Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center
$93
$142
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$108
$101
$91
BestWestern.com
$154
  • Pool
$139
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$110
$129
Homewood
$127
$116
All reviewsfront deskcracker barrelroom was cleanhotel is centrally locatedhousekeeping staffthe breakfast arearecommend this hotelwrightsville beachoutdoor poolnight's sleephot breakfastthe staff was greatbusiness travelfree breakfastwill stay there againone night stayyogurt
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I usually stay at another area hotel when in town, but at the last minute saw a not good review on here. I didn't want to risk it so i made a change to the Holiday Inn Express. It was actually very nice. Had a king room. It was nothing fancy, but clean and over all nice. The bathroom was large and the shower worked well. (i had recently stayed at a HIE in morehead city that had a very poor shower) so i was glad this was much better. The room had good air con, a small fridge and microwave. Over all a decent stay. No worries.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Sydneyjo25,

Thank you so much for making the switch to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center!!! We are so glad that we were able to provide you with an overall good experience and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.

I hope that you had the opportunity to interact with our phenomenal staff in addition to enjoying your room! We also have a seasonal swimming pool, an on-site 24-hour fitness center, and a deal with Gold's Gym on Racine Drive for our guests to work out free of charge. If you need any suggestions for dinner or any other Wilmington-related questions to be answered, please ask any member of our staff.

I hope that we will always be able to make you feel "at home" when you are traveling to our area! We appreciate that your first experience was so great that you took the time to share your story with other TripAdvisor members. If there's ever anything that we can do to make your stays even more enjoyable, please let our staff or management team know! We look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Jessica W. Dowell

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had to go to Wilmington last minute on a business trip and because I am a Priority Club Rewards member decided to stay at a PC hotel and chose the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. From the moment I checked in the staff made me feel at home. The rooms are very nice, the service top notch and the breakfast is outstanding. This is a great place for a business traveler, however did see quite a bit of families as well so it seems this place is a great spot for all.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlos Xavier M
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear CXM,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your recent business trip to Wilmington, NC. We appreciate that you chose our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor members.

I am so glad that our staff was able to make you feel right "at home" from the moment you walked in our door! It is always a pleasure to read that a guest's stay that has left them with a wonderful memory of our hotel.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us when you needed a hotel in Wilmington, NC. We hope to welcome you again soon to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Booked this hotel for a group of senior adults from my church for our week end in Wilmington. We had 14 rooms. When we arrived the staff was right there and took care of us right away. Everyone in my group was extremely happy with their rooms and we were scattered across the hotel. No complaints on anything. Some used the pool and said it was great, the breakfast was perfect and exactly as listed on the web sight.
I will stay there again and even bring my group back.
We couldn't have asked for a better hotel and location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear tripletsaunt,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Wilmington, NC!!! We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us with other TripAdvisor members. Thank you for your kind words about your interactions with our hotel and our staff.

We are always excited to be a part of making someone's group experience a great one!!! Wilmington is a great city to bring a group and for people to be together in - and our hotel hopes to always make our group guests feel so welcome!!!

Again, thank you for being our guest and for your wonderful review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Wilmington, NC.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was staying in Wilmington with my family for a 4 day weekend because my son was playing tournament baseball at a nearby field. Our first few nights we stayed at Baymont Inn which was utterly disgusting so we were overjoyed to see our room when we got to the Holiday Inn Express! Very nice room with comfy pillow-top beds, nice AC, and very spacious bathroom. I did feel like it was a little pricey at $150 but it was definately priced in line with other hotels in the area at the same level. There were little kids running up and down the hallway constantly which really annoyed me and I still can't believe parents let their kids do this. It's actually common everywhere I stay. I would never let my boys run wild in hotel corridors disrupting the peace of other guests but I guess that's just me? I let it go on until around 10:20p and then I called the front desk. This disruption ended immediately and I do mean immediately! I was happy and only wished I had called sooner. I just assumed they would do nothing but was pleasantly surprised by silence! Slept soooo good as the AC stayed exactly on what temperature we put it on. The breakfast was the bomb! Couldn't believe the choices they had, it was crazy and made my boys very happy! And when they ran out of one thing it was immediately restocked with fresh and hot new items. By far the best complimentary breakfast I have EVER seen in any hotel. We also received a cute little gift bag for being Premier members which was a nice little touch. The workout room looked pretty nice but we had no time to use it. I also did not see the pool at all so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear julesingeorgia,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We appreciate hearing all of the things that pleased you during your visit and I will be certain to share your comments with our staff!!!

Specifically, while I was sorry to hear that you were disturbed by unsupervised children in the hotel, I was very pleased to hear that our staff was able to immediately control hallway noise following your complaint. This is something that we strive for, and it can be especially hard for our staff to accomplish during youth sports tournaments and other high-occupancy times. We love our youth groups though, and enjoy seeing many of the same teams year after year. Also, thank you for your compliments on our breakfast buffet!!! The hot breakfast bar is a fairly recent addition to our amenities list, and it's been a big hit with almost everyone since it opened!

If you ever find yourself in the Wilmington, NC area again, I hope that you will choose to stay with us. Our hotel would love to host your family for a visit, whether it's sports-related or just for the beach or other area attractions! We look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites!

Jessica W. Dowell

Reviewed July 1, 2011

The check-in agent welcomed me as a Priority Club member with a choice of gifts (I chose popcorn). The room was modern and clean, just what you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. My experience with this chain is that of a reasonably consistent level of quality with no unpleasant surprises.
A complaint I have with most hotels is over-the-top air conditioning. The room was so sold we turned off the noisy window AC unit immediately, and it took all evening for the room to come to a reasonable temperature for sleeping. There was also a noisy fridge.
The breakfast was OK, but there was no hot cereal and the biscuits were tough.
We went to Wrightsville Beach for fabulous seafood at the King Neptune restaurant. There really isn’t anything around the hotel’s suburban industrial location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heikermeister
WilmingtonNC1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Hikermeister,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences with others and are glad to hear that you had a mostly positive experience with our hotel. (I also am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to experience some of Wrightsville Beach's famous seafood!)

While we enjoy knowing the things that please you, we also are aware of the importance of recognizing and correcting the things that did not. I am sorry that your guest room's HVAC system was set to a level that was too cold for your comfort. I also apologize that your experience with our hot breakfast bar was not as pleasant as it should have been.

We would love to have the chance to welcome you again to Wilmington and to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Please contact our hotel directly at (910) 392-3227 prior to making your next reservation and we will make a note in your file about what temperature you prefer your room to be ready at. Thank you, again, for your review of our property on TripAdvisor!