“Had a great stay during a stressful time , staff was excellent”

Hampton Inn Williamston
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williamston
Stow, Ohio
“Had a great stay during a stressful time , staff was excellent”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Was more than pleased with the entire time we were here. It made a bad time with family issues more tolerable. The girls at the desk were great. We had to change from a 3 day stay to 5 days and they made sure we had all our bases covered . The rooms were nice , bathrooms were fine and the always hot coffee in the lobby was a bonus with the longs days we had while in the area.
The breakfast room was open from 6 to 10 am and made it easy for us to grab food no matter what the days plans called for.
All in all I'd challenge anyone to find better accommodations in the area.

Having lived in the region I'd use only the Country Inn and Suites in Rocky Mount or Hampton Inn in Williamston when we are back in this area. Both are excellent.
Its easy off and on at 17 exit off 64 , right up 17 there is a plaza with a Walmart , KFC and nearby across street a Pizza Hut and DQ .

Years and years ago we stayed at the Inn at Moratoc when it was a Holiday Inn and had no surprises. We ALMOST made that mistake this stay but changed to the Hampton when we saw the conditions at the other place.

Room Tip: we had a room on the school side and got great sleep , never heard any noise from the roads
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Suwanee GA
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I thought had a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Washington NC. When I arrived, the clerk asked for my confirmation number, which I did not have. She was not helpful in helping me look up my confirmation, access my HHonors account or anything else, and when I pointed it out she had the nerve to ARGUE WITH ME. This location took me in with no problem, I had a short but good night but there are training issues with Hampton Inn desk clerks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank James S
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The new lobby was very nice and the beds were comfortable. The desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful. The heater in the room was very loud, but it quieted down once I changed the setting. The location of the hotel was in a nice and secluded area which made for a very quiet stay even on the 1st floor of the hotel. We didn't hear very much noise at all. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Only spent one night b/c we were in the area to attend a funeral. We were very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is easily accessible to HWY 17 & 64. There is a gas station w/ a Subway sandwich shop --how convenient ! I booked the hotel directly --got a better rate than the internet. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is modern, very clean and nicely decorated. A coffee bar is available on first floor 24/7.
Our spacious room ( w/ king sz bed) was very clean and fresh smelling. It had a flat screen tv, desk, microwave, refrigerator, sleeper sofa, and comfy bed w/ white linen. The white duvet covers on the bed are washed every time for next guest.
The room had lots of huge mirrors--there was a closet behind one of the huge mirrors.
The bathroom had all needed amenities/toiletries incl. night light & Neutrogena soap. I like using a brand of soap that I recognize :)
Lastly the hotel has meeting room and complimentary breakfast bar.
We visit the Williamston area often--if the need arises- I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Western PA
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My experience with this location can be summed up in one word: poor. I had occasion to make a reservation here, but somehow managed to stay at the one in Washington, NC. Not until getting my bill did I realize the mistake and that this location had charged me anyways.

I contacted the location and was told because I was a "no show" I had been charged and it would not be refunded. I explained the mistake, but that I had stayed at a Hampton Inn so the chain was out nothing. I was given a litany of excuses about I should have called Hilton to confirm my reservation number since it was different when I checked in and the different locations can't see each other's reservations. Ya, after working and driving for 12 hours I need to call for the hotel to confirm something because their inferior system can't. Uh, no.

I then called Hilton customer care and worked with them for a week. They thought they could get the Hampton Inn in Williamston to cooperate, but after a week seemed rather put off when reading through the notes, so I can imagine the greed must have been evident. Hilton corporate was kind enough to refund my overcharge, and all ended well.

The bottom line is I went to the wrong place. But also Hampton Inn/Hilton was out no money because of it since I still stayed at a Hampton. It saddens me that the greed of this location overpowers their customer service mindset. If this is any indication of how they view their business, I am better off having not stayed there, and would recommend others avoid it as well.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank A_Traveling_Man32773
Summerfield, NC, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I enjoyed my stay away from home. The room was very comfortable with a fresh smell. The breakfast was delicious. All staff was very helpful. When I realized I'd lost my receipt I called and they immediately emailed my a copy. I would definitely stay with this hotel chain again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Shohola, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean. Internet service worked as advertised. The king bed room was spacious enough and the bathroom was tidy and had the usual amenities. Coffee is available around the clock which is a plus for those of us who burn the midnight oil. Breakfast was ok and the free travel brown bag with a water & snacks is a plus for us road traveling warriors.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamston
Holiday Inn Express Williamston
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Plymouth
Best Western Plus Suites-Greenville

Been to Hampton Inn Williamston? Share your experiences!