“I would stay again”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Raleigh and Wilmington, North Carolina
“I would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I got married on wrightsville beach in October 2012. I needed a room for a night and stayed here. For the price and location its a great deal. I would stay here again and the staff was very good. The room was clean and i would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us that you found our property on your wedding night and better yet, that you and your significant other enjoyed yourselves while staying with us. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon. You can always come and stay with us again on your anniversary, if not sooner. Please let me know if you need any future accommodations and if you come back and stay on your anniversary I promise to make it extra special for you. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
nags head, nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

In my opinion this Hampton Inn is not up to par with others we have stayed at. 1) There was a cockroach in the bathroom. This was unsettling, however I do I understand the issues with these type of bugs in a southern beach town location as I live in one myself. 2) The king sized bed was right up against the window air conditioning unit in the bedroom. This was not a good set-up, especially with the air conditioning unit sounding like it was going to explode every time the compressor came on. Kept me awake most of the night. 3)The furniture in the Living Room was dirty. The arms of the chair felt sticky...YUCK! 4)The breakfast was TERRIBLE. Please tell me how you can burn microwave pancakes? The bagels were very stale. Absolute worst Hampton Inn breakfast of any I have every had.

The only good thing about this place was the location. Have to say the women behind the front desk seemed more interested in socializing with each other than satisfying their guest's needs. Very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marlmodz
Lance F, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Also, I have addressed the quality of our breakfast with our staff, and we have made the necessary corrections. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Newport, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent the w/end October 5 thru 7, 2012. We were in town for a wedding. Spent Saturday on Wrightsville Beach (short drive from the hotel). It was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast could use some improvement. I got a glass of wine from the bar which was priced at a premium and then got a service charge since I put it on my room tab. :( The hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants. Difficult to choose since we only were there for one dinner. We decided on Bocca Bay and were not dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are working with our breakfast team to try and improve our breakfast to get up to par with our family of Hampton's.
Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Sept. It was a nice hotel with very comfortable beds and very quiet which made for a great nights sleep. When checking in they had me in a room on the 2nd floor which was not to my liking as we are smokers and wanted a room near a door. The staff was pleasant and immediately fulfilled my wishes. We stayed in one night and ordered pizza then left early in the morning the next day leaving dishes in the sink and housekeeping did those for us which was very nice. We did do the complimentary breakfast one day which had a good variey. The only down side was the biscuits and gravy, unfortunately the gravy was pretty bad. Overall, you can't go wrong with this hotel it had plenty of room for our family of four, was clean, comfortable and quiet. By the way we booked a 1 bedroom suite which was nice as my husband and I had our own area and tv away from the kids!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a suitable location for a short drive to Wrightsville Beach or slightly longer to Wilmington, Carolina Beach and Kure Beach. It was clean and comfortable and we had no issues with staff. All very friendly.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul W
Ghent NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We've stayed here twice before and loved it. This time I was disapointed. It seems to me that there was much more personal attention to guests last time and a much more corporate feel this time. The Manager's Reception was nothing this time compared to last. One tray of food and that was it. Yes...free beer and wine. The hotel had been remodled since our last visit, it IS beautiful and very clean. The King size room is small compared to other Hampton Inns. But the King Suites are a very nice size. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I think it was quite expensive for what we got. The pool needed to be skimmed after a rain but no one even checked it. A guest skimmed the pool!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am an extremely picky hotel client! I flip the beds as soon as I get in the room. I check under the sheets, bed skirts, mattress seams, table tops for a cleaned surface, smells of the room, stains on sheets and pillows. You name it I pick at it just out of fear of past hotel stays. This place is immaculate! I was thrilled! The bed, pillow, blankets and sheets were heaven! I would have been happy staying in the bed all day! Bathroom was stocked and squeaky clean! We needed at few things while staying here added to the room and our needs were immediately met! Staff was so welcoming, always smiling, and polite. Location was close to resturaunts and stores. We could walk to at least 5 different resturaunts. Definitely staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank perfectlypickyclient
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!