“Outstanding place with a peaceful country feel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamston
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Williamston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Outstanding place with a peaceful country feel”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Each room has it own character. I can wake up to the sound of birds and at night a beautiful view of the stars. Reminds me of visiting my Grandfathers place when I was young but has wireless access and nice view out every window. Great place for the business traveler. I love to being my wife along for businesses trips here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank martinbrossman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Quiet, affordable, clean, nice room and breakfast. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I visit three or more bed & breakfast Inns every year. Undoubtedly Big Mill Bed & Breakfast in Williamston, NC, is the nicest Bed & Breakfast we have every visited. From the time we pulled into the drive to the time we had to leave, we enjoyed every minute of our stay! The large ponds and farm grounds provided a great place to explore and the open area of the barn gave a great place to hand out and enjoy a cozy fire in the fireplace.
Our room was the perfect mixture of comfort with original features from the barn kept in the design. Beautiful, historic and with all the modern comforts of home! The wonderful breakfast was provided in a way that met our schedule – allowing us to sleep in late after enjoying a late night at the Carolina Country Stampede in Williamston, N.C.
We already have reservations for a return visit!

Room Tip: Chloe gave us a tour of the rooms. They are all nice. We stayed in the barn, which has a great ope...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I'm actually writing this review on our last evening here as my husband draws our daughter a bath in the wonderful Packhouse suite where we're staying. The ambience of the house is idyllic with all the touches you'd hope for: plump down feather pillows, comfortable throws, ambient lighting for reading, a big hammock outside to swing in, fresh baked cakes and fruit every day. Just bliss. I'm sad even thinking about leaving this wonderful place tomorrow evening to head back to the big smoke of London. I hear the buzz of crickets chirping and am sitting outside this beautiful farm after taking the last breakfast tray of fresh baked breads and homemade yoghurt from Chloe. We've spent 3 nights here and could have stayed much longer. It's a quiet little town so prepare to relax and unwind with Chole's genuine hospitality. Nothing was too much trouble and we've all felt totally relaxed and at home here. Not often the case with an active 1 1/2 year old in tow!!! The wi-fi connection was a little sporatic but I'm actually ashamed that I'm even concerned about that. Thanks for everything Chloe and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2011

What a wonderful place! Chloe's hospitality was exceptional, even down to putting air in our tires for us when we unexpectedly found a low tire alarm and no air at the gas stations in town. She's prepared for anything! A great cook too! I'm even recommending the inn for my son's upcoming honeymoon...

Room Tip: The Mardi Gras Suite was nicer than even expected!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed August 3, 2011

What can I says other than we throughly enjoyed our 1 night stay at ithe Big Mill B&B. Chloe was terrific to deal with and so knowledgable and helpful. We all enjoyed the Mardi Gras room as it was so spacious and comfortable.

The breakfast was heavenly

We'll be back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We just returned from an absolutely lovely weekend at Big Mill. Looking to get out of town for a few days, my husband and I booked a few days in the Corn Crib... and are so glad that we discovered this special spot.

The property is absolutely beautiful, with charming farm buildings scattered across well-maintained grounds. There are Adirondack chairs, wrought iron seating, and hammocks placed around the area-- even an intimate sitting area set up beneath a grape trellis illuminated with tiny white Christmas lights. It seems that there is a special place to talk, read, dream, and share a picnic everywhere you look.

Chloe prepares an outstanding Continental breakfast and delivers it to your room each evening. During our stay, the breakfast included some combination of fresh fruit, homemade breads, granola, jams, quiche, Greek yogurt, and a thermos of orange juice and milk. We loved the convenience of having our own miniature kitchen in the room and took advantage of it each day by preparing our own wine and cheese picnics which we enjoyed in our room and outside at night.

The Corn Crib is an intimate little hideaway and with its overstuffed chair-and-a-half, two-person countertop seating in the kitchen, and queen bed, it's absolutely perfect for the couple who loves to spend time together. We're looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamston
Hampton Inn Williamston
#3 of 3 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville
#1 of 22 in Greenville

Been to Big Mill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!