“Unreal”

Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“Unreal”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel is a great location! Right across the street are plenty of shops, places to eat, etc. All of the staff I encountered are on their game. Always smiling, friendly, and happy to help with directions and making your stay as enjoyable as they can. The pool and hot tub were clean and I relaxed for hours poolside. Rick, and the rest of the staff at Residence Inn are indeed remarkable. I have stayed there twice so far, and will continue to come back. The beds are to die for. You sink right into the sheets. Rooms are incredibly clean, as well as the kitchen and bathrooms. I enjoyed a room with a balcony my first stay, and for the second stay, it wasnt available. Having spent my time in two different style rooms, the quality was still unsurpassable. Breakfast was okay and Wrightsville beach is about 1/2 mile away! I highly recommend this hotel if your solo or traveling with friends or family. Its just perfect.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chyna69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
durham, nc
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Pros: Everything!
Cons: Depending on the direction of travel, may be a little hard to find because of the divided road, its small sign, and its location behind other buildings.

The Details.
This hotel is entirely non-smoking, is excellently maintained, is beautifully appointed, and is expertly managed by friendly staff. Our studio was spacious with kitchenette, living area, sleeping area, and bathing area. The room was spotlessly clean without the all-to-frequent, pungent hotel cleaner aroma. The airconditioning system is whisper quiet.

Check-in/out was fast and efficient.

Breakfast is superb with hot eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, plus all the other cold ingredients. They have real plates and real tableware in addition to the plastic variety. This was a welcome change from the usual. The breakfast area is serviced by a couple of people who actually offer to pick up your things after you finish. Happy hour in the late afternoon is another treat. A small bar is available also for evening drinks.

Excellent location next to the shops at the Forum, a short drive to the beach, and a slightly longer drive to downtown Wilmington. A very quiet location.

This is a superb choice for short or long stays in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area.

Room Tip: The studio is worth the small additional cost.
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I chose this hotel based on it being a pet-friendly hotel with good reviews on multiple websites. I was traveling with my husband, my friend, & my dog. We got a 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. One queen bed is in the bedroom, the other is in the living area. There was a flat panel TV in the living area, & a tube TV in the bedroom. You can also rent a DVD player for $5 per night, which we did. The full kitchen was great & saved us a lot of money while we were there. The hotel is also right next door to Lovey's Natural Market/Cafe which has a great buffet & outdoor seating that allows dogs, so we ate there a few times as well. Everyone who worked at the hotel that we came into contact with was very nice & friendly. The hotel also has a fitness room which my husband used, & a laundry room which was very useful since we were away from home for 11 days total (including the time it took us to drive to Wilmington). We had only one small problem with our reservation, I had requested a feather-free room, but my friend's bed in the living area still had feather pillows on it. I would also like to recommend that they add recycling bins either to the rooms or somewhere on the property. I am a pretty environmentally-friendly person, I always recycle when I can. By the end of our trip we had 2 very full bags of recycling saved up. Luckily Lovey's next door has recycling bins behind their store, because we really did not want to have to throw all that recycling out or drive back to Tucson, AZ with it in our car! Overall the hotel, the rooms, & the staff were wonderful. If we go back to Wilmington we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stayed here twice in as many months. It's a solid choice. Cleanliness is well above average and staff at check-in, check-out, and breakfast are very cordial and attentive. This is a pet friendly hotel that offers non-pet rooms. So far my first choice when returning to the Wilmington area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBooster
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Our stay was a very enjoyable experience. Every employee was friendly and helpfull. The room was very well taken care of, very clean and had everything we needed. The location was very convienent between Wilmington downtown and the beaches and also had more than adequate shopping and restaurants very close by.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and found the rooms to be very convenient, spacious, well-maintained and clean. Every staff member we encountered was helpful and friendly - exactly what we expect from a Marriott branded property. The room rate was very competitive - we stayed in a two-bedroom suite for less than $150 per night!

While the hotel may seem a bit far from the Downtown and historic areas, Willmington is so easy to get around that the few extra miles out of town were no obstacle at all. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we go back to Willmington.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I was a long term guest from July 2009 through May 2010, also with may short stays from May 2000 to current stay. These were a combination of business and personal/leisure/relaxation visits. The Residence Inn Landfall is an extremely well managed property, starting with the GM Dan and AGM Dean who with their entire hotel staff are all very friendly, and pay close attention to every detail to ensure that each guest has a very enjoyable stay. The hotel team makes you feel very comfortable, they are very attentive and responsive to any quests requests. The rooms are spacious, clean, have full kitchen accomodations, and flat screen televisions. They are also pet friendly, with awalking area out back. Another important consideration, the Residence Inn is located in a very safe part of the city, with the hotel providing a very safe and comfortable environment. The lobby and breakfast/dining room complete with pantry were recently renovated and upgraded which add some extra sparkle.
The Residence Inn also offers free internet, parking and a really good breakfast. It is located very conveniently just across from Mayfaire and adjacent to The Forum which are two of the prime shopping, retail, and restaurant areas of Wilmington. The Forum and Mayfaire have many specialty shops, boutiques, hair salons,day spas, and children variety stores. There is also a bicycle and walking pathway very close to the front of the hotel.
Marriott branded hotels offer very good value. I have stayed at each Marriott Brand and generally prefer the Residence Inn, with the Residence Inn at Landfall clearly one of the best!
I would very much recommend this hotel when planning a visit to this very scenic section of southeastern Notrth Carolina.
Terrific work Dan,Dean & Staff!! I thoroughly enjoyed my home away from home experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business