“Aggravated!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Williamston
Newport, North Carolina, United States
“Aggravated!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We travel every other weekend with our daughter who plays travel softball. We spend our time in hotels on the weekend as much as we spend at home so, with that being said I have NEVER had my credit card ran twice for a room until last weekend at the Holiday Inn in Williamston NC! I've made several phone calls about this situation and everytime I talk with someone I get the run around. Now, I'm being told it could take awhile to show up, give it a week or so and call back if I don't see my extra 100 + dollars add back. Unacceptable, it took a matter of 10 seconds to make the mistake and I have to sit back and wait a week or so to see if it was taking care of or not.
I don't mind at all paying for the extra amenities that are are advertized when they work! One reason we picked this hotel is the pool. It was very hot that weekend we stayed and the girls after playing ball all day just wanted to jump into the pool. We were very upset when we got to the hotel to check in and realized the pool was closed. We got into our room and the fridge was not working. Went to take a shower and the shampoo and soap had not be replaced in our room. The next morning we took several girls down for breakfest before Sunday's softball games just to find out the waffle machine wasn't working.
I have never complained about a hotel before but, as a whole I was very disappointed! I feel like the price for the room was a bit much after finding out all the things that were out of order but then to be charged twice and not to have a answer on if it was credited back or not is very bad customer service!
Beverley Barnes

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beverley B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Beverley B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We value you as our guest and we are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and were not satisfied with the service that you received. We have sent you a private message regarding your review.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
statesboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was visiting Williamston because of the death of a family member. I really enjoyed my stay there, the young lady who was attending the front desk was very nice and polite, she greeted me and thanked me for being a Priority Club member she even gave me a upgrade without me asking. I would recommend this motel for travelers passing bye.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wiley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
steve c
The staff would like to say sorry for your loss.Thank you for taking the time out to submit a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We looking forward to you staying with us again in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

As an IHG Employee, the property was no doubt up to standards. Beautiful hotel. I did witness the manger "attacking" an employee. Even went as far as throwing off his sports coat and trying to engage the employee in an physical altercation. Everyone in the breakfast area overheard the altercation, and this is not professional at all. Keep it professional Paris.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank slowpoke24
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear slowpoke24,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us and if your stay was negatively affected by the customer service from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

When reviewing a property like this that has a good to excellent circle rating and many reviews, what do I say that hasn’t already been said many times before? For me, what I look for in this circumstance is the most recent reviews to see whether the property continues to earn positive reviews. Therefore I’ll provide this summary review.

When traveling, I look for places that are four to five circles in “trip advisor”, that are reasonably priced for the area, that offer a free breakfast and have free wireless internet service. This property met those conditions. We were greeted nicely and offered an upgrade to a suite for no additional charge because we are members of their priority club. Everything about our experience was very satisfactory. The internet connectivity and quality was very good. A fine breakfast was offered. We can confirm the positive comments in other reviews and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Check in went smooth, room was great, bill was correct. Slept like a baby. Service was polite and helpful. This is how it should be! What more can you ask?

Will be travelling to this area frequently on business and will be utilising this hotel for my stays. Please keep me happy!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked a room at this hotel on our return trip from the coast. Glad we did. Would not have known it was here if we did not go to eat at Ribeyes when we were in town and stayed at another hotel.

Room was good, service was very professional and hotel was beautiful. Very pretty grounds.
The best part, great ribeye steak from the restaurant behind the hotel, glad it was close as we drank too much!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel TWICE this month due to our horse being in local shows. Having NEVER been to Williamston before, I was told by other show folks that this hotel would give us discounted room rates and they were PET FRIENDLY. They are convenient to the show grounds, so I took the time to research rooms before booking 2 rooms for myselfy and my trainer. Our first visit was ok, and I paid for suites, not just standard rooms. I was charged pet fees of $55 per night. Our rooms were on the top floor which was difficult for taking our dogs outside so I wanted to make sure I made my reservations early, and asked for a BIGGER suite on the ground floor for the NEXT show weekend. The room was GREAT because it was right beside the side exit door but for the additional cost and then to have over $100 of pet fees slapped on the room charges PER night was a bit much! I have 4 dogs, all small who travel frequently with me to hotels ( even 5 star hotels!), and I have NEVER been charged this much money in pet fees! I complained to management but they refused to reduce the charges! Our total bill was over $500 for 2 nights at an AVERAGE hotel! I EVEN requested NO maid service was necessary during our stay! Also, we paid for ANOTHER room for our horse trainer! BEWARE pet owners, this hotel will stick it to you in pet fees if you are honest and TRY to be a responsive pet owner! I will NOT be giving this hotel my business again!

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor suite near an exit door 101 was a good choice for us & our dogs!