All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancracker barrelvan campenwrightsville beachhousekeeping staffhotel is centrally locatednice hoteloutdoor poolfridge and microwavenight's sleepcomplimentary breakfastone night staywill stay there againi highly recommend this hotelyogurtshort drive
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a quick one-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on Van Campen Boulevard in Wilmington, NC and it was great! The staff was outstanding, the property is very nice, and the rooms are very clean. And how can you beat hot cinnamon buns for breakfast! (They also had eggs, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fruit, juice, etc. all included with the room rate!). The location is great with plenty of places to eat within walking distance. It is only about 8 miles from Wrightsville Beach. One very SMALL complaint: The shower head made an annoying screaming sound unless you had it on very cold. Not a big deal since (hopefully) you don't spend all day in the shower!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Dear lfaulds,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center during your recent quick trip to Wilmington, NC. We certainly loved having you as our guest and hope that you will be able to return soon for a longer stay! Thank you, also, for taking the time to reach out to us and to other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I hope that we will always be able to provide such a stellar experience for you while you're in Wilmington, NC! Of course, while we appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, we also like to know where we could improve. I am sorry that the shower head in your guest room was not functioning properly during your stay. If you ever experience a problem during a future stay, no matter how small, please report it to my staff and they will work to immediately correct the situation. That's what we're here for!

Thank you again for your very specific compliments regarding the various aspects of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just thought I need to make a comment about this property after many stays. Pick this one! I've made reservations and I have just showed up on my visits to Wilmington....always great service and staff. I have tried others just for variety in this class of hotel...I always say to myself...shoulda stayed at Express. I have one complaint.....the hotel reeks of eggs and bacon starting around 8;30. You can't help yourself but to partake. Just do yourself a favor when picking somewhere to stay on a visit. STAY HERE. I hate I told this...don't want them to hike the great rates.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SCdittos
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Dear SCdittos,

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review describing one of your recent stays at our hotel. I appreciate the time you took to make your comments and hope that we will always be able to provide a great experience for you when you’re in Wilmington. I have passed your remarks along to our staff so that they will know that our guests recognize it when they are provided with such good service.

All of your remarks brought a smile to my face. I am so glad to hear that you are among the many who can't resist our delicious hot breakfast, and that you've tried other places only to end up coming back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We love being your "home away from home" when you're in Wilmington, NC!

Again, thank your for your very kind review. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

As with most of my Holiday Inn Express experiences, the facility was neat, quite clean and the staff were very helpful. There's just not much to add.

The Inn is centrally located, but abuts local merchant Jeff Gordon's Chevrolet dealer; Which means you better like LIGHTS! Your choice of window landscapes are either Chevy's or the rear of the local WalMart. Hopefully, you'll be staying with someone more attractive than is offered by the view out your window.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Dear Shwami,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center during your recent trip to coastal North Carolina. We also thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and to other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be very friendly and helpful! These assets are certainly cornerstones of any good hotel experience! While we appreciate knowing those things that please you, we also like to hear about areas that need our attention. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the ambient light from Jeff Gordon Chevrolet. There are black-out curtains installed in all of our guest rooms to block all of the lights from the city; I hope that you found yours during your stay with us.

I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Wilmington. If you'd like a more relaxing view from the window of your room, I would suggest a low-floor, pool-side room. If there's anything else that I can do to make a future stay even more comfortable, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here when looking at UNCW for our son and it was a pleasant surprise! The staff was warm and welcoming, the rooms very clean and centrally located. Will stay there again if he chooses UNCW!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Dear jshn1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center during your recent trip to Wilmington, NC. We appreciate that we were your hotel of choice, and we also appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I'm glad that we could provide a clean and comfortable place for you to stay while you came to visit UNCW. We'll certainly be keeping our fingers crossed that your son chooses to be a Seahawk! We're very proud of our local University and love having the opportunity to get to know UNCW students and parents throughout their college journey - all the way from official campus visits to graduation and beyond.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. If there's ever anything that I could do to make a future stay even more comfortable, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My company was making one of the largest presentations that we had made in 2 years. the customers wanted to meet in Wilmington, NC. After checking around and talking to the sales staff at the Holiday Inn Express, we chose to have it here. this was the best decision that i could have made! we brought in over 20 customers from 3 states. everything was perfect from start to finish. they helped us plan everything including different check in times, special needs, and dinner at a local resturaunt. i felt like they worked for our company! My customers were treated like royalty, erveryone raved on the hotel and every member of their staff. they went above and beyond to help us win this bid. i will never look anywhere else when i am in Wilmington or anywhere close by. Thank You Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Dear James R.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center. I am so glad to hear that our staff and our facilities made your stay such an enjoyable one! It brings me such pleasure to hear that our staff made a long-lasting impression with you and with your clients.

I hope that we will always be able to provide a great experience for you when you’re in Wilmington. I have passed your remarks along to our staff so that they will know that our guests recognize it when they are provided with such good service.

Again, thank you for your TripAdvisor review. If there is ever anything that we can do to make a future stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me personally. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.