Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$177
$161
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$79
Country Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$101
$100
$139
Homewood
Sleep Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$76
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$139
BestWestern.com
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$102
Hotels.com
$76
HIExpress.com
$154
$134
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewswrightsville beachchop housecomplimentary breakfastshort drive to the beachwedding weekendthe hotel staffnice poollocation is greatenjoyable staystaff was friendlyclean roomsbusiness tripbed was comfortablefresh fruitthe breakfast areawafflesbrenda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I travel 40+ weeks a year and always try to stay at Hilton properties. We generally have positive experiences and enjoy the benefits of diamond status. I was traveling for business and found my small room to smell strongly of stale smoke. I asked for another room and the next one had squishy wet carpeting. Also, the door stuck so you had to slam it when you left the room or pull the door with force to close it when you came in. The same candy wrapper was there from the day I came in on Monday until I left on Thursday.

1  Thank caseysnewmom
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

I'm sorry you had some problems during your stay, I will use your comments as a training tool for some of my team members. We value your opinion and want to do everything we can to provide a positve guest experience. I am not sure where the candy wrapper you spoke of was located but I would love the opportunity to talk with you more in detail about your experience at our property. If you would feel comfortable speaking with me you could conatct me directly at the hotel or you can e-mail me at sdixon@shgltd.com. I hope to talk to you soon. Thank you again fort aking the time to share your experience with us and i hope you come back to see us sometime soon so we can show you what we are really about.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Room price too high for the value received. Room rate was $130.00 and should have been priced at about $89.00 for the type of room and value as compared to other hotel chains such as Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, and LaQuinta.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jerry Q

Thank you for writing a review about our property. I am sorry you felt like your room should have been cheaper. Unfortunately, the area of Wilmington that our hotel is located is a desirable area especially during the summer season and our prices are competitve with all other hotels in the immediate area. Hopefully you still enjoyed your time spent at our property and we hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Take care!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The only reason this hotel didn't get a 5 was because the fan in my room was super loud. I don't keep my house very cool at night, so I usually am okay just shutting off A/C units in hotel rooms if they bother me, but then when I did I could hear all my neighbors. I understand this is primarily a vacation destination (there is a pool bar...) so they were up (and loud) late, but I was traveling on business so I was not staying up late. The staff was great and the hotel was clean, but it was musty smelling - I assume this is due to the humid air near the ocean? There is also a nice trail near the hotel entrace - I highly recommend a morning run if you are so inclined.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and i apologize for the noisy a/c unit as well as any unusual smell in your room. If you could please let me know the room number so I can look into the matter further I would really appreciate it my e-mail address is sdixon@shgltd.com. It is my goal to do whatever I can to continually improve on all aspects of the hotel and without feedback from our guest it would be almost impossible to do so. Thank you again for your review and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was a good trip, all in all. Hotel was located only minutes from the beach and restaurants, easy access in and out on main road. Complimentary breakfast was until 10 AM. I can understand this on week days but--on weekends, I think the breakfast hours should extend to 10:30 AM rather than 10 AM.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review your thoughts and comments are verry much appreciated. i have spoken with some of my fellow managers about your suggestion on the breakfast times and we are looking into the possibility of making this happen. We hope to see you some time in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a Hilton diamond member, I have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world. From the high level of service to the relaxing business atmosphere, this Hampton inn manages to bypass many full service hotels in the surrounding area. I would definitely recommend this Hampton inn to anyone who may be traveling to Wilmington area for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and we consider your opinion as a huge compliment. We do our best to give excellent customer service as we feel service is the ultimate amenity at our propety. We would love to continue to be your home away from home whenever you are traveling in the area. Thank you again!