“Not often does a business traveler feel at home, but I did at this hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Not often does a business traveler feel at home, but I did at this hotel.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Traveling for work, I have easily stayed at more than a thousand hotels. For many of those years, I frequented a competitor of Holiday Inn. I recently decided to try somewhere new, and chose this hotel. Best. Decision. Ever. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the food and snacks are awesome, and wi fi is reliable and fast. All that is secondary to the service. I have been greeted with nothing but smiles and helpfulness after four hour drives or long hours with customers. I recently was asked by my boss to get a report to him ASAP. Not only did Dominique, Tammy and Adam assist me with printing, faxing, and scanning, but they did it while making me feel like I was in my home office with three assistants. They solidified my business with Holiday Inn for the rest of my career, and I offer any fellow road warrior my highest recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant Genereal Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear bthatcher23,

Thank you so much for letting us know how your recent stays have been! I will be sure to let Tammy, Dominique and Adam know how much their help was appreciated during your stay. I'm so glad they were able to make it memorable for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington on your next trip.

Safe travels!
Anna Mullens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Leechburg PA
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Fantastic experience during our 5 night stay with a reunion group. EVERY employee was so friendly and helpful. Never experienced such great service ANYWHERE!! Clean, comfortable and did I mention FRIENDLY!! Great breakfast also. Coffee service was always available in the dining area. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WilmingtonNC1, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Tiny119,

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was, we were honored to host your group's reunion this year. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and hotel as much as we enjoyed having you here. If you ever find yourself in Wilmington again we hope you will stay with us.

Best Wishes,
Pierrette Cortner
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a nice experience during a 2 night stay. The room was spacious and the bed/bedding was very cozy. The amenities were good too; including free Wi-fi & breakfast. The only slight negative was that my son had a bloody nose during the night which left stains on his pillowcase & sheets. Housekeeping did not change them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear KDTNC,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. I'm glad you found our beds comfy and cozy and our rooms spacious. I apologize for the oversight of our housekeeping staff and will follow up with them to ensure this does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington in the future.

Steve Janoski
Salisbury, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay at this holiday inn. The staff was pleasant, the room was very clean and nicely updated. Best of all, it actually had an HD TV with HD channels (a rarity!). Also a plus for me: the entire hotel is smoke free!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear UNCbiz,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was! I'm glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and found we fit your needs. By the end of the year our whole property will be remodeled so we would love for you to come back again to see us.

Steve Janoski
Pooler, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My Wife and I recently spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - University Center in Wilmington, NC. Everyone we had contact with appeared to have one goal: "Treat everyone just as you would treat family" Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Ken B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. I am so happy our staff was able to make you feel like family when you were our guest. It is our goal to make each guest feel the way you did when visiting us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington during your next visit.

wilmington
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at HIE University Center when he returned from Afghanistan in 2010. The people at the front desk were very helpful to me with getting the room set up, flowers, fruit, wine, etc! It was a very special home coming thanks to their help!

Since then we have had family stay at HIE when they visit us as well as business associates. We have always been happy with the room, staff and the awesome breakfast!

The location is great too with many restaurants to choose from, Walmart and Sams just blocks away, and convenient to Market St. to get to downtown Wilmington.

Being a military family we have traveled and lived all over. We really appreciate a nice hotel with friendly staff and comfy beds and sheets! Getting a free breakfast to start our morning seals the deal for us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank michaela s
Dear Michaela S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your past stays have been. We are honored to have been your host hotel for your husband's homecoming and happy to hear we helped make it even more special than it already was.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to hosting your family and business associates again in the future!

Best Regards,
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel was very clean, comfortable and convenient to everything. We really enjoyed our stay. The only negative was the fact that in our handicapped accessible room, the seat in the shower was not bolted in the wall very well and my husband nearly fell when he sat down. But, management was responsive. We will definitely stay again next time we're in Wilmington.

Room Tip: There were noisy children on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WilmingtonNC1, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Linda S,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know how your stay was. Secondly, please accept my sincerest apology about the handicap shower seat. I have personally been following up to ensure that it is taken care of and that no one else will have the experience that your husband had. Our maintenance staff has securely fastened the seat to the wall again and will be checking in periodically to make sure it stays that way.

Thank you for your understanding and kind compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington on you next visit.

Kevin A. Archer