“Disappointment”

Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We were excited to stay at this hotel - a category 4 for Marriott Users. The hotel was not in great shape - the room was not very clean and looked like it needed some repairs and touchup. Our son's sofa bed was covered with crumbs when we took the couch cushions off and the mattress was stained. On the bedside table, someone had spilled a soda and the bottom of the phone, lamp and alarm clock were not cleaned and sticky. The air conditioning vent is above the bed and blew freezing air on you when it kicked on - it was also very loud. The breakfast was good - both hot and cold food. We did not use the pool. One benefit was in the lobby - they had a computer kiosk where you could search for restaurants and local attractions and print directions to the places. This hotel is definitely the nicest part of Wilmington - very safe and lots of restaurants around.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Snus95
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall

Reviewed August 10, 2006

I booked one month in advance for a one bedroom suite and when I arrived they gave me an efficiency for handicapped people. The shower is set low and you have to scrunch down to shower. I asked to speak to their General Manager, but she did not bother to get back to me. When I came back to the room after a day out, the bedsheets were dirty, there was no salt or sugar left in the kitchen and the dishwasher had dirty dishes in it and did not work. I again called and asked for the General Manager and was told she was in bed sleeping. I told the receptionist that I do not pay for the room because the service was terrible and she threatened to call the police and have me evicted! The money for the hotel had already been withdrawn from my bank! I am a customer who Marriott call "preferred" and this is the treatment I got from a franchised property for $200 a night. NEVER STAY IN THAT HOTEL.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kbanders
Reviewed August 3, 2006

This hotel is amazing. The people there are so sweet and helpful, they make you feel right at home. I would reccommend this place to anyone who is planning to visit Wilmington. It is like 5 minutes from most stores, about 15 minutes from the screen gems studio tour, and dowtown Wilmington is not even 10 minutes away. This is the best hotel I have stayed in so far. I had a slight problem with my room key not working but as soon as I brought it to their attention they appologized and fixed it staright away. They offer complimentary breakfasts where you can choose from make your own or premade dishes. They have a waffle/pancake station where you can choose which you would like to make your self or you can go to the ready made section and take from the hot bins they have set up. They have a fresh fruit station, cereal bin, juice machine, coffe machine where they supply you with flavored creamers or regular creamers. The coffee area is open 24/7 which was especially nice when my friend and I left at 11:30pm to drive all the way back to NY, very helpful! Our room had a cooking range and a refridgerator. Not stocked but kept everything we put in their very cold. The room had 2 beds, and a pull out couch, very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I'm a Platinum member, and this hotel would not let me use a Category Four Marriott Rewards Certificate for one of my two nights I tried to book. The reason given, after being put on hold three times was that they could not process the certificate for a one bedroom, only a studio, and they had no studios available for the dates I needed, but they had one bedrooms available. Uh, Wrong. The certificate clearly states studio or one bedroom at a Residence Inn or TownPlace Suites. To top it off, the price difference was a whopping $5. Clearly a management issue - Platinum membership carried no weight at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank deedub77
Reviewed October 22, 2005

Based on some of the past postings, I thought I was staying at an above average hotel. WRONG---had I checked all the info when I was making my reservations, I would have noticed somewhere in the hotel description that this was a pet friendly hotel. I love dogs, but not yapping at 7am for thirty minutes straight while the guest in that room where enjoying a yummy hot breakfast. The breakfast is good and the some of the front desk staff where pleasant. As far a cleanliness, when I got in the shower, it smelled of urine (come on people, quit peein in the showers-you know who you are). And there was mildew on the shower walls and around the hand rail in the shower. The closet door track was full of gunk and when I opened the window to let fresh air in the next morning, the window sills where filthy. The hotel is in a good location as far as good places to eat and Wrightsville Beach. Lots and Lots of shopping in the area. Just make sure you specify you want the room away from the pets and take clorox to clean the showers.-Have a nice Trip, Wilmington is a beautiful city...

4  Thank sethis1
Reviewed August 5, 2005

Scheduled a last minute trip to Wilmington, NC where we use to live some 18 years ago. Wow, has the place ever changed! Decided not to stay on the beach at Wrightsville, really too $$$. Residence Inn at Landfall was perfect actually, and did not detract from our stay in the least. We were close enough to restaurants and shopping and could get around town easily. It only took us 5-10 minutes to get to the beach, depending on traffic. We left for the beach early each morning before 10 am. Best to arrive early to find good public beach access parking. The hotel had a great complimentary breakfast each morning, just short of made-to-order, staff was friendly and quick to take care of any and all customer needs. The hotel was clean and well kept. Can't say enough about the accomodations or staff. Free wireless internet access was a plus, especially with a 15 year old needing to keep up with friends back home. We had a studio unit which had a full refrigerator, dishwasher, two-burner stove etc. Didn't use any of that, but it was nice and spacious and a small family of 3 or 4 (with a true one bedroom) could easily stay there a week and eat in from time to time to save $$. We'll surely consider returning for another stay at the Residence Inn Landfall in Wilmington.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank cgbeeson
A TripAdvisor Member
Wingate, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2005

I stayed at the Landfall Inn on April 15th thru the 17th for my birthday and this was by far the best hotel that I have ever been to. It was clean, the management was more than helpful, and the rooms were very spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great hotel to stay in.

Stayed: April 2005