separate living room (with a TV), full kitchen, small dining area, a bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom had a ceiling fan, separate AC controls from the living room, hot tub, and a 2nd TV. The bathroom attributes that most stood out to me were the his/her sinks and the walk-in shower.

Our room was at the very end of the hall. At first we didn't like how far the room was from the elevator (there seemed to only be one set of them in one location and the walk to our room was a bit of a haul). However, this distance paid off because there was no room directly in front of us; and if there was someone in the adjoining room, we didn't know it. So, we got to be in our own little quiet world. It was quieter than my apartment at home. I LOVED it!

My fiance and I were very impressed with the continental breakfast. He went downstairs to get our breakfast and commented on how attentive the staff was to ensuring the breakfast area was well stocked. He mentioned running out of waffle batter when he tried to get some and soon after a hotel staff member refilled it. This is our third experience with Hampton Inn hotels and we haven't been disappointed yet. Thanks to them for being a part of a great birthday vacation! :-)

One thing I will note: the hotel's name is listed as Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach on different websites. There may have been a name change because I'm pretty sure that the sign at the road said Hampton Inn & Suites Landfalls Park

Room Tip: The rooms furthest from the elevators (our room was 430) are super quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are so glad we could assist in a special birthday getaway! I feel you touched on some very good points in your review and I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass your compliments along to the appropriate team members of breakfast and I know they will appreciate the praise. Thank you again for reviewing our property and we hope you will come stay with us again the next time you are in Wilmington. Take care!
Manhattan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is located in near the beach, shopping and great restaurants. The staff is always very friendly, efficient and very helpful. We have stayed here several times and will keep coming back. The hotel rooms are always clean and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response we really appreciate your opinion and we are glad that we were able to serve you while you visited Wilmington. If there is anything we can do for you in the future as far as accommodations are concerned we would be happy to do so. Please come back in the near future, we look forward to your return. Thank you again!
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay. The hotel grounds were very nice, the hotel and our room were very clean and the staff was helpful. We like Hampton Inns because we know the quality of the property will be the same wherever we go. Plus, breakfast is always included and there is always coffee and a variety of teas available. The hotel is conveniently located between Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach (about 2 miles from the beach).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our property. We are glad you found our property convenient and comfortable and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Wilmington area. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the meantime. We look forward to having you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!