All reviews front desk room was clean cracker barrel van campen wrightsville beach housekeeping staff hotel is centrally located nice hotel outdoor pool fridge and microwave night's sleep complimentary breakfast one night stay will stay there again i highly recommend this hotel yogurt short drive
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The entire hotel was very clean. Our room was very clean & comfortable. The staff couldn't have been more kind & respectful. The general manager was also just as pleasant, and made sure we were enjoying our stay. The breakfasts was always great and plenty. The pool was perfect for my son. He enjoyed swimming, meeting other kids & relaxing. Everyone went above & beyond to ensure we were happy with our stay. We walked around, the area was nice & safe from traffic.
If I need to stay in a hotel again in Wilmington, it would only be at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear angela n,

I'm so glad you and your son enjoyed staying with us! I will be sure to pass your kind praises on to our staff and let them know all their hard work pays off. We look forward to seeing you and your family again during your next trip to Wilmington.

Have a wonderful summer!
Anna Mullens

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the third year we have spent a week staying at this hotel. We have enjoyed every minute. The desk staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The staff is fantastic. We have always been pleased with our room. Any question or concern is immediately taken care of. The breakfasts are really exceptional for being included in the price of the room, and the breakfast staff is also exceptional. The fact that it is the same friendly face we see every year speaks to the staff longevity. We saw the manager daily, always checking to be sure everything was okay and following through on requests. Fresh, hot cookies every afternoon, and a manager's reception one afternoon. The location is convenient to restaurants, shopping and main roads. We would not hesitate to recommend this facility to any friends or family, and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We prefer the higher floors, but all rooms are fine. Even next to the elevator was very quiet!! Check on possible upgrade to suite when you check in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Karen M,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! I'm so glad we have loyal guests like you and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Have a great summer!
Kevin A. Archer

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My family had to visit our old hometown in Oct 2012 and back again in June 2013. The rooms are in need of a facelift. This property has to be used an awlful lot. My sister and I had a double queen room. The mattress or box springs sounded on every turn or movement as though it would hit the floor. The fitted sheets wouldn't stay the bed. Nasty to wake up in the morning and the bed was completely down to the mattress. We spoke to the front desk person after first night.He assured me it would be taken care of. That night when we got back to the room. The bed had been made in same ill fitted sheet and the mattress had not been changed. The breakfast as well as housekeeping staff were nice.For the price we were totally disappointed. Sorry this property was not worth the cost.

• Stayed: June 2013
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear tammyandteressa,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me the other day about the issues you had encountered during your stay. I assure you that I have personally been following up with them and making sure they are taken care of.

You have my sincerest apologies that we were not up to what you have come to expect from our hotel and I hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Regards,
Kevin A. Archer

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel during a emergency plane landing.
Besides the fact that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the staff at this hotel is what gives it it's charm. Kudos to Pierrette, Adam and Ryan for putting up with 25 or so angry, tired and hungry french Canadians. They went above and beyond to make our miserable situation a pleasant one.

Free breakfast was amazing. Best free breakfast I've had at any hotel I have previously stayed at.
Room had a kitchenette, living room with tv and separate bedroom with tv.

I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel. Would definitely stay there again, no question about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear lovetotravel020,

Thank you SO MUCH! for posting your note. Ryan, Adam and I were genuinely happy to help with your group. Putting ourselves in your shoes, we know that after your hectic journey, we wanted to do what we could to make your stay with us the best it could be...even at 12 midnight! If you are ever back in the Wilmington area, please know you have a home with us!

Happy Travels,

Pierrette Cortner

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was looking for a motel that had adequate handicapped-accessible rooms, and the Holiday Inn Express offered a very good room with wheelchair access to the bathroom and shower. Room comes with a refrigerator (freezer separate from refrigerator), a microwave oven, TV with premium cable channels, and a closet. (Closets are often missing in a handicapped room.) Clean and completely satisfactory. The motel supplies a wheelchair and a staff member to push it if requested.

The hotel overall is quite nice, with pleasant and helpful staff. A free breakfast offers eggs (one day scrambled, another day a cheese omelet), sausage or bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes, warm bread (muffins, buns, bagels, doughnuts), cereals, juices, and coffee. All day there is a selection of cookies available.

Next time in Wilmington I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our handicapped- accessible rooms. I'm pleased to learn that our rooms fit your needs and that our staff was able to help you.We try our hardest to make sure that anyone coming to the hotel has an enjoyable stay and from your kind words it seems like we did just that.

We look forward to welcoming you again next time your in Wilmington.

Best Regards,