Holiday Inn Express Williamston
Quality Inn(Washington)
$73
QualityInn
HotelQuickly
All reviewsfront deskthe outer banksprior to arrivalag centerthe rooms were niceroom was largespecial thankssmall towna wonderful staynice place to stayhiehousekeeper
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed about a week ago here. I complained to the company because it was so bad. I even sent in a complaint to Holiday Inn Express. We checked in around 6:30 p.m. on a Friday. I booked the hotel primarily because of the pool and hot tub. I was told the pool filter wasn't working. When I said, that's o.k., at least I have the hot tub he said that isn't working either. I was ticked, but I figured I'd look on my phone for another hotel...Guess what, Wi-Fi didn't work. So I went to the lobby computer, guess what, didn't work...In fact the mouse only went to the left. My wife went to get ice on our floor once we had checked in...guess what, was out of order. We decided to go Ribeyes Steakhouse next door. Good food, but overpriced. When we came back, the front lobby guy tells me our dog was barking while we were gone. I thought that's strange because he just sleeps when we leave and have never had a problem. He then proceeds to tell me that he knocked on the door and he wouldn't stop barking...Dog owners can laugh now as anyone with a brain could tell you if you knock on a door with a dog on the other side of it, the dog will bark. PLUS this guy saw us leave to go to dinner! At this point I had had it. I went to the front office and asked if this was corporate or a franchise. He told me it was a franchise and that the owner was "Mr. Patel." I told him how upset I was. So he gives me an "upgrade" to a suite with a whirlpool in room 221. Guess what? SOMEONE WAS ALREADY IN THAT ROOM! I go downstairs and he says sorry about that, it should have been 321! We go to the new room and go to bed around 11:00 p.m. at 3:40 a.m. I wake up to the sound of the card clicking/door opening..I was a little freaked out, but wanted to make sure it wasn't just my imagination. When I went to the door, the top lock (thank God was on) was pushed out...someone did try to come in...with a card. In the morning we went downstairs for breakfast....Guess what? Pancake maker was broken. Then I take our son to the lobby bathroom and guess what....that was broken too! I will be putting up some of the pictures I took with my phone of this hotel, but in summary, if you want to experience a hotel with a green/broken hot tub, broken pool, broken ice machines, broken bathrooms, broken pancake makers, Wi-Fi that doesn't work, and people trying to enter your room than this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Steve E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Steve E,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and provide the best experience possible.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the troubles you had with our pool, hot tub and bathroom. Additionally, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with your room. We deeply regret the poor experience and dissatisfaction you had during your visit.

Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very unprofessional for clerks to make fun of customer in front of other customers after he leaves. Especially when issue was their fault. I ignored the comments while I was being checked in. Our room door was open when we arrived and smelled strongly of cigarettes. I asked for another room. This one smelled like a vets office with disinfectant spray. The refrigerator wouldn't close and the entire inside looked like a snow cave. The inside top of the microwave had so much old food spatter it was unappealing. The shampoo and lotion bottles were half used. Other than that the hotel was ok for one night. Wouldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank harlylena
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear harlylena,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

So I booked this hotel on my favorite hotel website "hotwire" and got it for $80 per night(we stayed 2) instead of the $100 on Holiday Inn's website. I still believe the rate was way to high for the area but it was what it was. So we get there around 3:30(check in is 3) and the clerk tells us that the rooms were not ready yet and to wait an extra half hour! When we finally got our room it had no microwave or fridge. The size of the bedroom and bathroom was accommodating though. If your looking for a decent complimentary breakfast your not going to get it here and when we finally were about to check out we saw a paper underneath our door with a $146.00 charge!. I had to go to the clerk again and he explained it was a bill to hotwire that was not meant for us and we were never suppose to see it. I must say I will never go here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jazzy D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Jazzy D,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the over-all issues you had during stay and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We travel every other weekend with our daughter who plays travel softball. We spend our time in hotels on the weekend as much as we spend at home so, with that being said I have NEVER had my credit card ran twice for a room until last weekend at the Holiday Inn in Williamston NC! I've made several phone calls about this situation and everytime I talk with someone I get the run around. Now, I'm being told it could take awhile to show up, give it a week or so and call back if I don't see my extra 100 + dollars add back. Unacceptable, it took a matter of 10 seconds to make the mistake and I have to sit back and wait a week or so to see if it was taking care of or not.
I don't mind at all paying for the extra amenities that are are advertized when they work! One reason we picked this hotel is the pool. It was very hot that weekend we stayed and the girls after playing ball all day just wanted to jump into the pool. We were very upset when we got to the hotel to check in and realized the pool was closed. We got into our room and the fridge was not working. Went to take a shower and the shampoo and soap had not be replaced in our room. The next morning we took several girls down for breakfest before Sunday's softball games just to find out the waffle machine wasn't working.
I have never complained about a hotel before but, as a whole I was very disappointed! I feel like the price for the room was a bit much after finding out all the things that were out of order but then to be charged twice and not to have a answer on if it was credited back or not is very bad customer service!
Beverley Barnes

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beverley B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Beverley B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We value you as our guest and we are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and were not satisfied with the service that you received. We have sent you a private message regarding your review.

Zelyn N

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was visiting Williamston because of the death of a family member. I really enjoyed my stay there, the young lady who was attending the front desk was very nice and polite, she greeted me and thanked me for being a Priority Club member she even gave me a upgrade without me asking. I would recommend this motel for travelers passing bye.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Wiley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

steve c
The staff would like to say sorry for your loss.Thank you for taking the time out to submit a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We looking forward to you staying with us again in the near future.