“I want to like it...”

Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Williamston
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Wife and I spent about $73 on two steak meals and a mixed drink each. This seems a bit expensive but had the meal and service been top notch I could have forgiven it. However, our party at the time was large (9 people), so we waited over an hour to be seated and nobody EVER came to even ask if we were all together much less communicate to us at all. We were then shown to a back (empty!!!) room. We then waited some fifteen minutes for the drink order to be taken. Another fifteen or more to GET said drinks and then almost thirty minutes to take our dinner order. I ordered an 8oz medium and got it well done. I'm ok with that personally but for the price I expect it to be spot on. Also, they ONLY sell the one cut of steak apparently which I find rather boggling seeing as it's a steak house *shrug* It then took a very long time to get refills of even soda or water for our table. Oh and those mixed drinks were basically fruit juice that someone waved in front of a liquor bottle. I think a 12oz bottle of Bud has more booze in it than our mixed ($7) drinks had!!

Overall, I really wanted to love this place. My standards aren't even terribly high. But, if you're going to charge this much for the food it should be a top notch experience IMO. We will sadly not be going back there until they get their wait staff on the ball. Train them to handle large crowds. Which, you'd think they'd be pros at seeing as this place only does dinner, I think they're only open from 6-11 IIRC? So, you KNOW they get a big push all the time.

1  Thank Tim B

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been to many steak houses in my time ranging from average to sensational. This one ranges on a scale of 1 to 10 as a -5. Here's my experience:

1) I ordered a 10 ounce medium ribeye steak that came out with no pink at all. Its like the cook just forgot the steak on the stove. It was charged to the point all I could taste was burnt embers. I did not ask for a well done steak.

2) Service was very slow and not pleasant. Please refill my drink with out me having to ask repeatedly.

3) The cook was the scrufiest looking chef I have ever seen. I am used to cooks being properly dressed and presented. This one just seemed dirty and unwashed. I am sorry but you really have to have seen what came out to me and asked how I would like my steak cooked.

For my experience, the mess up of the steak and absolute lack of professional and courteous service and the apparent lack of hygenic chef, I have rated this restaurant a one star.

I do not do this lightly but please, after spending in excess of $45 I expect more.

2  Thank Jim S
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place was delicious - and their daily specials made it a steal. The staff was incredibly friendly, and despite the fact that I was eating alone, they made me feel very welcomed and appreciated. I was genuinely surprised with the price, the service, and the quality. Great, great place!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Ribeye's for Sunday lunch after church and was pleasantly surprised at a value menu, awesome food, really good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I ordered a boneless porkchop and it was outatanding! The salad bar was great, too! And concealed carry is not discouraged!!!!!! Thank you, Ribeye's!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been here a couple of time before and it has usually been very good. This time not so much. Service was slow. The steak was cooked fine, but the meal was only warm when served. It was just warm enough to melt the butter. Our salmon meal was fine. The is a steak place and and a bit expensive, there is no reason for a meal not to be very good. As a rule it is a good place and I will give them another chance when I am in town.