“Too little, too late! Much better hotels in the area.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Too little, too late! Much better hotels in the area.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

There is a much nicer Hampton Inn about 2.5 miles from this Hampton....go there! The room needs an update; the workout area is too small, only two machines. The hotel could use an update in the community areas; breakfast could use some improvements.

Room Tip: Rooms are too small and dark. Rooms need
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ILMGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry you did not enoy your experience. We are pleased to announce that we are in the process of going through the design process and do anticipate renovations in the upcoming months. Please stay tuned and we hope that you will take the opportunity to come back and check us out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Wilmington to celebrate his birthday and stayed at this hotel. I originally chose it because it was so affordable, and I'm glad I did! Upon our arrival, the receptionist was on the phone with a customer. We only waited for a couple of minutes, but she apologized for the wait and upgraded us to a suite. Our suite was clean (the cleanest hotel I have stayed at in a while) and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank clairebabs
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I'm so glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay at our property earlier this month. My team and I hope that youwill come back and visit us soon. It will be warm before you know it and Wrightville Beach is just a short bike ride or drive away so you two will have to come back when you can enjoy the warm weather. My team works extra hard to give our guests the ultimate experience and they are always willing to do whatever it takes to keep our guests happy and coming back. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience and we hope to see you soon!
Blowing Rock, NC
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed in this hotel, and the first time I have had some issues.

First, the walls of the room I was in are so thin, I can hear everything going on next door. In the course of 5 days I have heard babies screaming, a couple having sex, a man snoring, and the profanity-laden cell phone calls of the man next door. I have to turn on the tv and the fan to drown out noise from the fellow guests around me.

Second, there is a bizarre noise that comes from the garbage disposal in the kitchen every hour or so, all day every day. It's almost like it cuts on for just a second. ???

Last, the decor. They have obviously renovated the lobby and common areas, but that's where it stops. Worn, outdated uncomfortable furniture in the living room, drop ceilings, and old tile in the bathroom. Not what you expect from an upscale area.

On a good note, the front desk and housekeeping staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Not sure when a renovation is planned for the guest rooms, but it should be sooner than later.

• Stayed February 2013
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I am sorry you had some problems while you were here staying with us I have addressed the issue of the noise with my maintenance team and they are working hard to resolve the problem. I want all of my guests to be 100% satisfied after leaving our property and I am so sorry that you were not completely satisfied. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in the area as i know we can make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything further and thank you for bringing this to my attention
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Actually the above is my review. Breakfast with fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, hot coffee. Very cold and threatening weather but from inside you would never believe it. Folks at desk very helpful, got me signed up for Perks in the future. What more could you ask?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words and also want to welcome you to the Hilton HHonors program! We are glad that we were able to get you signed up so you can start accumulating points towards all the many benefits of the program. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be coming back soon to start building your HHonors status. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I did enjoy the room service offered by The Chop House directly in front of the Hampton Inn. Nice fireplace as I came in, very relaxing. I had only a small issue with attitude of front desk person concerning internet connection.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you got the chance to stay with us and that you enjoyed room service from Port City Chop House. Room service is a recently developed amenity added to our hotel so to hear good things from our guests is excellent. I am sorry you had a problem with your internet connection and that you weren't satisfied with how the Guest Service Representative handled solving your connection problem. I would love to have the chance to talk to you in more detail about your specific internet problems and also to try to pinpoint any extra training opportunities with my team. My e-mail address is sdixon@shgltd.com please feel free to e-mail me whenever you would like. Again, thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
UnMyrtle Beach, South Carolina, ited States
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our marketing agency handles the Wilmington & Beaches CVB. Consequently we try to spread our stays around New Hanover County in a variety of great properties. I must admit I’ve developed a couple of favorites and this particular Hampton Inn is certainly one.

I'm constantly on the run when in town for business, so efficiency is critical. Front desk quickly and courteously gets me where I’m going; and the entire staff is friendly...especially their bar manager. At the end of the day, she always recognizes her customers and goes way beyond "just managing the bar". Whatever the task, she’ll do it...whatever the request, she’ll try to fill it; and always with a smile.

Room-wise, I cannot stress how much comfort and cleanliness means as much as I travel. I can always count on a sparkling appearance and beds that get me much-needed rest.

It doesn't hurt that this property is in the heart of some great coastal cuisine.

Thanks for making traveling fun...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel as well as e-mailing me about your visits to Wilmington and our property. I have your e-mail on the bulletin board by the time clock for the whole team to see it. It really means a lot to us that you feel at home when you are visiting our hotel and that you continue to stay with us when you are in the area. Our bar manager puts in a lot of hard work and she really trys hard to take care of the customer; it truly means so much to her to hear it from the guests. We can't wait to see you again on your next visit and again thank you for taking time to write a review.
Seminole
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I just spent 10+ days at this hotel and I was impressed from start to finish! The management team and staff go the extra distance to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. From the desk staff to the house keepers, everyone was friendly and willing to assist in any way they could.
Highly recommend for business travelers!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $$ for a suite.....it is well worth it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We thouroughly enjoyed having you all here I hope that we get to see all of you again in the future. I cannot express to you how touched my team was to hear all of the nice things you said about their hard work. My team enjoys making lasting impressions on our guests and to hear it from the guests themselves means so much to all of them. I hope you will come visit us again soon as we look forward to being your home away from home while you are in the Wilmington area. Take care and safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!