“Out of all the hotels in Wilmington, I choose to stay here due to the service and friendliness of staff.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I travel to Wilmington often. When being away from home I want the comfort and peace of my home. The hotel is quiet. The staff are friendly. This hotel is a great value, is conveniently located and has all the amenities I need. They feel like family.

• Stayed: September 2013
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Brendaandbruce,

Thank you for taking the time to come on TripAdvisor and for the kind compliments. We are honored to be the hotel you come back to during your stays in Wilmington. I will be sure to share your comments to our entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington on your next trip.

Safe Travels,
Kevin A Archer

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am so warmly welcomed each time I stay at the Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, it has become my second home while traveling for business or leisure. Exceptional effort is consistently made by management personnel and staff members to ensure the highest quality accommodations for their guests.

I particularly appreciate the hot coffee and great breakfast prepared by cheerful, caring and inviting associates awaiting me in the early mornings.

The pool area and patio space are great places to relax and socialize and even get a little work done.

The rooms are fantastically clean and well stocked and the housekeeping staff is friendly and helpful. The beds and bedding are so comfortable and the rooms so quiet, I sleep well and awake refreshed ready to enjoy breakfast.

The maintenance crew does a tremendous job with the property inside and out.

A general attitude of doing whatever it takes to ensure a pleasant stay for each guest permeates my experience of this hotel. I look forward to visiting again. Many thanks to all the people who make me feel welcome and provide that fine southern hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear C L,

Thank you so much for such a kind review! I will be sure to let each of our departments know how much you enjoyed them during your stay! We are honored to be your second home during your travels and we hope that you will continue staying with us for years to come.

Regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed in the hotel consistently for the past four months with the staff, service and rooms always are of great quality. I just had the privilege of staying in one of the new remodeled rooms! What a treat - great color schemes and modern design. The location for the hotel makes it easily accessible to many places in the area. I'll continue staying there anytime I travel to Wilmington

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear WPFSTM,

First off thank you for continuing to be our guest and for taking the time to write a review. Our team values the relationships we have with our guests and we are glad you have made us your home away from home. I am happy that you have been with us through our remodel process and have been able to see our finished product. By the end of the year we hope to have the common areas finished and are excited to hear what you think about them as well.

Thank you again for being a valued guest!
Kevin A. Archer

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here with our two children while visiting our other son. The hotel had a wonderful, hot, breakfast with a huge selection. Hot cookies were available at check in the afternoon in the lobby as well! We were able to get a later check out time due to being a member of their rewards program. LOVED that!! The grounds were clean and our one bedroom suite was spacious and clean. We will try to stay in a hotel owned by the rewards program as they are clean and very customer friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Denise T,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to let us know how your stay with us was. We greatly appreciate any feedback from our guests. I'm pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us while visiting your son. Our team was honored to host your family during your visit and we hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon.

Kevin A. Archer

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The staff is awesome. They were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The hotel and property were in excellent condition. Clean grounds, clean public areas, clean rooms. This location has new car dealers on three sides, but it certainly isn't a questionable neighborhood. The property is large, so you don't feel like you are sitting on top of the car lots. My bed was on the firm side, which I love. Wifi strength in my room was excellent, but the speed did slow down a bit in the middle of the evening when more people were probably using it. The breakfast is the usual (but good) fare that is expected in Holiday Inn Express hotels. I use this hotel several times a year for business travel and I'll continue to come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear T_Hash_VA,

WOW! Thanks for such a great review! Our staff will be glad to hear that you found them so friendly and welcoming. I'm happy that you find we meet your needs when traveling and that you stay with us throughout the year.

We are almost done with our guest room remodeling so I am excited to hear what you think when you see it!

Thanks again and happy travels!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The people here were all very, very friendly. The room was clean. The key cards worked just some of the time but that wasn't a big deal, easy to swap out for workable ones. The breakfast was pretty good. Fast wi-fi. Plenty of parking. The problem? The beds were unbelievably hard! We were there for three nights and omg! I had the worst time sleeping. My back hurt for a full day after being home! I don't like a super soft bed. I like some firmness but this was super duper firm! Also my son traveled with me and his bed made so much noise every time he moved it woke me! And no, I am not a super light sleeper. He went in and out of the room several times while I was asleep and I didn't even wake up. I would like to have liked this hotel because the people were all so nice. If you like an extra firm bed, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hello KLJB,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are always happy to hear how a guests stay was. I'm so glad to learn that you found our staff so friendly and you enjoyed some of our amenities. I'm sorry that you didn't find our pillow top beds comfortable. I hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

No surprises. Helpful staff. Great freebie breakfast in the morning. And the cleanliness of this hotel is amazing. They proudly displayed a plaque with an A 100 Sanitation Rating. Those are NOT easy to earn. Will stay there again if I'm in Wilmington.

Room Tip: 124 and 126 are away from any noise, in the back and have a door close to them to get to the parking...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear sanditoes11,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for us! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and your entire stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a great day,