I needed a place to rest for the night with enough room for me to park my 18-wheeler and decided to get a room at what turned out to be a wonderful hotel!
When I checked in, I was welcomed by a very nice young lady at the counter.
They may only have one washer and dryer but they did well for me on the first use so I could get my laundry done in a timely manner.
Someone from the maintenance staff wanted to check on an item that they would be ordering a replacement for. That told me they were on top of their game here, making sure it was well kept up!
The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed with a great wi-fi network, which made for a good environment where I could get my articles written on my laptop and submitted for publishing (yes, I also work as a freelance writer).
The only problem I had during my stay was by no fault of the hotel itself- but of a few local people in the area who have an obnoxiously loud exhaust system on their vehicles. With that being said, if you need to sleep well during the daylight hours, request an even-numbered room that's located on the back side of the hotel, away from the surrounding roads.
I accidentally left behind a hard case for my sunglasses and they found it in the room I stayed in. I paid for it to be shipped to my home in Texas and they definitely got it to me in a hurry!
If I'm ever in Wilmington, I will stay here for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is conveniently located between Wrightsville Beach & Historic Wilmington. We offer great amenities, such as a newly resurfaced outdoor pool with brand new patio furniture, complimentary Wi-Fi access, hot breakfast featuring our signature cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon or sausage, grits, biscuits, assorted fruits, assorted cereals, assorted drinks, along with yogurt and pancakes. We are the only hotel in Wilmington that has charcoal grills available. Our hotel is a great place for leisure travelers. Some of North Carolina's most beautiful beaches are just seven miles away. We are close to the USS North Carolina Battleship & Children's Museum of Wilmington. Families can visit the Cape Fear Museum or explore historic downtown. Corporate guests soon find out why we're one of the best hotels in Wilmington as we offer business work stations with printing capabilities as well as access to copy and fax services. We have more than 1,400 sq ft of flexible meeting space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Wilmington
- Holiday Inn Express Wilmington
- Holiday Inn Wilmington
- Wilmington Holiday Inn