“My experience here is wonderful.”

Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Pittsburgh
“My experience here is wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2007

I can't believe what I've read in the earlier reviews of this hotel. I am currently in the middle of a two-week stay here and I have found this facility to be nothing short of terrific. Our room is beautiful, spacious, very clean and has one of the finest beds and pillows I've ever slept on. The desk staff is friendly and informative, as is the breakfast staff. The housekeeping staff is non-intrusive if you want them to be, and friendly. The hotel is pet friendly but does not resemble a kennel in any way. Free newspapers in the morning, great restaurants nearby, and free dinners (social hours) Mondays through Thursdays in the hotel's dining area. Plus the entire facility is smoke free! I don't care if the other reviewers are so disappointed that they stay away, I'll be staying here everytime I to come to the area.

• Liked — Great bed in clean spacious room.
  • Disliked — GE Appliances
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank InterstateTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2007

Stayed here for a quick weekend trip to Wrightsville Beach with my wife. It wasn't a bad experience, but nothing made it all that special either. I will agree, as some other reviews have stated, there wasn't much of a warm welcome. The staff seems more interested in getting your money and getting you out of their way than they are in welcoming you and being friendly...although they were at least nice enough to find a room so we could do early check-in. They weren't very helpful with the local area either, I asked if they had any maps or area information and what I got was a Xeroxed copy what looked to be a map copied right out of the phone book then they shoed me away. The other major turn off was that the A/C sounded like a generator when it kicked on and off, and there wasn't a way to adjust it so that the fan would run all night. On the other hand, the free buffet breakfast was wonderful...food was great quality! The rooms were clean and the pool area was clean and appeared to be well taken care of. The hotel was quiet and is only a 5 minute drive to Wrightsville Beach.

If you can pay the extra money to stay at the beach and not have to worry about finding parking when you get there, then I would recommend it. But if you are on a budget but still looking for a comfortable place to stay with relatively quick access to the beach and surrounding area, then I have no problem recommending the hotel...just don't expect them to role out the welcome wagon!

• Liked — Breakfast and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Staff interaction
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mathias1979
Cary,NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2006

I am a rewards member for Marriott . This location doesnot have the same quality of service that you expect from a Marriott brand.
I have been there three separate times and have yet to have the front desk show any hospitality by smiling or a warm greeting. This may be because they are focused on seeing a driver's licence and credit card instead of being hospitable. I also experienced a problem with housekeeping waking me up at 9am ,11am,and telephoned my room at 11:30am. This is after I notified the front desk the night before that I was planning a late check out . I ask to speak to a manager and a man came to the desk and try to convince me that they cannot control
their internal communication process. He would not take ownership of the problem or any adjustment to my bill.
Before I left, I looked at the business cards for managers and noticed they all had female names .He could not produce a business card.
So I have been lied to,robbed of a night's rest,and did not get a value for what I spent.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff with no soft skills such as hospitality
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't use this facility
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Longsuffering1
Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2006

reseved a one bedroom suite so we could put our 14 month old to bed while the rest of the family watched TV. Our room was not available when we arrived at 9o'clock pm. We were offered a standard room but we needed the one bedroom suite. No management was available until the next morning. They ended up finding us a suite at another hotel-Mainstay Suites- which turned out to be a very accomodating hotel. I called the manger at Residence Inn the next morning (since she never called me back as promised) to arrange to come back there but found her attitude and willingness to compensate us for our troubles to be poor. If you reserve a room at this Residence Inn, hope your luck is better than mine.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management, reserverd room not available
  • Tips/Secrets — don,t reserve a room and expect to get it
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank whippersnapper
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2006

We were excited to stay at this hotel - a category 4 for Marriott Users. The hotel was not in great shape - the room was not very clean and looked like it needed some repairs and touchup. Our son's sofa bed was covered with crumbs when we took the couch cushions off and the mattress was stained. On the bedside table, someone had spilled a soda and the bottom of the phone, lamp and alarm clock were not cleaned and sticky. The air conditioning vent is above the bed and blew freezing air on you when it kicked on - it was also very loud. The breakfast was good - both hot and cold food. We did not use the pool. One benefit was in the lobby - they had a computer kiosk where you could search for restaurants and local attractions and print directions to the places. This hotel is definitely the nicest part of Wilmington - very safe and lots of restaurants around.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Snus95
Washington D.C.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2006

I booked one month in advance for a one bedroom suite and when I arrived they gave me an efficiency for handicapped people. The shower is set low and you have to scrunch down to shower. I asked to speak to their General Manager, but she did not bother to get back to me. When I came back to the room after a day out, the bedsheets were dirty, there was no salt or sugar left in the kitchen and the dishwasher had dirty dishes in it and did not work. I again called and asked for the General Manager and was told she was in bed sleeping. I told the receptionist that I do not pay for the room because the service was terrible and she threatened to call the police and have me evicted! The money for the hotel had already been withdrawn from my bank! I am a customer who Marriott call "preferred" and this is the treatment I got from a franchised property for $200 a night. NEVER STAY IN THAT HOTEL.

• Liked — They allow pets
  • Disliked — Poor management and don't care attitude
  • Tips/Secrets — Look for other hotels in the area
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank kbanders
Hyde Park, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

This hotel is amazing. The people there are so sweet and helpful, they make you feel right at home. I would reccommend this place to anyone who is planning to visit Wilmington. It is like 5 minutes from most stores, about 15 minutes from the screen gems studio tour, and dowtown Wilmington is not even 10 minutes away. This is the best hotel I have stayed in so far. I had a slight problem with my room key not working but as soon as I brought it to their attention they appologized and fixed it staright away. They offer complimentary breakfasts where you can choose from make your own or premade dishes. They have a waffle/pancake station where you can choose which you would like to make your self or you can go to the ready made section and take from the hot bins they have set up. They have a fresh fruit station, cereal bin, juice machine, coffe machine where they supply you with flavored creamers or regular creamers. The coffee area is open 24/7 which was especially nice when my friend and I left at 11:30pm to drive all the way back to NY, very helpful! Our room had a cooking range and a refridgerator. Not stocked but kept everything we put in their very cold. The room had 2 beds, and a pull out couch, very spacious and comfortable.

• Liked — The fact that they make everyone feel comfortable.
  • Disliked — I had a room with a back tree area view.
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with friends